• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spacing out, especially in the early morning.

Starry

. I've noticed a problem that I seem to have is spacing out all the time, but especially the first four hours after I wake up...

Has anybody every experienced anything like this, and if so, what was your solution?

I also somewhat expect its a perceiver thing, so I am calling people I know for sure are perceivers.

I do have this...let me see if I can explain. It's related to or a symptom of so many of the 'things/issues' we currently share. I recently stumbled across an article (and soon thereafter lost it but you may be able to find the same info online) linking Chronic Fatigue syndrome to ADD & ADhD. <-which I believe you have inadvertently indicated you experience. iow I know you have been diagnosed with ADhD. And while I do not believe you have been given an official diagnosis of CFS...I feel I've seen a thread of yours in where you at least express experiencing what would be considered the symptoms of CFS.

I believe the way it all goes down looks a little something like this...

ADD/ADhD --> leads to Anxiety. And most likely a co-existing anxiety disorder that often manifests for two reasons. 1. Anxiety actually aides attention. So like, your brain figured-out it could best assist Magic Qwan in navigating the world and doing all that needs to be done if it kept itself attentive by remaining in a perpetually fearful/anxious state. And 2. Anxiety developed out of feelings of inadequately (merely knowing you are not able to do the things others can do as effortlessly, etc.)

Anxiety --> Chronic Fatigue syndrome. Unusually high levels of the stress hormone cortisol (fight or flight) in an individual's system over time will eventually shut that person's body down and is what medical professionals believe is one of the main contributing factors in the development/onset of CFS.

CFS --> major brain fog and spacing out (so not helpful to someone with ADD/ADhD)...which will be made a hundred times worse if you have depression on top of that. And it's worse in the morning until some other hormone kicks-in I believe but I don't know for certain if that's accurate or what hormone it is if I'm right in that regard.

Now if I've actually gotten my shit together enough to drive somewhere and am around people, etc. then I'm not inclined to space out at the levels you report which is why I mention depression. I definitely believe you are suffering from depression...and because I also believe you are an e7...I think depression has a way of 'escaping' you just like it 'escapes' so many other e7s...making it nearly impossible really to understand the extent of it...the severity of its impact, etc. And subsequently difficult to address.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do have this...let me see if I can explain. It's related to or a symptom of so many of the 'things/issues' we currently share. I recently stumbled across an article (and soon thereafter lost it but you may be able to find the same info online) linking Chronic Fatigue syndrome to ADD & ADhD. <-which I believe you have inadvertently indicated you experience. iow I know you have been diagnosed with ADhD. And while I do not believe you have been given an official diagnosis of CFS...I feel I've seen a thread of yours in where you at least express experiencing what would be considered the symptoms of CFS.

I believe the way it all goes down looks a little something like this...

ADD/ADhD --> leads to Anxiety. And most likely a co-existing anxiety disorder that often manifests for two reasons. 1. Anxiety actually aides attention. So like, your brain figured-out it could best assist Magic Qwan in navigating the world and doing all that needs to be done if it kept itself attentive by remaining in a perpetually fearful/anxious state. And 2. Anxiety developed out of feelings of inadequately (merely knowing you are not able to do the things others can do as effortlessly, etc.)

Anxiety --> Chronic Fatigue syndrome. Unusually high levels of the stress hormone cortisol (fight or flight) in an individual's system over time will eventually shut that person's body down and is what medical professionals believe is one of the main contributing factors in the development/onset of CFS.

CFS --> major brain fog and spacing out (so not helpful to someone with ADD/ADhD)...which will be made a hundred times worse if you have depression on top of that. And it's worse in the morning until some other hormone kicks-in I believe but I don't know for certain if that's accurate or what hormone it is if I'm right in that regard.

Now if I've actually gotten my shit together enough to drive somewhere and am around people, etc. then I'm not inclined to space out at the levels you report which is why I mention depression. I definitely believe you are suffering from depression...and because I also believe you are an e7...I think depression has a way of 'escaping' you just like it 'escapes' so many other e7s...making it nearly impossible really to understand the extent of it...the severity of its impact, etc. And subsequently difficult to address.

What do you mean about depression escaping e7s? That bit at the end really piqued my interest. Maybe PM me if nobody else cares, but there are lots of e7s on this thread I thought might benefit too.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Yeah, I had a meeting with an investment advisor today to talk about my financial future. After the first 45 minutes of talking about mutual funds, I was pretty spaced out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean about depression escaping e7s? That bit at the end really piqued my interest. Maybe PM me if nobody else cares, but there are lots of e7s on this thread I thought might benefit too.

I know it does me. I can barely feel when I'm stressed even. When I went to the dr years ago and found out I had anxiety. I didn't even realize I had anxiety or felt anxious. I thought i ws diabetic or something but he asked me a ton of questions...and finally was like yeah most people would have anxiety when dealing with that stuff. Even more years ago when my father died I went to the dr because my tongue was swollen an I couldn't drink water. Was the weirdest thing ever and he said that I had gotten oral thrush. He said he's never seen an adult get that that didn't have an immune disorder. After lots if tests he said that it was my stress that caused it. I didn't know I was stressed.

I have had a lot happen these last few years involving my ex husband that my bf thinks has made me depressed. But I can't tell. It would make sense that anyone would be. But I don't feel it. I mean I feel upset but I can't dwell on negative feelings too long. It just takes too much energy.

So I think our bodies will often tell us before we realize it. It's nuts.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I know it does me. I can barely feel when I'm stressed even. When I went to the dr years ago and found out I had anxiety. I didn't even realize I had anxiety or felt anxious. I thought i ws diabetic or something but he asked me a ton of questions...and finally was like yeah most people would have anxiety when dealing with that stuff. Even more years ago when my father died I went to the dr because my tongue was swollen an I couldn't drink water. Was the weirdest thing ever and he said that I had gotten oral thrush. He said he's never seen an adult get that that didn't have an immune disorder. After lots if tests he said that it was my stress that caused it. I didn't know I was stressed.

I have had a lot happen these last few years involving my ex husband that my bf thinks has made me depressed. But I can't tell. It would make sense that anyone would be. But I don't feel it. I mean I feel upset but I can't dwell on negative feelings too long. It just takes too much energy.

I was just talking about this today! I agree with you. When something is affecting us psychologically, it can manifest itself as physical illness. I think it's evolution's way of forcing us to take care of ourselves emotionally and socially.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just talking about this today! I agree with you. When something is affecting us psychologically, it can manifest itself as physical illness. I think it's evolution's way of forcing us to take care of ourselves emotionally and socially.

yeah...i do wish however that i could have a normal healthy response to such things so i'd know to deal with it before it take a toll on my physical health.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
yeah...i do wish however that i could have a normal healthy response to such things so i'd know to deal with it before it take a toll on my physical health.
mmm, i see what you're saying, and i don't know the specifics of your circumstances, but i've seen it occur in many, many people and it's not always a case of people not having a normal, healthy response or not knowing how to deal with it. first of all, becoming worn down is the normal, healthy response - you have to know you've gone too far with how much stress you've put on yourself before you know what your limits are. for example, in college, one of my guy friends was one of those med school gunners. he kept up this intensity - a phi beta kappa double science major - for four years. right before graduation, he became debilitated with severe, acute, stress-induced pancreatitis and had to be hospitalized.

another one of my college friends - i knew this one better - was another phi beta kappa science major. he got a full scholarship to ohio state med school. that bright - absolutely overflowing with potential. his dad was also bernie madoff's accountant, and he shot and killed himself right before the trial. if you had met either of these guys on the street, you would never in a million years say that either of them was not "normal" or "healthy." i lived with both in the same dorm for years. there was nothing wrong with either of them.

sometimes, people are under so much pressure while they attempt to accomplish something they desperately want to accomplish that they become ill - and then, they remember to put limits on how hard they push themselves. sometimes people don't have the resources in their environment to eliminate whatever is creating their distress - or at the very least, they perceive that to be the case. i'm not relieving people of responsibility for their mental health because i have seen the opposite where people simply refuse to grow up and take responsibility for their thoughts and their feelings. yes, that does happen, and i don't deny it. but to say that that is always the case is inaccurate at best and douchey at worst IMO.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Interesting... I have Geographic Tongue Syndrome and Burning Tongue Syndrome that makes it to where I can barely eat if I'm dealing with some hardship.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that the condition of the world makes me sick, but I can't do anything about it, so I avoid serious things as much as I can. Serious, unhappy things have such a debilitating effect on me, that I just think it's healthier to avoid them and distract myself with happier, playful, cheery things. I might go and have a good meal or take a long bath. My tongue issues remind me of the pain though...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mmm, i see what you're saying, and i don't know the specifics of your circumstances, but i've seen it occur in many, many people and it's not always a case of people not having a normal, healthy response or not knowing how to deal with it. first of all, becoming worn down is the normal, healthy response - you have to know you've gone too far with how much stress you've put on yourself before you know what your limits are. for example, in college, one of my guy friends was one of those med school gunners. he kept up this intensity - a phi beta kappa double science major - for four years. right before graduation, he became debilitated with severe, acute, stress-induced pancreatitis and had to be hospitalized.

another one of my college friends - i knew this one better - was another phi beta kappa science major. he got a full scholarship to ohio state med school. that bright - absolutely overflowing with potential. his dad was also bernie madoff's accountant, and he shot and killed himself right before the trial. if you had met either of these guys on the street, you would never in a million years say that either of them was not "normal" or "healthy." i lived with both in the same dorm for years. there was nothing wrong with either of them.

sometimes, people are under so much pressure while they attempt to accomplish something they desperately want to accomplish that they become ill - and then, they remember to put limits on how hard they push themselves. sometimes people don't have the resources in their environment to eliminate whatever is creating their distress - or at the very least, they perceive that to be the case. i'm not relieving people of responsibility for their mental health because i have seen the opposite where people simply refuse to grow up and take responsibility for their thoughts and their feelings. yes, that does happen, and i don't deny it. but to say that that is always the case is inaccurate at best and douchey at worst IMO.

aw wow..see yeah i don't mean to say that it's unhealthy necessarily...but how sad that your friends didn't realize how much stress they were under before all of that happened. like the ability to function through stressful situations has served me quite well but i just wish there was a way to know when it was time to destress when you're not really feeling it.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
aw wow..see yeah i don't mean to say that it's unhealthy necessarily...but how sad that your friends didn't realize how much stress they were under before all of that happened. like the ability to function through stressful situations has served me quite well but i just wish there was a way to know when it was time to destress when you're not really feeling it.
ja! no, i didn't mean to imply that you were one of the people who thinks it's always someone's "fault" - i was just kinda commenting generally :) i see that a lot of people on this forum seem to struggle with anxiety and depression, and i thought that perspective would be helpful to some.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Totally. I went through a really stressful few years a while back. Eventually I was diagnosed with anxiety and was depressed for a while. My close friends and family knew I was different, but I really felt like I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong for a long time. I have a really hard time being in touch with my negative feelings, and took a few years and losing a lot of weight to realize something wasn't right. I just thought I was fine and getting more uptight as I got older or had more responsibilities or something. Like oh I'm not just a carefree kid anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to be more in touch and okay with stress and other unpleasant or negative feelings, but I've always lived in a really fight or flight way, and it's hard to break it. I've been doing yoga and meditating, and it's helped a lot. It helps me unite my mind and body and tune inward and acknowledge my thoughts and feelings (emotional and physical) before they go unattended for too long.

Edit: I've never had anything like the tongue thing though. That's really bizarre, and make me wonder how related our experiences are. Does my thing sound e7 related or just normal? I used to blame this on inferior Si actually...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Totally. I went through a really stressful few years a while back. Eventually I was diagnosed with anxiety and was depressed for a while. My close friends and family knew I was different, but I really felt like I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong for a long time. I have a really hard time being in touch with my negative feelings, and took a few years and losing a lot of weight to realize something wasn't right. I just thought I was fine and getting more uptight as I got older or had more responsibilities or something. Like oh I'm not just a carefree kid anymore.

I'm trying to learn how to be more in touch and okay with stress and other unpleasant or negative feelings, but I've always lived in a really fight or flight way, and it's hard to break it. I've been doing yoga and meditating, and it's helped a lot. It helps me unite my mind and body and tune inward and acknowledge my thoughts and feelings (emotional and physical) before they go unattended for too long.

Edit: I've never had anything like the tongue thing though. That's really bizarre, and make me wonder how related our experiences are. Does my thing sound e7 related or just normal? I used to blame this on inferior Si actually...
I actually was diagnosed with depression on two separate occasions, and I may be having a relapse.
I also was diagnosed with anxiety on three occasions.

I think I just lapse in and out. Hard to tell anymore...

I am going to bed...
I crave sleep all the time anymore, and have been looking forward to sleeping since I got up this morning...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Google "present moment meditation exercises". There a bunch of exercises like this that will help you to avoid spacing out.

Yeah, but I'm better at catching myself now, and don't do it as much as I used to.

OK, I will...
I've been busy with my novel, though...

I'll do it tomorrow.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Well, if you ask me, your posts are oozing sadness! Get it together, Magic! :) Idk who you really are, but I'm willing to bet you're more than the person you make yourself out to be.

You posting this tells me you don't like acting this way, so change it.

You can start by stop using so many damn ellipses. Seriously. That just projects uncertainty, and it's completely unnecessary. Everything you've posted carries the same message without the need for those silly ellipses. Commit to what you're saying, gosh darn it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, if you ask me, your posts are oozing sadness! Get it together, Magic! :) Idk who you really are, but I'm willing to bet you're more than the person you make yourself out to be.

You posting this tells me you don't like acting this way, so change it.

You can start by stop using so many damn ellipses. Seriously. That just projects uncertainty, and it's completely unnecessary. Everything you've posted carries the same message without the need for those silly ellipses. Commit to what you're saying, gosh darn it.

OK.
I went on an outing Saturday, and I genuinely felt better for about twelve hours or so afterward. Now that snowcone season is over, I need a new job. Money goes really fast, even if you still live at home and your basic needs are being met by your mother. I like having a little pocket change just to escape my daily routine even if only very rarely. Our town put in a skating rink, and it is very good.
By the way, I still think you have the cutest dalmatian this side of Disneyland!