User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Animals

MBTI
    infp

Default Animals

Do people relate to a specific animal?

I was talking to some of my friends last night and our conversation eventually lead to weird animal and gaurdian angel stuff. One of my friends said he believes that he does have some kind of thing protecting him, and he thought it was the spirit of his turtle and just turtles in general. Another guy said the same about dogs. I said that I thought I was the one watching over my life, sort of like my "soul" or "essence" or something like guided me, but that I felt I was in control of all of my actions, not a gaurdian. I do relate to wolves, particularly strong wolves that get stranded and then reunited with their pack, but not quite on the same level these guys do.

Kind of a spacy, new ageish stereotypical "NF" thing to say (even though one of the guys is ENTJ, and the other guy does a lot of magic mushrooms), but I think it's an interesting idea. However, I don't think there are animals or spirits watching us/gaurding us literally, but that some people may get this feeling or idea from how they relate to other things in the world, and that these ideas give them a sense of security.

Is there some kind of animal you relate to on some level? Is there some kind of animal you feel sort of guides what you do in some way?

Do you think it's possible that this might be part of human nature, related to human need for a greater understanding (through science or religion or art or whatever)?

Weird topic, I know, so ask questions if my explanation doesn't make sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I like most furry animals. I don't relate specially to only one species.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sure sure, it doesn't really exist... but I relate to the phoenix (surprise!). The whole burn yourself to death and rise again thing I totally relate to, as I'm perpetually angsty and restless... yet I can't just chill and be satisfied by the simple pleasures in life! I can't just sit and listen to a Bach partita sipping tea... no, I've gotta be headbanging to Shostakovich's 11th symphony 2nd movt., or air-piano-ing Prokofiev's third piano concerto, 3rd movt., coda, or hammering a nail in the wall to Bruckner's 9th symphony 2nd movt. (man, I HATE classical music!*)

As for a real animal, I'm thinking eagle. It's aggressive, it flies, it's got mad visuals, and has an air of poise. I had a dream I was an eagle...

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    infp

Thats interesting, a fictional animal...

MBTI
    INFP

A tiger.

I like the way they move. Their measuring stare. Their confidence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Thats interesting, a fictional animal...
    I've never been one to follow the rules...

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    FiSi

I love cats. I love horses, as well.

Both are intelligent (well, mostly ) animals that yearn to be free, cat in a (primitive) psychological sense (do not control me), horse in a physical sense (full gallop).

They are elegant and beautiful. They must be stared at. They radiate nobility and self-esteem.

They both enjoy company and can be very soft and friendly if they want

I love this cat.
    And this horse.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I am, and will always be a house cat.

MBTI
    INTP

I've occasionally indulged fantasies of being a large jungle cat in another life. I see it as a guide.

However, I get along with most animals, and enjoy keeping pets. You can learn something from all animals, if you watch them closely enough.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I was a kid, I often wanted to be an animal, but which one would vary a lot. Goats, raccoons, foxes, kangaroo mice, otters, fishers, badgers... So, I guess almost always mammals, and always land animals. I never really wanted to be a bird, so I guess I never had that strong desire to fly like some people have. As an adult, I don't find myself relating to any particular animal, but I love watching all kinds of animals. Heck, some insects are fascinating to watch. When I went to Moody Gardens in Galveston last month, we watched an IMAX film on sharks that definitely made me want to swim around in the deep sea observing.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel