User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I was talking to someone earlier this week and describing what happens when i smoke, and it turns out they're small psychotic breaks that last for 1/2 hour to 5 hours depending on much I smoke and how strong it is. I can be smoking a lot and grow a tolerance but these breaks happen everytime i smoke. I find them scary while they're happening but fun to reflect back on. So my solution is to smoke on the weekends, but what if i don't come back one time?
    Come on, prp. Use your head.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You're just going to have to change your thinking about this, I had to do the same thing when I got diabetes, about a lot of things and I'm not out of the woods yets and probably wont ever be.

If you can switch your satisfaction away from doing weed to abstaining from weed you'll have made a good start. I first did that when it came to saving, got myself more pleased with money saved than money spent each day. Its harder when its something you dont want to give up, like I dont find it easy not to buy books or comics I want when I see them, you know, but its do able.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Try huka. It gives me a similar calm vibe. Sorry you're dealing with this dilemma. I know what it's like to just want to be normal with a behavior.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ Good advice. I was trying to think if something that might fill that desire. That's a good suggestion.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hookah*
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You'd be better kicking this habit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'd say its harmful, I think saying its not is a little like saying that alcohol or, hell even, sugar arent harmful, they all are but its a question of whether or not you think the harm is reasonable or not or whether you're willing to deal with the consequences.
    It isn't really harmful at all in and of itself. It is used in medicinal ways, and almost anything can be argued as being harmful. Red wine has high report for being healthy for the body, in moderation surely, but to say alcohol is harmful is to discredit many historical and current uses for the substance. Similarly, fruit is not at all harmful although it contains tons of sugar, and yet diabetics might as well be signing a death wish eating the stuff. That doesn't make fruit bad for you just because it has that side effect. It is people's weak wills and lack of testicular fortitude that are harmful.

Substances and their pros and cons ought to be carefully considered. If prpl didn't have the history she did, and mentioned that this happened, I would be suggesting the same because psychotic breakdowns, even minor in nature, are extremely taxing on the body's physical status, and the hormones released by the body when put under stress does a lot of negative things to one's self. Given that she's on medicines as well aimed to target things like hormone production, anything tampering with that ought to be an out right no-no.

There are some made deliberately to be harmful--cigarettes, meth, crack.. none of these serve any sort of purpose besides complete recreation and purposefully driven addiction. Weed is not one of those things, but I'd still say in this case it should be considered harmful despite it not being a harsh drug on its own.

The suggestion of hookah is also a really good idea, whomever said it! It is an almost social occasion, and it is relaxing and smells amazing. I don't smoke, but I enjoy being around people smoking hookah.

It can be an expensive habit though.. Maybe try smoking some flavored electronic cigarettes until you gain a bit of knowledge and money for something fun like that?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

A study at the University of New South Wales has shown that marijuana precipitates psychosis in some users.

MBTI
    XXFP

Personal opinions on that last batch of ideas.

Re hookah:
    I can understand some level of wanting to 'just be normal'. And I recognize that something like smoking hookah with your friends can create or enhance feelings of connectedness with the group which can be beneficial for health. Most of the relaxation from hanging out and 'drinking a cold one' or 'smoking a blunt' or whatever else is built into the ritual of enjoying something simple and indulging. That's 90% of it right there. Set and setting. That can be replicated with a lot of things.

However, I can't imagine that sitting around breathing in smoke is good for your body. That nargilah muck doesn't scream: 'health product'. Not something I'd do regularly.

Smoking pot isn't the worst, and personally, I do enjoy it (fairly rarely) and do find it beneficial even, but never from experiences that scared me or I felt really broken off from reality, and if I ever did experience that (especially regularly) I'd stay away from it.

If that's what it's doing, don't do it. Think about the more valuable things you're losing after going through a psychotic break and recovering from that.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    A study at the University of New South Wales has shown that marijuana precipitates psychosis in some users.
    that interesting, it's the chicken or egg thing. I had my first true hallucination when i was 10 or 11 (saw the virgin mary, she told me to come to her, convinced it was actually the devil i ran the other way) and was having peripheals well before than and extreme paranoia to the point i wouldn't sleep. but i didn't smoke until i was 15 did i get worse naturally, or did me smoking make me worse???
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so