User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Believing there is nothing wrong even when there's mountains of evidence otherwise

Do you ever do this. Like I think oh everyone gets paranoid, everyone hears things, everyone sees things that aren't there. I don't need meds than I end up screwing myself over. I don't know if it's part of the illness or me being stubborn. But the point is I was telling everyone I was still taking meds even when I wasn't I ended up having a bad episode of paranoia and auditory hallucinations yesterday. So why do I do this? and I've been getting paranoid periodically the past week. It was so scary it's like being on a really bad trip, is the best way to describe it. I'm back on them now, but I don't know why i keep taking myself off of them.I really don't. It was so bad that when i reported all my symptoms today they tried to put me in the hospital to stabelize me and i got the do you know where you are quiz. So what do I do? I'm on supervised meds now, but i won't be forever.

I just need to know if people relate.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah a bunch of people (back when I used to interact with people) used to tell me I was depressed. I always just said fuck you no I'm not.

your resident asshole

Not really, but I'm sorry to hear you're going through that.

It would make sense that you feel you don't need meds. When on them, you feel fine, right? So then it seems like you don't need them. At that point, your body does not see a logical connection between the two, so you don't see any reason to take them.

I'd say it happens to a lot of people that need medications, no matter what they are for. Not everyone, of course, but a decent number. For example, some people feel they don't need to take high blood pressure medication because they terrific when they are taking them.

I know this post didn't really add anything, but I felt like responding. :/

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Not really, but I'm sorry to hear you're going through that.

It would make sense that you feel you don't need meds. When on them, you feel fine, right? So then it seems like you don't need them. At that point, your body does not see a logical connection between the two, so you don't see any reason to take them.

I'd say it happens to a lot of people that need medications, no matter what they are for. Not everyone, of course, but a decent number. For example, some people feel they don't need to take high blood pressure medication because they terrific when they are taking them.

I know this post didn't really add anything, but I felt like responding. :/
    it sorta did
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Any chance you cuold see the pills like you would see vitamins? I mean..yuo dont need to take vitamins, but many people still do just to ensure their body has everything it needs, even if they dont feel teh difference or notice the need for taking them.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Any chance you cuold see the pills like you would see vitamins? I mean..yuo dont need to take vitamins, but many people still do just to ensure their body has everything it needs, even if they dont feel teh difference or notice the need for taking them.
    yeah but i won't take vitamins either
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hate taking pills. I guess I just don't like to think there is something wrong with me. Even when I'm sick I still secretly think that the doctors don't know anything and the pills will have unwanted side effects, and I will try to stop taking them as soon as I can, except for antibiotics, which I always take as prescribed to fulfill my duty to humanity not to let bacteria develop into drug-resistant super-bacteria.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I hate taking pills. I guess I just don't like to think there is something wrong with me. Even when I'm sick I still secretly think that the doctors don't know anything and the pills will have unwanted side effects, and I will try to stop taking them as soon as I can, except for antibiotics, which I always take as prescribed to fulfill my duty to humanity not to let bacteria develop into drug-resistant super-bacteria.
    yeah i agree with this.

it's a catch 22 so to speak it's like part of me is like no no no, and another part of me is yes yes yes. It can be scary but it can be fun but each time the consequences are more severe when i go off them
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

your resident asshole

One solution might be to start manufacturing pills coated in chocolate and other delicious goodies. Of course then we'd have the opposite problem and everyone would be ODing.

Hmm...'tis a pickle.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    One solution might be to start manufacturing pills coated in chocolate and other delicious goodies. Of course then we'd have the opposite problem and everyone would be ODing.

Hmm...'tis a pickle.
    people od on the fun drugs anyways
    In no likes experiment.

that is all