123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Do IEI's like to be chased?

So, do IEI's like to be chased?

If so, how does this manifest? In my experience with them, they'll post songs about you on their facebook wall and give all sorts of "hints" which stimulates my SLE stalker/detective instinct where I start overanalyzing everything they do, lol. I've also had IEI's give me the cold shoulder at school, completely ignore me until I grab them by the arm and make a joke and they blush like crazy and start giggling. However, I don't really know how it works online. There's only so much chase one can do before looking like a desperate punta or a psychopath.

Thoughts? How does their "victim" erotic attitude manifest?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I tend to prod the guy I'm curious about with light banter. Then wait to see if he comes looking for me. I'll do this up to three times. After that, I usually move on, unless he suddenly takes initiative all on his own. If he engages, the banter games can begin

Edit: Online, I tend to use reps, VMs and banter in the same way I do irl really. Ive found most just suddenly single me out for a PM on the forum or on ventrillo with KGB-style questions and interrogation tactics

If we click, I'll be open to and focused on him whenever he engages me from then on, in an attempt to flex to his needs. I'll start making inside jokes to draw his attention or turn his head in public (it makes me feel more bonded with those I care for).

For me, this is both the start for potential for more romantically (if im single) or a great friendship (if Im taken or it is a girl).

Ive also found that with ILIs (which I tend to click with well as well), I need to be more aggressive in seeking them out as they enjoy that, whereas with SLEs I need to be more demure and let them take charge, as they will be turned off by what they seem to consider 'controlling the interaction'. It seems to be important to them to be the one to decide when the interaction begins and ends, so just being present and attentive without actually focusing on them seems to go over better.

Online, I tend to use reps, VMs and banter in the same way I do irl really.
    Last edited by Amargith; 05-21-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

well, I'm an IEI, and I think being chased is kind of flattering. it depends on how I feel about the pursuer, obviously.

I would never act like the IEIs you've mentioned, though. I don't encourage chasing, or at least don't go any farther than being stand-offish or purposefully sending out extremely subtle mixed signals. My answer might be irrelevant, though, I've never been chased by anyone I was seriously interested in. I would definitely be more straightforward otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I've also had IEI's give me the cold shoulder at school, completely ignore me until I grab them by the arm and make a joke and they blush like crazy and start giggling. However, I don't really know how it works online. There's only so much chase one can do before looking like a desperate punta or a psychopath.
    I would blush and laugh too, regardless of my interest in the person. It's just a natural reflex. I've heard similar things said about IEIs in general: "They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them." (socionics.com)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Depends on your gender of preference.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

yes, i like being chased but i'd like to think i'm a little more slick than what you've described. i don't really remember what dating is like though because i've been in a relationship too long lol. i do remember flat out saying to my bf when we were first dating "you can call me if you want to hang out because i'm not going to chase you."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    yes, i like being chased but i'd like to think i'm a little more slick than what you've described. i don't really remember what dating is like though because i've been in a relationship too long lol. i do remember flat out saying to my bf when we were first dating "you can call me if you want to hang out because i'm not going to chase you."
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What I don't understand is WHY they want to be chased.

The catch-me-if-you-can/hot-and-cold game gets really, really old... and I wonder how I have the energy to put up with this.

Hope, perhaps?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

How does one find out if they're an ILE, EPP, SOS, XXX, ETC.?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Why is it SLEs want to chase? (and for that matter get turned of by being chased themselves, ime)

I prefer people engage me - even with friends and acquaintances. That way I know that Im not bothering them (and I dont mind being bothered), and they actually *want* to be near me. I enjoy pleasing people so if being near me pleases them, it works for both of us. I also enjoy the time that the chase takes place to gauge who the person is, see their actions, understand what makes him tick. Make sure we're compatible etc. And for that matter...give them the time to do the same, coz no offense - SLEs tend to not bother thinking about this shit unless they are forced to in order to get what they want. And I kind of want them to know for sure that I'm what they want.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Why is it SLEs want to chase? (and for that matter get turned of by being chased themselves, ime)

I prefer people engage me - even with friends and acquaintances. That way I know that Im not bothering them (and I dont mind being bothered), and they actually *want* to be near me. I enjoy pleasing people so if being near me pleases them, it works for both of us. I also enjoy the time that the chase takes place to gauge who the person is, see their actions, understand what makes him tick. Make sure we're compatible etc. And for that matter...give them the time to do the same, coz no offense - SLEs tend to not bother thinking about this shit unless they are forced to in order to get what they want. And I kind of want them to know for sure that I'm what they want.
    Well I don't know about other SLEs, but for me when someone approaches me I get very suspicious. My Fi PoLR would act up and my head goes "What the hell does he want from me?". To chase others is a way of being sure of your agenda, and when I chase I make sure my agenda gets set out VERY CLEARLY to the other person.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5