that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    She's posted on the forum for years, candidly discussing and exploring various diagnoses she's been given for psychiatric conditions. It seems patently obvious to anyone who has indeed observed her posting over the the years, that she wavers back and forth with regard to how to deal with these issues, & is seeking external feedback to supplement what she thinks/feels, as well as to further examine what those in her immediate environment offer. Suggesting she leave a community where she has friends and (most of the time) reasonable people to discuss this with seems like a rather pointless bit of advice to dispense.

I wonder what your motivation/reasoning behind it is. Are you aware of it?
    -To clarify, I'm not trying to attack you in any way. I'm genuinely curious.
    Are these people genuinely her friends? Does the social media even have the capacity to provide anyone with the valuable interpersonal connections that we all need in order to maintain an adequate level of mental health? It is a telling fact that despite the proliferation of technology that grants us opportunities to cultivate online relationships with other people, our social capital is plummeting precipitously. Robert Putnam covered quite a bit of that in Bowling Alone and he was mostly right, online communities are at best distracting us from opportunities to create rewarding professional and interpersonal relationships in a face to face setting. It creates an illusion that exacerbates the plight of the alienated youth.

"Aspie INTx humor" crossed my mind as a possibility, hah. Thought I'd ask for his reasoning, though, since it wasn't entirely clear.

(the post being sensitive subject matter, Fe kicks in & I'm kind of its bitch/need to seek clarification)

I admire the typological ingenuity on your part, after all, any "INT" with an odd sense of humor must have asperger's syndrome or suffer from autism, right?

No, unfortunately, that's not correct: all of the counselors I've visited (when I was a regular forum member), certified that I was perfectly mentally healthy and entirely devoid of personality disorders.

As for my reasoning, see my initial response to you above.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Are these people genuinely her friends?
    Yes, they are. (some of us have hung out with her in person, as well, for whatever that's worth)

Does the social media even have the capacity to provide anyone with the valuable interpersonal connections that we all need in order to maintain an adequate level of mental health?
    By itself, of course not. But as another dimension of human interaction, it's certainly supplemental. Meaningful, lasting relationships can & do develop in this abstract realm all the time.

It is a telling fact that despite the proliferation of technology that grants us opportunities to cultivate online relationships with other people, our social capital is plummeting precipitously. Robert Putnam covered quite a bit of that in Bowling Alone and he was mostly right, online communities are at best distracting us from opportunities to create rewarding professional and interpersonal relationships in a face to face setting. It creates an illusion that exacerbates the plight of the alienated youth.
    I think this subjective topic is difficult to pin down in terms of statistical or universal absolutes. To some extent, it depends on how one chooses to live (one might also factor in where an individual lives, & under what conditions, as sometimes more interaction with the external world simply isn't as readily available, for various reasons). People can & do successfully maintain fulfilling relationships on each of these planes in tandem. Of course, interacting exclusively in online communities & literally never making an effort to engage with those in your immediate surroundings would not be conducive to healthy psychological growth; I think most people here would agree.

I admire the typological ingenuity on your part, after all, any "INT" with an odd sense of humor must have asperger's syndrome or suffer from autism, right?

No, unfortunately, that's not correct: all of the counselors I've visited (when I was a regular forum member), certified that I was perfectly mentally healthy and entirely devoid of personality disorders.

Ah, you're not familiar with my lame humor, I see. Allow me to clarify. I call INTx's "aspies" with utmost affectionate humor. Some of those closest to me happen to be INTx people. Diagnosing mental conditions based on type alone is absurd, hence the joke. My delivery isn't always well-recieved; hit or miss (ironic, since I'm making cracks about the social clumsiness of others).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Not that I care enough to convince anyone, but I don't see how that 'have you read my signature' part could have been interpreted as a joke.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Not that I care enough to convince anyone, but I don't see how that 'have you read my signature' part could have been interpreted as a joke.
    I do! Self-deprecation.

Just sayin'
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I do! Self-deprecation.

Just sayin'
    Abstractly possible, though concretely pretty much impossible taking into account his low opinion of people who regularly frequent this forum.

Also, it's not his style.

Anyways, he took advantage of the plausible deniability masterfully.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Abstractly possible, though concretely pretty much impossible taking into account his low opinion of people who regularly frequent this forum.

Also, it's not his style.

Anyways, he took advantage of the plausible deniability masterfully.
    Sorry, thought you were talking about Lex! Apparently I misunderstood the misunderstanding?

*stops while she's not ahead*
    *leaves thread*

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sorry, thought you were talking about Lex! Apparently I misunderstood the misunderstanding?

*leaves thread*
    D'aww, so SJ's can have sensortard moments. . .
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

*leaves thread*
    Oh, got it.

I assumed you were playing devil's advocate, but it's not your style, so it was a bit weird.

(On a side note, I should probably stop saying 'not his/her style' in order to be recognized as a badass ultra-objective Ti-dom.)
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

D'aww, so SJ's can have sensortard moments. . .
    You're the one with Se, missy.

I probably have more sensortard moments than my INFJ mother.