User Tag List

123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default The psychological profile of a regular member of TypeC

I've been a member on this site and INTPc on and off for over six years and here is what I've noticed about regular members. I would think that at least one of the following characteristics accurately describes most regular members.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.
    -They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.
    -They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.
    -They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.
    -They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.
    -They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't find a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.
    -They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Feel free to continue this list for me.
    Last edited by SolitaryWalker; 06-11-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's my boy.

You've been gone far too long.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

someone must be thinking about a purge
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess I'm the first one more than anything, but I don't think my real life problems are overwhelming.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Ginkgo

It's as if bumblebees of illumination flutter around my head, pollinating my mind with the sweet sugars of enlightenment.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

'Anxiety, depression or ADHD' aren't 'personality disorders', as that term is generally used.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Interesting idea for a thread. To test your hypothesis, I'll answer them for myself.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.

I can be a little escapist but don't have any overwhelming problems in real life. The forum is a form of relaxation.

-They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.

No to this one

-They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.

No significant problems relating to people

-They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.

You got me. I prefer not to think at all if I don't have to. I used to watch as much reality TV as possible but WifeSwap was too intellectually challenging and so I looked for an alternative.

-They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.

This is in interesting thought. As far as this forum goes, I have no idea what my persona would be. I pretty much act like I normally do, so not sure about that one.

-They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.

None of those fit. Typology is a hobby for me though. I've been learning about it and attempting to use it for practical purposes for a long time. It's an idea you know - to look for practical uses for things.

-They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Nope.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    -They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.
    I relate. I feel the same urge to tear people down, sow self-doubt, and make sure they know how wrong they are. Like, it fucking burns. It's this rage I have inside me. I love this rage, though, because it is so pure and powerful. It feels so justified. I am full of hatred for being stuck in this life that has failed to answer my cries for connection. I feel incredibly lonely, utterly betrayed. I hate god for doing this to me. My heart is broken a million times over. Why can't I be loved? I have tried so fucking hard. All that's left for me is to reject people as I have been rejected, but even that leaves me empty.

And I'm serious. I'm in this wasteland. I don't know what to do anymore, I am out of ideas. I can't even just collapse and cry about it, but I really want to. I could perhaps, if I could truly accept the fact that things are really this bad, that I am really alone and rejected like this forever. I can't, though. I still have hope, for better or worse. I think maybe tomorrow something good will happen. Maybe I'll meet someone different, someone who I love and she loves me back. Maybe I'll have a great idea and find passion and purpose.. even just entertainment will do, really. Fuck, maybe god will come down from the heavens and tell me it was all just a bad dream, that I am actually much more important than I thought I was, that I fucking mattered or something. I dunno man. Was it too much to ask?

Upon reading this thread, the first thought that popped into my mind was cutting.