User Tag List

Thread: hypthosis

MBTI
    yupp

Default hypthosis

that you know when we're young we want more friends and are less selective? but as we get older we're more selective? ok so i was thinking in an evolutionary stand point that makes sense. like we're trying to find the best tribe when we're younger but when we're older we're trying to keep it save and keep out outside influences

I dunno it makes sense to me. I like my butthole tight btw.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Makes perfect sense to me. I have less time and energy to forge new bonds now than I did when I was younger. I do still feel a strong urge to get to know particular individuals every now and then but I mostly sample briefly without committing and decide quickly that I'm not that interested in going any deeper.

garbage

Makes sense to me, too. As in life in general, we grow our sphere, explore, then whittle it down to the important stuff.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. I have less time and energy to forge new bonds now than I did when I was younger. I do still feel a strong urge to get to know particular individuals every now and then but I mostly sample briefly without committing and decide quickly that I'm not that interested in going any deeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Makes sense to me, too. As in life in general, we grow our sphere, explore, then whittle it down to the important stuff.
    yessssss!

p.s. Thanks for ignoring my atrocious spelling.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't know if it's because of an evolutionary standpoint, or perhaps just because when we're young and move from class to class and school to school, we just get in contact with like-minded people of similar age on a regular bases, whereas once we're adults, we (most of us) no longer find ourselves in a natural environment where this is the case. Lack of exposure to like-minded people might be why our social constructs became more stable and stale when older.

I think the latter seems more likely to be the biggest factor. But I do think that actively searching for when young and keeping safe what you have when older rings true as well. Not really for me. I don't think I ever really actively searched for a place to belong amongst others. I've had plenty of friends, but in that sense I've always been a bit of a loner. If my friends liked some movement or clique (say music/dresscode/etc), I wouldn't automatically follow just to belong. Unless I also genuinely liked said movement. Through the years in school, my friend base got overhauled a couple of times as a result as well. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't know if it's because of an evolutionary standpoint, or perhaps just because when we're young and move from class to class and school to school, we just get in contact with like-minded people of similar age on a regular bases, whereas once we're adults, we (most of us) no longer find ourselves in a natural environment where this is the case. Lack of exposure to like-minded people might be why our social constructs became more stable and stale when older.

I think the latter seems more likely to be the biggest factor. But I do think that actively searching for when young and keeping safe what you have when older rings true as well. Not really for me. I don't think I ever really actively searched for a place to belong amongst others. I've had plenty of friends, but in that sense I've always been a bit of a loner. If my friends liked some movement or clique (say music/dresscode/etc), I wouldn't automatically follow just to belong. Unless I also genuinely liked said movement. Through the years in school, my friend base got overhauled a couple of times as a result as well. :P
    yeah same, I guess I look too much in the distant past and distant future for my own good, never my own past or future just the universe's
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that you know when we're young we want more friends and are less selective? but as we get older we're more selective? ok so i was thinking in an evolutionary stand point that makes sense. like we're trying to find the best tribe when we're younger but when we're older we're trying to keep it save and keep out outside influences

I dunno it makes sense to me. I like my butthole tight btw.
    This selection process changes with the time and age.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

I would think it's the other way around actually..... in mainstream public school being around the general public with the only common demographic being age... But then in college and beyond being around like minded people just from seeking similar lifestyles. (not always, ... I guess coworkers can become a pretty motley crew in office buildings and stuff..) People haven't fully molded/figured themselves out when they are younger either so can't be as picky
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.