32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 18.75%
  • No

26 81.25%
First 910111213 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    No, I think that is limited, defensive and boring. The ego is important for control but needs something to control, and the id and the superego provide the life of the mind.

The id and the superego are the horses and the ego is charioteer.
    I agree. Your metaphor makes me laugh as well.

Ginkgo

No, I think that is limited, defensive and boring. The ego is important for control but needs something to control, and the id and the superego provide the life of the mind.

The id and the superego are the horses and the ego is charioteer.
    So, why did you say that Coriolis's post was ego based? I don't really see how it was, necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I agree. Your metaphor makes me laugh as well.
    Of course if the ego is not in control, the mind becomes chaotic.

So the strong ego allows us to let go of control for a while, then return to control with our treasure. So the ego allows us to go deep sea diving, and bring us back to the surface when we need to breathe. And of course we dive for treasure.

And a weak ego has little control of what the mind is doing, and can't let go at the right time and can't pull back at the right time.

So, why did you say that Coriolis's post was ego based? I don't really see how it was, necessarily.
    I thought Coriolis was always subtly trying to best me. Coriolis made no contribution of their own but only wanted to argue with my contribution. After a while this becomes wearing.

But now I have been making a contribution for a while, so now it is your turn to make a contribution.

Questions won't cut it and arguing won't cut it, so what are you going to bring to the table?

Ginkgo

But now I have been making a contribution for a while, so now it is your turn to make a contribution.

Questions won't cut it and arguing won't cut it, so what are you going to bring to the table?
    This amazing penguin.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You have been responding to my posts in the same tone for quite a while now. I am starting to think it is an ego response. In other words, you are arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to think we are having an ego contest.
    Of course if the ego is not in control, the mind becomes chaotic.
    So, is an "ego-based" response bad, or does it just mean that I am in control of my own mind and not being chaotic in my thinking?

I understand though that you want mutual understanding. If we reached a mutual understanding, how would this make you feel? And what would you like to do next?
    I would feel a sense of harmony and like we could obtain some sort of mutual objective.
    I find a mutual understanding a worthy end in itself. Harmony is less of a priority. A mutual objective is fine, but it is also fine for us to have different objectives, as we are different people. We should be able each to work towards our individual objectives, helping other if possible, but at least not hindering each other.

I thought Coriolis was always subtly trying to best me. Coriolis made no contribution of their own but only wanted to argue with my contribution. After a while this becomes wearing.
    I consider asking questions to be a contribution. Often asking the right question is even more important than getting the answer. My responses to you often ask for clarification of your contribution. This is because what you have contributed is unclear, even apparently contradictory, to me and likely to others reading it. If my question leads you to explain yourself in a way that more people understand, that, too, is a contribution. Sometimes your statements also make significant assumptions, about people's thinking and how and why they do what they do. My response then will be to show you how those assumptions are sometimes wrong; how you need to include possibilities other than what your post addressed. If you want to label all that "arguing", so be it. You seem to value harmony for its own sake more than I.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

And a weak ego has little control of what the mind is doing, and can't let go at the right time and can't pull back at the right time.
    QFT

What's the bet everyone who voted "Yes" is INTx?

It's like asking to have your leg cut off to stop you stubbing your toe. Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

OK, folks, let's give Salomé data. I voted yes, and I'm INTJ. Anyone else ready to confess?

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    What's the bet everyone who voted "Yes" is INTx?

It's like asking to have your leg cut off to stop you stubbing your toe. Lame.
    Your analogy is a bit backwards. As ill-formed as the original poll question is, I would expect even you to vote yes. You are, after all, INTx also.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    OK, folks, let's give Salomé data. I voted yes, and I'm INTJ. Anyone else ready to confess?
    LMAO. I'm that good.

Your analogy is a bit backwards. As ill-formed as the original poll question is, I would expect even you to vote yes. You are, after all, INTx also.
    You on the other hand? Let's just say you have a distance to travel.

It is possible to recognise the common cognitive pitfalls inherent in one's type, without falling prey to them oneself.
    *flicks dust off shoulders*

Edit. Talking of confessions of a wannabe psychopath...brings to mind this article.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...ions-sociopath

Nice role-model, Cori.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.