Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    OMG! That is EXACTLY what has been going through my head. Is it great minds or simple minds that think alike?
    Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I was reminded of some of the following comments on Zooey Deschanel's eyes (also very blue) also being denounced as creepy and scary.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

How about the eyes of the girl in the window. One of the most neglectfully abused children ever. Not subject to sexual abuse to my knowledge. Does the coldness observed in her eyes qualify her to be subject to the category of irredeemable?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I was reminded of some of the following comments on Zooey Deschanel's eyes (also very blue) also being denounced as creepy and scary.
    I just was on Yahoo News, front page -- "Do you know who this is?"

I think it's, well, you-know-who! Isn't it?

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Great job breaking the hard stories, Yahoo News.

That doesn't look like Zooey to me. Something about the nose/lip area looks kind of masculine. Did they not say who it is? Now it's going to bother me all day.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

How about the eyes of the girl in the window. One of the most neglectfully abused children ever. Not subject to sexual abuse to my knowledge. Does the coldness observed in her eyes qualify her to be subject to the category of irredeemable?

Wow yes, i just read through that, it's interesting the diagnosis they gave her. I have heard of developmental autism before but not really seen a case it was made... though i did have a vague understanding of which circumstances it would be made in. Gosh i really hope that family are as genuine and loving as they seem.

I wish i could remember this book i have read, actually two of them as it has a sequel. It's funny how absue has a huge impact on me yet i feel compelled to read and understand at times. I don't think i could work in social services with abused and neglected children. Though it is an area i would like to help and heal in.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Great job breaking the hard stories, Yahoo News.
    Yeah, it just gets better and better there. They want to have more news in their feed than is worth reading.

They also insert contributer articles in with normal AP news articles, along with gossip sites like OMG. Fun.

That doesn't look like Zooey to me. Something about the nose/lip area looks kind of masculine. Did they not say who it is? Now it's going to bother me all day.
    I can't see it, it's a vid page and it's blocked when I try to load it. But maybe if you go there, you can chase the link?

I wasn't sure if it was Zooey or not. The eyes look kind of right, but the face might not be wide enough. They said also this actress lost weight for a particular movie role.

... spooooookyyyy eyeeeeeessss.....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I can't see it, it's a vid page and it's blocked when I try to load it. But maybe if you go there, you can chase the link?

I wasn't sure if it was Zooey or not. The eyes look kind of right, but the face might not be wide enough. They said also this actress lost weight for a particular movie role.

... spooooookyyyy eyeeeeeessss.....
    OMG! It's

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'll be interested to read more about her life. Her eyes don't look cold to me, but instead very haunting, vacant, and disconnected. This thread did inspire me to read up on feral children to see if there were issues of violence. The only violence mentioned refers to their ability to hunt small prey, so it is not about cruelty, but just mimicking the survival methods of whatever animals they lived with.

I think this is an extremely interesting point and could suggest that cruelty is a learned, reactive trait.
    So far my impression from reading and observation is that the cruelty results more from mimicry combined with a sense of rage and powerlessness from being violated.

Edit: also her expression is not false. It has a deep authenticity. I also would not think that anyone is irredeemable, including the woman of this thread topics. The question is not whether it is or was possible, but rather, if she in fact has been redeemed. Whatever is the truth about such scenarios is deeply important to discover and know, and so one must remain continually open to the possibility such a person has overcome their sadism,mbut also be open to the possibility that they have not.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I include myself in "the intelligent" and don't think myself dangerous at all, but there's a difference between IQ and EQ. If this person has high IQ and pretty much non-existent EQ (let's say the opposite of Down's Syndrome, who often appear to have high EQ and non-existent or low IQ scores) then she's to my mind phenomenally dangerous. People with high IQs and fair-to-middlin' EQs can be troubling enough without one who completely misunderstands it.
    Having a strong moral sense, or value system, is different from either IQ or EQ, and it would seem that this is what makes a psychopath (or anyone else so lacking) dangerous. My own EQ is fairly low, and though I don't relate well to people's emotional states, I have a strong sense of right and wrong, which keeps me from harming others as a rule. I don't have to feel their pain to know that certain actions will hurt them or cause them problems, while others will help. My values guide me to do the second whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fia, quoting wiki
    Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) is described by the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, fourth edition (DSM-IV-TR), as an Axis II personality disorder characterized by "... a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood."[1] They have an "impoverished moral sense or conscience" and may have a "history of crime, legal problems, impulsive and aggressive behaviour." ASPD falls under the dramatic/erratic cluster of personality disorders.[2]
    But what motivates a psychopath to do what they do, and by that I mean everything they do? Anything from choosing a job, to deciding where to live, or whether to accept an invitation, or how to interact with the neighbors. We say they are motivated by self interest with no regard for the rights and sensibilities of others, but what are their self-interests? Are these as diverse as they are for the rest of us - everything from creature comforts, to wealth, to knowledge, to fun/excitement - or as I asked before, are psychopaths driven by the desire to hurt others for its own sake? If they are not, then the damage they do is essentially collateral, and not the object of their efforts. That neither excuses it nor diminishes its effects, but does suggest a different understanding of their motivations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...