User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Being INFJ and EII?

I've been trying to understand Socionics. I just took a test on sociotypes.com and came out EII (INFj). I know very little about Socionics but I do know that the functions are defined differently from MBTI functions, and that INFJs are often Socionics IEI (INFp).

I've read the descriptions of the two types and I identify a little bit more with EII (INFj) than IEI (INFp). I'm just wondering if this is common?

The main problem I have with socionics is perhaps that I just can't identify with any of the descriptions of any of the functions and types. To me, it lacks the personal, spiritual feel of MBTI and I found the descriptions awfully dry. I know this is all my fault, but I'd really like to understand it a bit better, so maybe I'm not approaching this correctly.

Any pointers? Thanks!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

I took the Socionics test just now and got ILI (INTp)

I don't know if it is common, but I do relate with the INTp description a lot more.

Generally, some see that Socionics =/= correspond to MBTI.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Don't go by descriptions, study the IMs and Model A.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Society

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I've read the descriptions of the two types and I identify a little bit more with EII (INFj) than IEI (INFp). I'm just wondering if this is common?
    same thing with me - MBTI ENTP but socionics ILE\ENTp rather than the supposedly corresponding LIE/ENTj.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    same thing with me - MBTI ENTP but socionics ILE\ENTp rather than the supposedly corresponding LIE/ENTj.
    MBTI ENTP isn't LIE/ENTj. Who the hell told you that. Only the introverts are reversed.

Anyway, to add my piece here, I'm definitely SEE-Fi in Socionics, it was either that or ENFj (no) and Gamma quadra. I am definitely not Socionics ISFj (also Gamma quadra, and Socionics Fi/Se). I know a Socionics ISFj and we were actually very compatible... in our way... but I am not like him.

However, on MBTI style tests, I almost always get INFP, and think I generally have too much Ni to be a Jungian ESFP, though I do relate to the ES(F)-Cultural Realist neurotic description.

ISFP seems most likely for me outside of Socionics.

I think that's why I'm a SEE-Fi and not a SEE-Se. That makes a difference, I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've seen a few INFJs around here identify themselves as EIIs, so it certainly isn't an unheard-of self-description. Seeing it does make me wonder, though, whether some sort of mistyping is involved, since Socionics Ni, a function devalued by EIIs, shares so many of its key traits with MBTI Ni. Unlike an INFJ, an EII leads with Feeling. The type of Feeling that an EII leads with has similarities to an INFJ's secondary function (MBTI Fe) but it also has similarities to an INFP's dominant function (MBTI Fi).

Both theories make the mistake of tying independent variables together (e.g. I'm not at all convinced that someone who is FJ-ish is bound to relate more to Fe than to Fi), but this is a much more rampant problem in Socionics than it is in the MBTI. That's probably one reason you're having a more difficult time getting the hang of Socionics.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think I'm an INFJ and socionics INFj. As a rule, my Feeling and iNtuitive functions are high, my Ti is moderate. My Te, Se, and Si are low. Which probably means that I'm completely confused, but that's how I test. I think it means I'm a moderately logical, super-squishy, space cadet. But that's not academic phrasing.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers
    Likes INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I had the same result: EII, closely followed by IEI. What helped for me was looking at the quadras. I realized I was a beta (IEI) and not a delta (EII).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    MBTI ENTP isn't LIE/ENTj. Who the hell told you that. Only the introverts are reversed.
    i am not going to even pretend that i know the slightest thing about socionics - i've heard a few hearsays, had people type me, i've taken the test and examined what descriptions fit me better the suggested few - that's about it. haven't gotten into the depth of the system or their functions.

that's why i wasn't offering a solution or a possible explanation as much as relating to the same question (because yes - i was actually told it's a j/p swap ).

Sniffles

I've yet to find any kind of consensus on the issue. Either INFJ = INFj, or INFJ = INFp; or MBTI and Socionics do not necessarily correlate(or they only do so a third of the time is one statistic I've read).

FWIW, I seem to consistently come up as INFp.