User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Facebook help or hinder your effort to connect with others in a meaningful way?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook helps me connect with others in a meaningful way

    17 50.00%
  • Facebook hinders me from connect with others in a meaningful way

    6 17.65%
  • Facebook does not seem to help or hinder my efforts to connect with others in a meaningful way

    11 32.35%
First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 85

  1. #61
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think it hinders it but it's my fault not facebooks. i feel like i don't bother to call people to catch up like i would otherwise but that's shit. i should anyway.

    plus some people annoy the shit out of me on facebook.
    Something tells me I'd be one of the ones annoying you on Facebook.

    Getting less helpful because I'm not in college anymore.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  2. #62
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #63
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Something tells me I'd be one of the ones annoying you on Facebook.

    Getting less helpful because I'm not in college anymore.
    haha whaaat? why's that?!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #64
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha whaaat? why's that?!
    lol, idk, I'm confused about Facebook etiquette! I know it annoys people when you post good news too often because people don't want to perceive others rubbing success in their faces...especially my friends who are mostly in their twenties and are in that life stage where they are very unsure of themselves and if they are on the path to success. But I also know people get annoyed by hearing bad news/small things on Facebook. Like "Damn, I ran out of peanut butter. #FirstWorldProblems." So, I get confused and tend to post a mixture of good news and celebratory statuses when my sports teams win...and worry a little about whether I'm annoying people or not.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  5. #65
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    haha aww i'm sure you're not annoying.

    the people that came to mind is my one infp vegan friend who posts pics of all these awesomely healthy things she's eating all the time and how horrible it is to eat meat...torture videos etc
    and a photographer friend who hounds people constantly to book sessions with her...or other people selling things...all the time
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #66
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    lol, idk, I'm confused about Facebook etiquette! I know it annoys people when you post good news too often because people don't want to perceive others rubbing success in their faces...especially my friends who are mostly in their twenties and are in that life stage where they are very unsure of themselves and if they are on the path to success. But I also know people get annoyed by hearing bad news/small things on Facebook. Like "Damn, I ran out of peanut butter. #FirstWorldProblems." So, I get confused and tend to post a mixture of good news and celebratory statuses when my sports teams win...and worry a little about whether I'm annoying people or not.
    Yeah I read some article someone posted and was really surprised and a little bummed that people don't like when their FB friends post too much good stuff. It always makes me glad to hear about good things happening to other people.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  7. #67
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Rather than enhancing well-being, however, these findings suggest that Facebook may undermine it.
    They needed a study to tell them that?
    Let's outsource our social lives to a zitty, obnoxious INTJ with plans for world domination. What could possibly go wrong?
    Does Facebook help or hinder your effort to connect with others in a meaningful way?
    I am ideologically opposed to Fuckbook and refuse to use it, however, it still handicaps me by monopolising access to information that ought to be in the public domain, and leasing it back for the price of one's soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #68
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I am ideologically opposed to Fuckbook and refuse to use it, however, it still handicaps me by monopolising access to information that ought to be in the public domain, and leasing it back for the price of one's soul.
    Absolutely. But I keep saying "no" nonetheless.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #69
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yeah I read some article someone posted and was really surprised and a little bummed that people don't like when their FB friends post too much good stuff. It always makes me glad to hear about good things happening to other people.
    I completely agree with you!!!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  10. #70
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha aww i'm sure you're not annoying.

    the people that came to mind is my one infp vegan friend who posts pics of all these awesomely healthy things she's eating all the time and how horrible it is to eat meat...torture videos etc
    and a photographer friend who hounds people constantly to book sessions with her...or other people selling things...all the time
    lol, I have a few married friends who post things like "Look at this spaghetti my husband made me!!! Best husband EVER." Or "My wife made me dessert even though she has a cold. I'm the luckiest guy on Earth." Hahaha, it's pretty funny.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM
  2. [Tri] To those with 7 in their triads
    By Vilku in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 12:26 AM
  3. Would You Forfeit Your Ability to Analyze a Situation in Exchange for Group-Think?
    By JediVulcanisim in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM
  4. [MBTItm] How Should an iNFj Go About Trying to Connect with a ESFJ dad?
    By Glycerine in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO