The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Whoa, no I've never spaced out to that degree on a regular basis. How long and how frequently has this been happening?
    I'd say it's gotten worse with age and it typically happens on school days...
    I have daydreams I get deeply involved in, too...but they are different.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I wish I could add something useful but I have never experienced the like. The type of "spacing out" I typically do is when I am driving and thinking, and then suddenly I am at my destination. I echo @Lady X in that you may want to make sure it's not a sleep disorder, or a dissociative thing.

Also, do you eat anything in the morning? Possible that a little chemical metabolism jumpstart might help.
    Very little...
    I take a long time on school mornings to get ready...
    If I do eat, it is something very small and quick.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    .. it really only happens a certain time of day and I can never remember what happened while I was gone. The only thing that I've heard people mention besides me sitting there is that I play in my hair.
    Thanks for the extra detail. Since you don't remember what happens and these episodes seem distinct from your daydreaming times, I'll reiterate you should first talk to your Mom and/or Dad about your symptoms then go to the Dr. and tell him or her everything that you have told us here.

It may be nothing, and I'm just being "mom-ish" on you, but getting it checked out is the best option because then you'll know that all is well or what exactly you are facing.

They will likely want to do an EEG like @JAVO mentioned above (to look for/rule out epilepsy.) The EEG is a non-invasive test that involves wearing some special electrodes on your scalp for a bit while they record your brain activity.

Let us know when you make that appointment. In the meantime, make sure to get proper rest and sleep and eat well, taking good care of you.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Thanks for the extra detail. Since you don't remember what happens and these episodes seem distinct from your daydreaming times, I'll reiterate you should first talk to your Mom and/or Dad about your symptoms then go to the Dr. and tell him or her everything that you have told us here.

It may be nothing, and I'm just being "mom-ish" on you here, but getting it checked out is the best option because then you'll know that all is well or what exactly you are facing.

They will likely want to do an EEG like @JAVO mentioned above (to look for/rule out epilepsy.) The EEG is a non-invasive test that involves wearing some special electrodes on your scalp for a bit while they record your brain activity.

Let us know when you make that appointment. In the meantime, make sure to get proper rest and sleep and eat well, taking good care of you.
    Alright... I think I had one of those a long time ago when I was in about second grade. My mom was worried because I said strange "Off the wall" things and was bombarding her with "what-if" scenarios. I don't remember the exact results, but I remember a black lady coming back and asking if I had racing thoughts after the test was over...

Of, course, I told her yes...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yes, this happens to me. You can avoid it happening by taking the time to observe things in your outer surroundings. For instance, when I am about to space out I look at the guy in front of me and look at his shirt. I say to myself quietly, "He is wearing a blue shirt with red trim. The shirt also has a red, flamboyant collar as well". In other words, you notice the details of objects and people in your outer surroundings and observe the details of these objects.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ that makes sense. Like I think I told you in private chat or somewhere in some thread. That when I used to have anxiety ( until I divorced him haha) but the thing that helped was to get out of my head and as a ne Dom you know that's not easy but same as the great one says I had to basically engage my se ( I guess that's what we're doing?) and look at things around me and try to block everything else out. Notice trees and the sound of the wind, the birds, squirrels, chipmunks... Watch the water etc. it's very hard to block out your mental chatter and it takes extreme focus but it seems to calm me down a whole lot.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, this happens to me. You can avoid it happening by taking the time to observe things in your outer surroundings. For instance, when I am about to space out I look at the guy in front of me and look at his shirt. I say to myself quietly, "He is wearing a blue shirt with red trim. The shirt also has a red, flamboyant collar as well". In other words, you notice the details of objects and people in your outer surroundings and observe the details of these objects.
    I see...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So you also lose chunks of time, with no recollection that you were zoned out or daydreaming?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

If you can rule out a medical condition, you are having an involuntary trance.

This may mean you have a facility for trance.

If this is so, you might think of having your facility trained.

I went to a class run by a Sports' Psychologist at the University, and he taught us how to safely enter and leave a trance at will.

So you may not have a problem, but an opportunity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I used to space out a lot, and mornings are the worst for me being a night owl..

Try purchasing Vitamin C powder. Drink it as a complete vitamin source after a meal with protein.

Vitamin C's helped me to concentrate more, and I feel refreshed and re-energized.

As a powerful antioxidant, I also assume that not only does it's effects on balancing your internal pH system by alkalizing a naturally higher acidic environment, Vitamin C also helps restore cellular functions where ADHD, depression/mood disorders, among other psychological and physical impairments may play a factor in zoning out.

In capsule form, Vitamin C with bioflavinols make it a complete vitamin, too. Rose hips are a great source of vit. C. Brands like Solaray are exceptional!