User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 229

  1. #1
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default "Child of rage" documentary

    The start is very disturbing (I mean it), but the ending is beautiful. She evolves from utterly cruel/cold/sadistic/remorseless to a pretty 'normal' child.








    Makes me wonder how many sociopaths could be recovered with proper treatment. An early intervention should have a pretty decent success rate.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  2. #2
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The start is very disturbing (I mean it), but the ending is beautiful. She evolves from utterly cruel/cold/sadistic/remorseless to a pretty 'normal' child.








    Makes me wonder how many sociopaths could be recovered with proper treatment. An early intervention should have a pretty decent success rate.
    this interests me, I want to watch it and I'll give my 2 cents after i do.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #3

    Default

    This is wonderful documentary about kid life some of the aspects are not good but the ending is quite good.

  4. #4
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    OK the obvious: sociopaths are actors. They lie ruthlessly. They have utterly no conscience, they really don't give a fuck. When people try to help the sociopath and show "love" he just sees them as complete suckers that he has every right to manipulate like a chess piece. This girl knows damn well that she is gonna be locked the fuck up if she doesn't shed some damn tears in a hurry. So she does, no problemo. She'll fool these bastards, and then one day she'll be at large, and she'll be all the wiser for her experience. This is a great lesson on how to fool suckers to her.

  5. #5
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    OK the obvious: sociopaths are actors. They lie ruthlessly. They have utterly no conscience, they really don't give a fuck. When people try to help the sociopath and show "love" he just sees them as complete suckers that he has every right to manipulate like a chess piece. This girl knows damn well that she is gonna be locked the fuck up if she doesn't shed some damn tears in a hurry. So she does, no problemo. She'll fool these bastards, and then one day she'll be at large, and she'll be all the wiser for her experience. This is a great lesson on how to fool suckers to her.
    Worst case scenario, she may not have a conscience, but it seems pretty clear that her sadistic desires have been managed.

    Functional sociopaths aren't stupid - even though they wouldn't feel remorse about torturing/killing a person, they are able to learn that the consequences aren't worth it.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  6. #6
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Functional sociopaths aren't stupid - even though they wouldn't feel remorse about torturing/killing a person, they are able to learn that the consequences aren't worth it.
    There are many different types, but a sociopath will do what a sociopath is driven to do. It's not a question of not doing it because the consequences aren't worth it, it's a question of being able to conceal it and evade the consequences. A sadist will practice sadism. It's their nature.

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    There are many different types, but a sociopath will do what a sociopath is driven to do. It's not a question of not doing it because the consequences aren't worth it, it's a question of being able to conceal it and evade the consequences. A sadist will practice sadism. It's their nature.
    I can buy lack of remorse as being a relatively permanent characteristic, but not sadism. I guess we'll have to disagree here.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #8
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I can buy lack of remorse as being a relatively permanent characteristic, but not sadism. I guess we'll have to disagree here.
    Yeah I didn't mean forever. I meant if you are a sadist right now you will do what you can to practice sadism right now. I dunno how they change over time. I've read varied reports, if I recall.

  9. #9
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Got it.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  10. #10
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I remember watching this many moons ago and thinking how afraid the child was, that she felt compelled to hurt others to numb her own pain. Completely detached from other people.

    I just rewatched it and can pinpoint the part where i realised where she was at psychologically- in technicolour, it was how she described the birdlings, as the mother not wanting them if they had been touched and not coming back. This is so apparent to me in connection with how she felt about her own (birth) mother. And that she killed them seemed significant in that she thought them better off dead.

    Of course this does not excuse (merely gives reason to) her behaviour and she absolutely needed to be away from her brother whom she was abusing. I do hope he also had therapy, familial abuse tends to work itself out in patterns.

    I looked her up and found that she is an advocate of the therapy she received, aparently adopted by the woman running the project (in the vid).There sems to be some dissonance with weather this therapy is/can be successful...

    Anyway, a more modern picture of Beth





    I wonder how she reconciles it all, i can identify with having to forgive yourself in order to move on in life.

    I wonder if she has had or will have her own children.


    /tuppence (for now)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Similar Threads

  1. [E9] The soul child of Type Nine - Point Three
    By Gerbah in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 04:15 PM
  2. [E5] The soul child of Type Five - Point Eight
    By Gerbah in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 12:54 PM
  3. [E8] The soul child of Type Eight - Point Two
    By Gerbah in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  4. [E2] The soul child of Type Two - Point Four
    By Gerbah in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 05:31 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENTP = the child of someone rich?
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO