User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default why i have a hard time accepting i have any type of psychosis

this is more for me than you, but i would like feedback. People repeatly tell me ablify doesn't work, but I find its the one med that doesn't turn me into a zombie and allows me to function, sure i take a pretty high dose of it (for the med) and it doesn't work all the time, but most of the time it makes me functional when I'm off it I can't function in the least. Any ways, I don't know where I'm going, but lets see if we can get there. I'm concerned that I'm not sick and it's all a placebo.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Please hug me

thinking of you

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No chknz it's not a placebo. Abilify is pretty strong, some people can't even take it.

I'm not saying that to insult you, I think you're awesome, but I can't forget the conversation we had about robot parts in your pills. I'm not saying that to try to embarrass you, but to try to not let it happen again.

Just as I would like for someone to do the same for me (though my issues are different, I still think it's wrong to let these things go, it does more harm than good).

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this is more for me than you, but i would like feedback. People repeatly tell me ablify doesn't work, but I find its the one med that doesn't turn me into a zombie and allows me to function, sure i take a pretty high dose of it (for the med) and it doesn't work all the time, but most of the time it makes me functional when I'm off it I can't function in the least. Any ways, I don't know where I'm going, but lets see if we can get there. I'm concerned that I'm not sick and it's all a placebo.
    I imagine a drug like this will vary from patient to patient in terms of effectiveness. It's often prescribed to supplement an ongoing medication treatment with a another drug for depression/anxiety, etc. Perhaps these various drug combos in others are the reasons you're getting a lot of mixed/negative reviews? Just trying to consider possibilities for this. My old roommate took Abilify along with his meds for bipolar [but I forget which he took- they had him on a few different ones for awhile]- & he said it helped considerably. So I figure with small samplings of reviews + the variety of possible medication combos of the patients, it's unlikely you'd be able to universally conclude much about the medication except that it works well for you and what else you're on. Which is a good thing. Being a zombie's no fun. (that kind of zombie, at least)

But yeah, either way: def not a placebo drug. So if it works well for you, you're one of the fortunate patients who reaps its benefits.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

Yeah I don't really have side effects from it, I don't think. If I do they're minor and unnoticible. which also makes me suspect. I'm wondering why latuda fucked with me so much though it didn't make me a zombie but rather made my psychosis worst.yeah I take ablify both as a supplement to my mood stabilzer, for anxiety, and psychosis. most people who take it as a supplement take a much lower does usually. I don't know its weird i guess, the only other drug i've tried is seroquel for psychosis and that turned me into a complete zombie I took 500 mg
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

My personal story:

I was diagnosed with depression and given Viibryd by my doctor. I decided not to take it because I believed that I would get through the depression without it. The only reason I went to the doctor was so I could be paid to be off work. So for the next month or two, yeah I had unbelievable depression, and might still, but things slowly appear to be improving.

So maybe that helps. If you stop taking your meds you can probably expect some god awful psychological pain, and it could last for weeks or even months. It could possibly be risky if you go suicidal, but then again reliable sources say that meds like Abilify actually can increase your risk of suicide.

Long story short, I'm not in a position to make recommendations for you, but thought my perspective could maybe add something.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    My personal story:

I was diagnosed with depression and given Viibryd by my doctor. I decided not to take it because I believed that I would get through the depression without it. The only reason I went to the doctor was so I could be paid to be off work. So for the next month or two, yeah I had unbelievable depression, and might still, but things slowly appear to be improving.

So maybe that helps. If you stop taking your meds you can probably expect some god awful psychological pain, and it could last for weeks or even months. It could possibly be risky if you go suicidal, but then again reliable sources say that meds like Abilify actually can increase your risk of suicide.

Long story short, I'm not in a position to make recommendations for you, but thought my perspective could maybe add something.
    98% of psych meds can increase suicidality especially ssris if you have a bipolar component which I have and is why I can't take ssris they either make me suicidal or sleep all the time or not work at all
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

I mean I should accept it. I move in 3 weeks, and I think it's making my symptoms act up and It scares me that something minor as moving is causing me to hear voices and for my thoughts to be broadcasted outside my head. I just want to be able to work and hold a job with out having to worry. I don't think I'm at the place i can hold a job which sucks, I can't even land a job. and when I'm stressed this happens. and jobs are stressful. Maybe one day, I hope one day I won't have to deal with this anymore. Is it possible to grow out of it? If I was off meds I'd be a lot lot worse, last time i went off them for 2-3 weeks and the doctor gave me the do you know the date and where you are quiz. Because my symptoms were acting up so bad.

the silver lining: they have esp so i never have to interact with them out loud making me look less crazy.

I'm probably fine, its probably all my imagination. See I really don't know because part of me is like yes yes I am another part of me is like that's ridiculous most people have this stuff happen to them. it's confusing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Permabanned

SSRI's turn you into a fat, sexless zombie. I've come to believe that they work the best to be on no more than 6 months to a year.

Yeah, prpl, I don't think you should shirk your symptoms. It's not normal to hear voices, especially threatening voices, or to have hallucinations like you've been describing in your blog. Keep taking your meds, they're not placebos and it's good that they're not giving you serious side effects.