User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine that life was a game and you would get score from different accomplishments

INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Son of Man had no place to lay his head. In other words, He was homeless, and scored -50.
    I think he would have come close to breaking even.

He was healthy enough to walk all over Palestine (+10) and he had a job as an itenerant preacher (+10). He had friends (+5). His work seems to have been fulfilling (+5). He definitely had obligations and could be said to have fulfilled them (+5). He certainly seems to have had a very strong sense of purpose (+5). And, perhaps, good self-esteem (+5). He did, however, suffer poverty (-10), stress (-5), and too much obligation (-5).

That would put him at +25 if I'm doing my math right.. It could arguably be less than that depending on factors like mental health and whether occupied Judea was high in violent crime, etc.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I dont score myself that way, I score myself like in the fighting fantasy game books with experience points.

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

If the time continuum could be mastered, then maybe achievements could be given a much greater rebirth, rather than as just one time spectacles. Still, there are indeed achievements that can last.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Let's say the total score range is from -100 to +100, what kind of a score chart would you make for a person's life? I.e. you can't spend more than 100 points on all the plus items, and can't spend more than 100 on all the minus items.

I'll give a simple example (and I dont mean this seriously, I'll give a serious answer in next post)

Your Life Score
    +50 for being rich
    +50 for getting laid a lot
    -50 for being homeless
    -50 for being seriously ill
    First, let me ask, what is the purpose in trying to score? What does one get for scoring high or low, other than an ego rub?

Now, as to what I would give scores to...

As Mother Teresa once said [paraphrased here] "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." If agape love and eternal weight are not the goal then the result is wasted on the temporal. Only those things that impact a person beyond the confines of the temporary really matter to me.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

aww.. you all are so non-materialistic. Cute, really!