User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    aw wow..see yeah i don't mean to say that it's unhealthy necessarily...but how sad that your friends didn't realize how much stress they were under before all of that happened. like the ability to function through stressful situations has served me quite well but i just wish there was a way to know when it was time to destress when you're not really feeling it.
    ja! no, i didn't mean to imply that you were one of the people who thinks it's always someone's "fault" - i was just kinda commenting generally i see that a lot of people on this forum seem to struggle with anxiety and depression, and i thought that perspective would be helpful to some.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I know it does me. I can barely feel when I'm stressed even. When I went to the dr years ago and found out I had anxiety. I didn't even realize I had anxiety or felt anxious. I thought i ws diabetic or something but he asked me a ton of questions...and finally was like yeah most people would have anxiety when dealing with that stuff. Even more years ago when my father died I went to the dr because my tongue was swollen an I couldn't drink water. Was the weirdest thing ever and he said that I had gotten oral thrush. He said he's never seen an adult get that that didn't have an immune disorder. After lots if tests he said that it was my stress that caused it. I didn't know I was stressed.

I have had a lot happen these last few years involving my ex husband that my bf thinks has made me depressed. But I can't tell. It would make sense that anyone would be. But I don't feel it. I mean I feel upset but I can't dwell on negative feelings too long. It just takes too much energy.

So I think our bodies will often tell us before we realize it. It's nuts.
    Totally. I went through a really stressful few years a while back. Eventually I was diagnosed with anxiety and was depressed for a while. My close friends and family knew I was different, but I really felt like I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong for a long time. I have a really hard time being in touch with my negative feelings, and took a few years and losing a lot of weight to realize something wasn't right. I just thought I was fine and getting more uptight as I got older or had more responsibilities or something. Like oh I'm not just a carefree kid anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to be more in touch and okay with stress and other unpleasant or negative feelings, but I've always lived in a really fight or flight way, and it's hard to break it. I've been doing yoga and meditating, and it's helped a lot. It helps me unite my mind and body and tune inward and acknowledge my thoughts and feelings (emotional and physical) before they go unattended for too long.

Thanks

Edit: I've never had anything like the tongue thing though. That's really bizarre, and make me wonder how related our experiences are. Does my thing sound e7 related or just normal? I used to blame this on inferior Si actually...
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Totally. I went through a really stressful few years a while back. Eventually I was diagnosed with anxiety and was depressed for a while. My close friends and family knew I was different, but I really felt like I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong for a long time. I have a really hard time being in touch with my negative feelings, and took a few years and losing a lot of weight to realize something wasn't right. I just thought I was fine and getting more uptight as I got older or had more responsibilities or something. Like oh I'm not just a carefree kid anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to be more in touch and okay with stress and other unpleasant or negative feelings, but I've always lived in a really fight or flight way, and it's hard to break it. I've been doing yoga and meditating, and it's helped a lot. It helps me unite my mind and body and tune inward and acknowledge my thoughts and feelings (emotional and physical) before they go unattended for too long.

Thanks

Edit: I've never had anything like the tongue thing though. That's really bizarre, and make me wonder how related our experiences are. Does my thing sound e7 related or just normal? I used to blame this on inferior Si actually...
    I actually was diagnosed with depression on two separate occasions, and I may be having a relapse.
    I also was diagnosed with anxiety on three occasions.

I think I just lapse in and out. Hard to tell anymore...

I am going to bed...
    I crave sleep all the time anymore, and have been looking forward to sleeping since I got up this morning...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I see...
    Google "present moment meditation exercises". There a bunch of exercises like this that will help you to avoid spacing out.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    So you also lose chunks of time, with no recollection that you were zoned out or daydreaming?
    Yeah, but I'm better at catching myself now, and don't do it as much as I used to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Google "present moment meditation exercises". There a bunch of exercises like this that will help you to avoid spacing out.

Yeah, but I'm better at catching myself now, and don't do it as much as I used to.
    OK, I will...
    I've been busy with my novel, though...

I'll do it tomorrow.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, if you ask me, your posts are oozing sadness! Get it together, Magic! Idk who you really are, but I'm willing to bet you're more than the person you make yourself out to be.

You posting this tells me you don't like acting this way, so change it.

You can start by stop using so many damn ellipses. Seriously. That just projects uncertainty, and it's completely unnecessary. Everything you've posted carries the same message without the need for those silly ellipses. Commit to what you're saying, gosh darn it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Well, if you ask me, your posts are oozing sadness! Get it together, Magic! Idk who you really are, but I'm willing to bet you're more than the person you make yourself out to be.

You posting this tells me you don't like acting this way, so change it.

You can start by stop using so many damn ellipses. Seriously. That just projects uncertainty, and it's completely unnecessary. Everything you've posted carries the same message without the need for those silly ellipses. Commit to what you're saying, gosh darn it.
    OK.
    I went on an outing Saturday, and I genuinely felt better for about twelve hours or so afterward. Now that snowcone season is over, I need a new job. Money goes really fast, even if you still live at home and your basic needs are being met by your mother. I like having a little pocket change just to escape my daily routine even if only very rarely. Our town put in a skating rink, and it is very good.
    By the way, I still think you have the cutest dalmatian this side of Disneyland!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan