User Tag List

View Poll Results: can you picture the faces of people not present in your mind?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • of course!

16 76.19%
  • no

5 23.81%
First 123 Last

Thread: picturing faces

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't actually see faces...maybe i'm misunderstanding. i have strong memories of what things look like but i don't feel like i'm visualizing them...my brain actually hurts trying to figure this out. i do know that i can sit and talk with someone looking at them right in their eyes and later when asked i may say they had dark blonde hair and someone else will say no...it was actually black. and remembering what they wore? i mean...sometimes i see it but others not at all. i could meet my bf for lunch and later be asked what he was wearing and i'd have no idea.

so...i wonder if i actually visually see people i've known or am i just remembering being with them? i do know i could pick their face out of a pile of pictures....the details of their faces are not lost. i just don't know if i'm seeing them when i remember them...not in the way i do when i physically look at something.

and yeah intp that's the craziness haha that's hilarious you do that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Prosopagnosia?

I picture a person's face and body language if I interact with a person on the phone, in writing, or even just think about interacting with them. It's automatic, like a reality-focused dream.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it kind of bothers me that I can't even picture the faces of the people that I'm closest to... like the boyfriend. I see him every day and have for years- we live in the same house for goodness sake! I can't picture his face though... he shaved his beard off about 8 months ago and when I came home from work I jumped a bit at first because it took a few minutes for me to realize that it was actually him. I hadn't realized that a good portion of how I'd recognized him was his beard

I once mistakened another similarly colored man of the same build wearing a jacket that was just like his and with the same beard as him at first when returning at a concert with drinks... it was kind of awkward, especially since he was right behind me

Yesterday I kept trying to remember what my sis looked like because she was meeting us all at a restaurant... my own sister who lived with us for about 8 months last year... I mistakened an asian chick for her at first because they had the same build, dressed the same and had their hair dyed the same... yeah... not cool

never had realized that other people didn't do the same though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it kind of bothers me that I can't even picture the faces of the people that I'm closest to... like the boyfriend.
    That's shocking to me.
    I'm a visual thinker, and then some. I also hear music - right now, Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve is playing in my head.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I can picture faces, but voices are more distinct/constant. I would have trouble really articulating in words what I'm seeing, though. A lot of it would be kinda dreamlike; various blurry film reels.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

why do i keep reading this thread as: plastering feces?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's shocking to me.
    I'm a visual thinker, and then some. I also hear music - right now, Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve is playing in my head.
    I've been realizing how auditorily my mind works over the past few months... I really hadn't realized how much I base how I operate on sense of hearing before then. I think of the rhythms of how someone speaks and their voice most of the time... probably too many linguistics classes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I can picture faces, but voices are more distinct/constant. I would have trouble really articulating in words what I'm seeing, though. A lot of it would be kinda dreamlike; various blurry film reels.

yes yes...i visualize things in the same way i remember dreams which i have a feeling is more of a feeling impression than a visual one even tho...i consider myself a visual person.

or maybe i'm just skewing everything in my head.

i just imagined the mona lisa...perfect fine easy...just like that...
    everythings like that...i think i was expecting it to be the same as seeing it in front of your face...omg i'm going to stop talking now i have no idea wth i'm saying.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I never even imagined that there were people who couldn't do this. I remember faces from 30 years ago clear as day. I have a pretty good memory for people's faces even if I haven't been good at remembering a lot of other things worth a damn. So, I'll remember the face but I can never remember the name. It is oftentimes embarrassing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639