• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thought Processes in Idea Space

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would you describe and/or visually represent your thought processes? This is very open to interpretation, but I'll include some examples in subsequent posts. Some type of visual representation would be especially interesting. Feel free to interpret this in whatever manner it is most meaningful to you. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hopefully I'll find a clearer visual representation. I've described online before that I tend to construct mutually exclusive poles of concepts like compassion|cruelty, or introversion|extroversion, light|dark, happiness|depression, etc. Imagine a sliding point of light on each of these poles that represents where an idea falls on this continuum. Most ideas consist of a combination of multiple continuums, each with a sliding data point. In this way ideas are experiences as fluid and ever shifting. I think this is one way Ni-Ti can be represented, but I'm not certain about that. I does describe how my thinking is a bit like fuzzy logic.

stock-photo-luminous-intersecting-lines-on-a-black-background-abstract-illustration-114599857.jpg

This is also a useful image to approximate what I am trying to describe because it also includes the fractal nature of Ni as well as the linear poles of thought. The fractal nature of Ni has to do with everything being built upon core concepts.

shereos_leaf4.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have found that some people with Ti or Fi use specific data points in which each individual concept is clearly delineated, and these are all connected in a kind of semantic space that forms a multi-dimensional web. Closely related/connected concepts are placed in close proximity. In this way all conclusions are set forth beforehand and each individual idea moves about this web to find where it is best situated. In this way Fi and Ti have an internal framework based on a conclusive structure of the interrelationships of ideas.

TomDixon_darkened.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here;s an elementary illustration what my brain does when it goes on tangents there's an idea box that's the start and an end box that's the end the other boxes are me stopping and looking at the scenery View attachment 9754 sorry it's very simplistic but is this what you wanted? i made it in 30 seconds in paint so it's no master piece

I

Infinite Bubble

ogga2w.png

The blue circles represent the primary subject my thoughts are revolving around at the present time.The orange ones are tangents/footnotes/other related subjects (but not as important, and I quickly go back to the main one, although can sometimes lead on to another primary area of interest). Exterior information can also be a catalyst for another set of thoughts, or influence it, as represented by the pale red lines. The grey lines indicate when I suddenly revert to thinking about something previously, and I often switch back and forth between several of them throughout the day (sometimes as well as the different tangents too).

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
too tired to explain, but this seems like a decent representation.

thoughtprocess.gif