User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    So you know about her mental health history, etc, and your advice didn't sound stupid and dangerous to yourself?
    No my schizophrenic uncle used to smoke weed and it didn't really effect him negatively. It helped him actually. In fact, he used to smoke cigs too, and you would think that it would be detrimental to his health, but it helped him to not hear voices. However, given the current circumstances and seeing how it negatively effects her, I would say that you are right in the fact that she shouldn't be smoking weed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I so badly want to be neurotypical, and be able to relax and a friday night with a doobie. But the consensus is I shouldn't
    I know... And alcoholics just want to be able to have a glasss of wine after work or some beers with their friends while watching the game Sunday afternoon... And people struggling with social anxiety disorder just want to be able to talk to that super interesting person they see at school etc its not fair purple and it sucks so much but try to concentrate on the good things happening... Like you're in treatment. You're on the right path... You're starting over and getting healthy... You'll find your balance... And your new healthier ways to unwind and relax on the weekend.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No one who cares for your well being will tell you differently.. Weed is not a harmful substance, but it is a substance, and all substances have people who cannot tolerate it. Given the history, I'd agree that the no's your getting are sound.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I so badly want to be neurotypical, and be able to relax and a friday night with a doobie. But the consensus is I shouldn't
    Even 'neurotypical' people have adverse reactions to marijuana, including psychosis.

Take it from someone who doesn't touch the stuff: relaxing on a Friday night is perfectly doable without a doobie.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

That stuff is shit anyway. I'd stay away from it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

What if my meds were working 100% and there was no chance of it intermingling with them, then could i?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What if my meds were working 100% and there was no chance of it intermingling with them, then could i?
    Babe... You could if you had a positive experience but it doesn't sound like you have. You mentioned your breaks from reality were scary.

I know people who used to smoke a lot. Like a lot. Like really nice pot but they can't anymore because they began having extreme anxiety and paranoia and feeling like they were going to have a heart attack and both of them are neurotypical. Just some people can tolerate it and some can't.

Some people get mellow and creative and it can be a positive experience others either fall asleep or feel anxious and scared.

You just have to accept the reality as it is babe. Stop wishing it were different because its wasted energy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

No.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No one who cares for your well being will tell you differently.. Weed is not a harmful substance, but it is a substance, and all substances have people who cannot tolerate it. Given the history, I'd agree that the no's your getting are sound.
    I'd say its harmful, I think saying its not is a little like saying that alcohol or, hell even, sugar arent harmful, they all are but its a question of whether or not you think the harm is reasonable or not or whether you're willing to deal with the consequences.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wish I could fix it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers