User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with people?!
    We were born in Original Sin.

So we can expect there to be something wrong with people, unless you are American and exceptional, then you can expect a life of self improvement.

You doubt this?

Just look at our different sense of humours.

Ours is based on Original Sin, knowing things will go wrong, SNFU (situation normal, all fucked up), while Americans know they are part of the Elect and can expect continual self improvement.

So Australians have a deprecatory sense of humour, and not just self-deprecatory, while Americans look down and make clever one liners.

We are separated not only by the seasons, not only by day and night, and not only by the Pacific Ocean, but by our sense of humour.

MBTI
    ESFP

People should learn to give not only negative, but also positive feedback. It's good when you hear "I love your house/apartment/car" or when you tell others you like their style/choice of house, car, clothes, paintings, etc. I had a friend who's apartment was lovely and in a better part of the block, so I talked to my other friends about his apartment, about his cool wackiness and life view and about the nice car his dad had. They found that annoying which surprised me. I bet they were envious that I have other friends. And yes, I did congratulate him about his parents' choice of apartment, furniture, and car. I mean, what's so wrong on saying someone has a nice apartment and is a nice person? But I understand OP, there are some people that think they should give only negative feedback and that is detrimental to the well-being of society.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sporty View Post
    People should learn to give not only negative, but also positive feedback. It's good when you hear "I love your house/apartment/car" or when you tell others you like their style/choice of house, car, clothes, paintings, etc.
    Such comments say more about the speaker than the listener. It is a highly subjective judgment, and simply reveals the tastes of the speaker, without saying anything substantive about the items complimented.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Such comments say more about the speaker than the listener. It is a highly subjective judgment, and simply reveals the tastes of the speaker, without saying anything substantive about the items complimented.
    You treat conversation as being about substance. Sometimes conversation is about just that. In fact I prefer small talk to deeper subjects where they can use the information against me later.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sporty View Post
    You treat conversation as being about substance. Sometimes conversation is about just that. In fact I prefer small talk to deeper subjects where they can use the information against me later.
    Conversation without substance is not worth the effort. If people use what I say against me later, I have spoken without thinking, and would better have kept my mouth shut. Most of the time, though, I am gratified if someone remembers what I say later.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...