User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

As someone who is very non-talkative, it's usually a question of mental energy but context is important.

When the topic at hand is something I don't care about, and therefore have little value to add to the topic, I stay quiet out of politeness. In the wrong kind of situations this can be frequent enough that folks just think I'm timid or a jerk. It's really a harmony judgment on my part though, a form of Fe call I think.

Whenever I am tired or stressed then I conserve all mental energy I can, that will inevitably show as quietness.

In most ordinary instances where I am not stressed and tired, I may talk more but my own style is to talk when I know I will be heard, since to do otherwise is a simple waste of effort on my part. This can show me as someone easily "talked over" by more boisterous folks and that happens sometimes. It's another example of politeness on my part, and folks who monopolize the proverbial floor irritate me quite a bit

One side effect of this is I have become quite trigger-happy about "zoning out" when others steal the floor, and this is habitual enough that sometimes I ignore information or even hesitate to interject when it's my turn.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    What makes some people talk less than others?

I don't understand this.
    Some people are more awesome than others.

@Giggly

Social or Asocial. Some people are shy, some are not. Some just talk....and talk. Some people rather get to the point. Some just don't have much to say.

I process my thoughts internally a lot. I am the gatekeeper of my thoughts. The process is like Thought > Filter > Talk.

When I am talkative in real life(away from the computer) is when I am seeking answers/giving answers or looking for/giving opinion.

When I am not talkative is the time when I am thinking the most.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Sometimes people have more to say about things, sometimes less.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    As someone who is very non-talkative, it's usually a question of mental energy but context is important.

When the topic at hand is something I don't care about, and therefore have little value to add to the topic, I stay quiet out of politeness. In the wrong kind of situations this can be frequent enough that folks just think I'm timid or a jerk. It's really a harmony judgment on my part though, a form of Fe call I think.

Whenever I am tired or stressed then I conserve all mental energy I can, that will inevitably show as quietness.

In most ordinary instances where I am not stressed and tired, I may talk more but my own style is to talk when I know I will be heard, since to do otherwise is a simple waste of effort on my part. This can show me as someone easily "talked over" by more boisterous folks and that happens sometimes. It's another example of politeness on my part, and folks who monopolize the proverbial floor irritate me quite a bit

One side effect of this is I have become quite trigger-happy about "zoning out" when others steal the floor, and this is habitual enough that sometimes I ignore information or even hesitate to interject when it's my turn.
    Same here. In most groups, I am not interested in the topics of conversation, and suspect others won't be interested in what I would prefer to discuss. Many conversations revolve around personal information that I am not willing to share, so I just don't get involved. Yes, I am guilty of mental "zoning out", but physically leaving is even better.

I would be interested in why some people just can't seem to quit talking.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i've been reading this title what make people talk more about other? and what makes people talk less about others? I think for me it's not having a lot to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Some people don't have anything to say.
    Yup! This!

I may be a bit shy at times, but even when I warm up to people I just never seem to have much to say. People often confuse not talking much with shyness, but the two aren't necessarily related.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

vocal cords.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Some people seem to think before they say things. I've noticed that introverts usually miss the best opportunity to say something since they tend to be quite busy thinking it over. I'm a fairly talkative person and while I do think before I say things when I first meet someone, after a while, I start losing my filter and say whatever comes to mind. I also hate those awkward pauses in conversations so I tend to ramble a lot if my conversation partner's quiet.
    I really like cats and food.

i'm really, really talkative with people that can just
    keep up with my thoughts and add on their thoughts
    without the inconvenience of having to clarify in the
    middle of the flow. the better the flow, the more riled
    up and excited i get and it keeps me going and going.

i'm most talkative with my intp who can be extremely quiet.
    -9 decible quiet. but he talks to me all the time. the super
    added bonus is that i've never met anybody who could
    answer all these innane questions i had, like i have this
    curiosity--and he just indulges me like no other. and he's
    also very fun to talk shit with. so witty so right-to-the-bone.
    boingboing. but he's definitely quiet on the outside.

im usually very quiet in groups. but it's more of there's
    not many people that i want to talk to.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    What makes some people talk less than others?
    I don't understand this.
    - introversion
    - lack of Ne
    - disinterest in socializing
    - cultural influences
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire