User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Back to Nature

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It definitely helps. It doesn't have to be a forest though--the beach is therapeutic for me, and I really enjoy the way snow looks out on the mountain when I go snowboarding.
    That it does not. Most people here tend to drive to the Rockies and their mountain forests if they want to go hiking, camping, fishing, etc. and it has become a little boring to me. Instead I go the other way and seek out some of the other unique landscapes this part of the world has to offer.

e.g.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    That it does not. Most people here tend to drive to the Rockies and their mountain forests if they want to go hiking, camping, fishing, etc. and it has become a little boring to me. Instead I go the other way and seek out some of the other unique landscapes this part of the world has to offer.

e.g.
    oh hey you're near victoria? can you recommend me some interesting nature trails etc to check out there?! (needs to be accessible without a car). I'm visiting in.....ok, next year, but getting prematurely excited.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    oh hey you're near victoria? can you recommend me some interesting nature trails etc to check out there?! (needs to be accessible without a car). I'm visiting in.....ok, next year, but getting prematurely excited.
    No no no no no, the picture is from some random UVic site, but I'm not from BC. I'm from Alberta. The picture is of the Badlands near Brooks. I've never been to Vancouver Island. Sorry.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

awwwwwww. okay.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I was just curious because I've known a few people over the years with 'cabins' on a lake somewhere. I heard 'cabin' and thought it'd be kind of rustic with few amenities and out in the proverbial wilderness. Instead they're basically just houses that happen to be on a lake, a lake that's rife with houseboaters, wakeboarders, etc.

It's sort of like going camping with a motorhome complete with satellite TV, a stereo sound system, blah blah blah. It doesn't feel very 'wild' to me. It's sort of... inauthentic. I see those monstrous RVs on the highways headed out to the campgrounds in the mountains and think "Why would you bother? You might as well have stayed at home. Would it feel any different if you parked the thing in your driveway and had a fire pit in your yard?"
    Lol actually 2 weekends ago my wife took the kids to one of those (we were having some mold issues in the house so she got them out of here since they were getting sick), they were literally a group of "cabins" but inside..... were more like fully furnished houses. I chuckled at the pretentiousness. But in any case around this neighborhood I do feel some reprieve from civilization just going into the woods or along the lakeside trails since there are usually no houses in view across the lake. Of course, that is slated to change in the next 5-10 years. I think then it'll really start to feel more like a joke.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Lol actually 2 weekends ago my wife took the kids to one of those (we were having some mold issues in the house so she got them out of here since they were getting sick), they were literally a group of "cabins" but inside..... were more like fully furnished houses. I chuckled at the pretentiousness. But in any case around this neighborhood I do feel some reprieve from civilization just going into the woods or along the lakeside trails since there are usually no houses in view across the lake. Of course, that is slated to change in the next 5-10 years. I think then it'll really start to feel more like a joke.
    Funny how cabins which ostensibly have some sort of "rustic charm" are probably more 'civilized' than your house.