User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 120

  1. #31
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    You see how well you empathise with me - you know I am feeling self-righteous without feeling self-righteous yourself.
    I don't care to apply empathy in this particular instance.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #32
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Everyone in prosperous States is compelled to go to school by Law.

    We are compelled by Law to go to school because reading and writing does not come naturally to almost everyone.
    We are compelled by law to attend school because the government has an interest in the indoctrination of its young citizens, so they grow up to be properly socialized, compliant members of the work force.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    You see how well you empathise with me - you know I am feeling self-righteous without feeling self-righteous yourself.
    Cognitive empathy at its best. I don't have to feel what you feel to know what you are feeling. It's good enough in most cases.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #33
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't care to apply empathy in this particular instance.
    You mean you don't care to apply sympathy in this particular instance, for sympathy means to feel the same as, while empathy means to feel with, but without necessarily feeling it oneself.

    So despite yourself you are empathising in this particular instance, of course purely by chance, and without good will.

  4. #34
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    You mean you don't care to apply sympathy in this particular instance, for sympathy means to feel the same as, while empathy means to feel with, but without necessarily feeling it oneself.

    So despite yourself you are empathising in this particular instance, of course purely by chance, and without good will.
    You are such a card.

  5. #35
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,037

    Default

    Well, I'd also draw a distinction between knowing what someone is feeling, and knowing why they are feeling that way.

    Knowing why they are feeling that way is harder and requires more effort, and there are some situations where I do not find it necessary to engage in that effort.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  6. #36
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    We are compelled by law to attend school because the government has an interest in the indoctrination of its young citizens, so they grow up to be properly socialized, compliant members of the work force.
    Please! Modern society is based on literacy.

    Literacy can lead to authority, control and secrecy, and by the same token literacy can lead to the analysis of authority, control and secrecy.

    Literacy is a double edged sword - it can lead to conformity and it can lead to the literate individual who may create or rebel.

    Literacy can give conformity or individual freedom.

    But all that is coming to an end as the individual is being subsumed by the etribe in the global village.

    Everytime we log into central, we are driving another nail into the coffin of the literate individual, as we join the etribe of Typology Central in the global village.

  7. #37
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,037

    Default

    Let's grunt instead. That's a better way of communicating.

    This is something to aspire to:

    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  8. #38
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Please! Modern society is based on literacy.

    Literacy can lead to authority, control and secrecy, and by the same token literacy can lead to the analysis of authority, control and secrecy.

    Literacy is a double edged sword - it can lead to conformity and it can lead to the literate individual who may create or rebel.

    Literacy can give conformity or individual freedom.
    Literacy can be taught in many ways. Government mandated public education does so in a way that promotes the goals I mentioned. Yes, it is a double-edged sword, and all the other features of public education work to try to blunt the undesired edge, far too successfully in most cases.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #39
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Placeholder...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  10. #40
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Literacy can be taught in many ways. Government mandated public education does so in a way that promotes the goals I mentioned. Yes, it is a double-edged sword, and all the other features of public education work to try to blunt the undesired edge, far too successfully in most cases.
    How have you responded to literacy?

    Do you conform, or have you discovered something, or created something, or even rebelled?

    Or do you argue for the sake of arguing?

Similar Threads

  1. Can one be an athiest and an INFP?
    By Sahara in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. Can Es be quiet? Can Js be messy? Questions of broad MBTI descriptions.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:33 AM
  3. I can't be the only one watching Dexter
    By Natrushka in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 02:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO