First 23456 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    You see how well you empathise with me - you know I am feeling self-righteous without feeling self-righteous yourself.
    I don't care to apply empathy in this particular instance.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Everyone in prosperous States is compelled to go to school by Law.

We are compelled by Law to go to school because reading and writing does not come naturally to almost everyone.
    We are compelled by law to attend school because the government has an interest in the indoctrination of its young citizens, so they grow up to be properly socialized, compliant members of the work force.

You see how well you empathise with me - you know I am feeling self-righteous without feeling self-righteous yourself.
    Cognitive empathy at its best. I don't have to feel what you feel to know what you are feeling. It's good enough in most cases.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't care to apply empathy in this particular instance.
    You mean you don't care to apply sympathy in this particular instance, for sympathy means to feel the same as, while empathy means to feel with, but without necessarily feeling it oneself.

So despite yourself you are empathising in this particular instance, of course purely by chance, and without good will.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You mean you don't care to apply sympathy in this particular instance, for sympathy means to feel the same as, while empathy means to feel with, but without necessarily feeling it oneself.

So despite yourself you are empathising in this particular instance, of course purely by chance, and without good will.
    You are such a card.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Well, I'd also draw a distinction between knowing what someone is feeling, and knowing why they are feeling that way.

Knowing why they are feeling that way is harder and requires more effort, and there are some situations where I do not find it necessary to engage in that effort.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    We are compelled by law to attend school because the government has an interest in the indoctrination of its young citizens, so they grow up to be properly socialized, compliant members of the work force.
    Please! Modern society is based on literacy.

Literacy can lead to authority, control and secrecy, and by the same token literacy can lead to the analysis of authority, control and secrecy.

Literacy is a double edged sword - it can lead to conformity and it can lead to the literate individual who may create or rebel.

Literacy can give conformity or individual freedom.

But all that is coming to an end as the individual is being subsumed by the etribe in the global village.

Everytime we log into central, we are driving another nail into the coffin of the literate individual, as we join the etribe of Typology Central in the global village.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Let's grunt instead. That's a better way of communicating.

This is something to aspire to:

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Please! Modern society is based on literacy.

Literacy can lead to authority, control and secrecy, and by the same token literacy can lead to the analysis of authority, control and secrecy.

Literacy is a double edged sword - it can lead to conformity and it can lead to the literate individual who may create or rebel.

Literacy can give conformity or individual freedom.
    Literacy can be taught in many ways. Government mandated public education does so in a way that promotes the goals I mentioned. Yes, it is a double-edged sword, and all the other features of public education work to try to blunt the undesired edge, far too successfully in most cases.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Placeholder...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Literacy can be taught in many ways. Government mandated public education does so in a way that promotes the goals I mentioned. Yes, it is a double-edged sword, and all the other features of public education work to try to blunt the undesired edge, far too successfully in most cases.
    How have you responded to literacy?

Do you conform, or have you discovered something, or created something, or even rebelled?

Or do you argue for the sake of arguing?