First 678

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, but I am going to share what experts believe most men are aroused by.

also, you are describing attraction holistically. yes, older women often have far more ideal personalities than younger women and will more than likely make more suitable partners for you, but I'm talking about attraction strictly in terms of sex appeal/"this gives me a boner".
    Really I think most men would equally gladly bone a 18 and a 35 yo of equal attractivness. Because while yes, the 18 yo might have less wrinkles and a better skin tone (which is what your youtube shows), 35 yo can often "carry themselves" much better and (believe it or not) they often take much more care of their bodies and, least but not least, are often much more sexually "open".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't see why not. I think that if you're forced to grow up due to circumstances you will. Most people will live up to expectations especially in times of need. If a person doesn't have to do that, why rob them of their youth? It probably helps the economy too. A bunch of young people walking around with their low income paying for their iphones etc.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Really I think most men would equally gladly bone a 18 and a 35 yo of equal attractivness. Because while yes, the 18 yo might have less wrinkles and a better skin tone (which is what your youtube shows)
    it's a little more complicated than that. the facial structure and position of the facial "mask" also change significantly.

35 yo can often "carry themselves" much better and (believe it or not) they often take much more care of their bodies and, last but not least, are often much more sexually "open".
    this doesn't surprise me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

it's a little more complicated than that. the facial structure and position of the facial "mask" also change significantly.

this doesn't surprise me
    So what's the conclusion? Older women, up to a point, make up what they lose in "facial mask" (whatever that means) with other qualities, thus the final amount of "attractivness" remains fairly stable.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    So what's the conclusion? Older women, up to a point, make up what they lose in "facial mask" (whatever that means) with other qualities, thus the final amount of "attractivness" remains fairly stable.
    From an aesthetic standpoint I find the distinct cheekbones and profile more regal on women in their 30's. Teenagers still have a lot of baby fat on their cheeks and so look more like little girls. If I were gay I think the preference for the beauty of women from at least age 25-35+ (depending) would translate into sexual attraction.

For myself I was definitely most attractive from about 25-35. It would actually be kinda interesting to have people post a pic from each decade of their life and compare how individuals looked.

One other consideration also is that while teenage girls tend to all look quite similar, after 30 women start looking a lot different from each other based on what life requires of them.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

no, but I am going to share what experts believe most men are aroused by.
    Plastic surgeons, who make a very good living preying on insecure people trying to look younger, claim that men are most attracted to women who look as young as possible, and that older women are hopelessly unappealing?

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Kudos for the effort. I respect stubbornness, I do. But there is a point where it becomes silly, and that point is when you're believing advertising over people who are telling you that it conflicts with their actual reality.
    -end of thread-

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Plastic surgeons, who make a very good living preying on insecure people trying to look younger, claim that men are most attracted to women who look as young as possible, and that older women are hopelessly unappealing?
    I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
    Kudos for the effort. I respect stubbornness, I do. But there is a point where it becomes silly, and that point is when you're believing advertising over people who are telling you that it conflicts with their actual reality.
    I am believing people with related scientific backgrounds as opposed to anecdotal evidence (most of it being from women). that makes me neither stubborn nor silly (I can be quite stubborn on occasion, but this is not one of them).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Do you have a source for this? The OP makes me uncomfortable, but not rationally, just as a type A personality who is afraid of taking pressure off. I think this counterargument would be healthy for me to delve into.
    Sure! Check out the concept of "organismic development", which includes theory like Piaget's cognitive stages or Erikson's psychosocial stages. The idea is that development is coded into our genetic instructions, and we inevitably pass from stage to stage as initiated by internal mechanisms (often age) instead of by external stimuli. In general it's assumed that doing particularly well at a stage will set you up to succeed at the next stage, but there is also plenty of evidence showing that you can fail early on and still succeed later. IMO, it makes a lot of sense biologically because we know that much of physical growth is genetically coded. My suspicion is that, as with almost everything, development is affected by an interplay of genes and environment.

From personal experience having been a super-overachiever and then taking two and a half years off to work after college to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, I can tell you that I was really worried about never finding my drive again but I did, again and again and again. The fire comes from inside and it may flicker, but it doesn't go out. Trust your inner flame.