Bullshit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Thanks, Jen. The speculation is interesting, but in my opinion, inaccurate. I am not ducking from anything, so if you or anybody else would like to "assassinate" my character, you're more than welcome to. Although it is true, as you've observed, that I may not be there to respond to much of this but that's because the forum is no longer an important part of my life. Not because I am staying away form this site to avoid people who'd like to get back at me for ruffling their feathers.
    I have no interest in "assassinating" your character, don't really consider myself a "regular member" here in the way I used to be (I spend more time elsewhere), and find it amusing that you show up out of the blue to simply toss a grenade and then disappear again. What is the purpose?

Nothing constructive that I can imagine, nothing rational that I can see.

At least if you were still a participating member, one could assume you'd perhaps be trying to make the forum a better place. However, it mostly just comes across as self-justification for your own decision to step away.

I haven't read the other responses you might have written in this thread, so....

You have your reasons for saying that. After all, you've met four years ago and the conclusions you've drawn have a basis in some of the observations you may have made back then.
    I'm actually including the conversations we've had in the intervening time, elsewhere, where your responses did not seem any more mature than what I saw in the OP. Big brain, small heart; you typically had trouble having realistic expectations for people. It is what it is. People all have different approaches to life, and not all are wrong, they're just different.

Honestly, whatever. The whole thing is kind of irrelevant. Just note that I find your thread rather ironic, and let it go at that. I don't care to invest more in it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'll answer to these. I have a lot of posts & SW thinks I'm stupid (along with all INFPs), so I might be a good candidate to compare with the OP.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.

I think most people use their leisure entertainment in that manner, and that's certainly what this site is to me - entertainement. I wouldn't say I have escapist tendencies, because I very much face my real life problems as productively as I can reasonably manage.

I don't watch TV or play video/online games or whatever else other people do for leisure relaxation, so online discussion of pseudo-psychology is my time-waster of choice.

-They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.

I am shy and have struggled with mild social anxiety since childhood, yes. But I have a lot of great friends & family who have openly expressed that they like & care for me.

-They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.

No, not at all.

-They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.

This is your own bias... which is to write people off as unintelligent & mentally lazy because they aren't just like you. A lot of ideas expressed here are humorous &/or using typology terminology in metaphorical way, not literally. You're too serious.

I'm not even going to compare myself to this. It says more about you than anyone here.

-They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.

I probably have average self-esteem, which is something of a mix of low & high in different areas. I'm sure I have some kind of persona, but it's not all that different from my real life image. People act differently in different contexts because they are not one-dimensional.

I do think this is a common issue on the internet in general though.

-They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't find a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.

None of the above. I work full-time in a professional job, do a ton of volunteer work, and am very active in my church where I have a lot of social contacts.
    My job is relaxed & flexible & I sometimes can goof-off online.

-They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Nah, they like to debate with people over sensitive topics many avoid in person precisely because it can get too heated.... Some people like passion in their conversations, that's all.

Personally, some disagreement & even light sparring is fine to me, but I don't like bitter arguments, no.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I've been a member on this site and INTPc on and off for over six years and here is what I've noticed about regular members. I would think that at least one of the following characteristics accurately describes most regular members.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.
    -They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.
    -They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.
    -They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.
    -They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.
    -They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't find a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.
    -They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Feel free to continue this list for me.
    Congratulations my little pseudo-intellectual puppy. You have successfully described the interwebz and the template psychological profile of about 90% of forums and their members. My dear boy, have you ever heard of Representativeness heuristics? I haven't either.

If I may ask, what have you been doing these last six years not spent on the forum? What cowers and curdles inside the hole you crawled out of? How fares your ESFJ mother?

I've been a member on this site and INTPc on and off for over six years and here is what I've noticed about regular members. I would think that at least one of the following characteristics accurately describes most regular members.

Feel free to continue this list for me.
    It's just not fair to judge everyone on this forum solely on my posts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

With slight modifications, you could've posted that list on pretty much every internet forum.

(hmm, that could be fun)
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    They are people who are trying to figure out who they are and how they can relate more efficiently to others, showing interest in self-growth.
    This. It's my primary motivation for typology. If anything, it's about coming to grips with my flaws, instead of running from them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

FALSE.

FALSE.

FALSE.

FALSE.

FALSE.

FALSE.

FALSE.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Chill!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    yupp

Congratulations, you know how to sterotype, now here have an arsenic cookie
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so