• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics: Are gammas always unhappy?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So, do gammas hate happiness? (MBTI: INTJ, ENTJ, ESFP, ISFP)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.ILIs seem to react allergically to outward manifestations of enthousiam,(esp. someone else's), but internally they too seek happiness.

Also there is no correlation between MBTI and socionics types, it seem you should know this by now as you are not a stranger to either system. :tongue10:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I legitimately only get along with Fe folks. I love ESI's intensity but I'm not swishing enough brandy or enough of a threat to their well being for them to be interested in me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No.ILIs seem to react allergically to outward manifestations of enthousiam,(esp. someone else's), but internally they too seek happiness.

Partly agree/disagree. It's true that ILIs tend to be skeptical sorts and I can see them being skeptical of enthusiasm, especially overdone enthusiasm.

SEEs on the other hand often seem to be quite enthusiastic, at least outwardly so. Yet they are not Fe valuing but they do have a strong, but unvalued Fe function.

I'd have to say this gamma = unhappy thing is one of those silly stereotypes that clouds understanding of quadras.

Also there is no correlation between MBTI and socionics types, it seem you should know this by now as you are not a stranger to either system. :tongue10:

I think some socionics types are more probable for certain MBTI types. For example, MBTI INTP is often socionics LII or ILI but I've seen other socionics types as well. It would be very unlikely they would be socionics ESE or SEE for instance.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a Gamma and I think my ex was a Beta, and he sometimes made nasty comments about my seriousness, or the expression on my face. But like [MENTION=10653]Such Irony[/MENTION] just said, SEE's (which I most definitely am) show more enthusiasm than the rest of the Gammas, so much so that they can in some cases be confused with ENFj.

It's just that ENFj does exactly what they're doing for effect, and they know it, and SEE is actually an oblivious self-aggrandizing jack-ass who genuinely gets pissed or happy with whims, and then forgets about it three hours later. Sound like me? Why yes it does.

ESFp "goes toward" people just as much as they "move away" (like the rest of the Gammas mostly "move away.")

I've seen people stereotype Gammas as harsh or materialistic, but never as unhappy. WTF.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an ILI INTP, gamma.

The annoying thing about happiness is that happy people tend to feel like other people should be also feeling happy, and I usually don't feel like adapting my mood to match theirs.

So they get like
tumblr_lcnfqiuFrX1qap2w3o1_250.gif

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Gamma and I think my ex was a Beta, and he sometimes made nasty comments about my seriousness, or the expression on my face. But like [MENTION=10653]Such Irony[/MENTION] just said, SEE's (which I most definitely am) show more enthusiasm than the rest of the Gammas, so much so that they can in some cases be confused with ENFj.

It's just that ENFj does exactly what they're doing for effect, and they know it, and SEE is actually an oblivious self-aggrandizing jack-ass who genuinely gets pissed or happy with whims, and then forgets about it three hours later. Sound like me? Why yes it does.

ESFp "goes toward" people just as much as they "move away" (like the rest of the Gammas mostly "move away.")

I've seen people stereotype Gammas as harsh or materialistic, but never as unhappy. WTF.

in other words
EIE: intentional drama queen
SEE: unintentional drama queen

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
"Technically" in socionics negativist types are more "unhappy", everything else being equal. Each quadra has an equal number of negativist and positivist types.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
in other words
EIE: intentional drama queen
SEE: unintentional drama queen

Sort of.

ENFj is very theatrical, but it's done to inspire camaraderie and done with a finesse of smoothing things over and taking the lead that I just can't carry off. ENFj builds the new social structure from the ground up, often exhausting themselves doing so. Can't see me doing that.

I even acknowledged that interestingly when I went to college I thought ENFj goals were the ideal, and eventually ran screaming away, realizing I had no interest (and not gifts) re-building the social structure, nor did I want any part in it.

I've known a lot of Socionics ENFjs though I think, because they often share my politics. They're just more die-hard. ENFjs (or Betas, I guess) hold on to their politics with a regimented ferocity I could never imagine. They would never ever consider European nationalism as a possibility, had they embraced the dogma of Marxism. The ENFj will die achieving their goal of political utopia, if need be.

I think they make excellent and dedicated school teachers, for that reason, because god knows no sane person would want to work in that system anymore.

ESFp can change their politics, though their ethics are rigid, their vision is not. So they will adjust to ethics, not to maintaining the vision.

Both are very political, charismatic, even manipulative types, prone to annoying displays of emotion.

It's just that the ESFps annoying displays of emotion can be even in their own detriment (which is often the case with me!!) because they're more impetuous and authentic.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not sure why I asked this question. It was kinda stupid.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sort of.

ENFj is very theatrical, but it's done to inspire camaraderie and done with a finesse of smoothing things over and taking the lead that I just can't carry off. ENFj builds the new social structure from the ground up, often exhausting themselves doing so. Can't see me doing that.

I even acknowledged that interestingly when I went to college I thought ENFj goals were the ideal, and eventually ran screaming away, realizing I had no interest (and not gifts) re-building the social structure, nor did I want any part in it.

I've known a lot of Socionics ENFjs though I think, because they often share my politics. They're just more die-hard. ENFjs (or Betas, I guess) hold on to their politics with a regimented ferocity I could never imagine. They would never ever consider European nationalism as a possibility, had they embraced the dogma of Marxism. The ENFj will die achieving their goal of political utopia, if need be.

I think they make excellent and dedicated school teachers, for that reason, because god knows no sane person would want to work in that system anymore.

ESFp can change their politics, though their ethics are rigid, their vision is not. So they will adjust to ethics, not to maintaining the vision.

Both are very political, charismatic, even manipulative types, prone to annoying displays of emotion.

It's just that the ESFps annoying displays of emotion can be even in their own detriment (which is often the case with me!!) because they're more impetuous and authentic.

Interesting explanation of the differences.

At first I wasn't sure if you were my conflicter but the bolded part thinks maybe your are. I have a hard time dealing with annoying, impetuous displays of emotion in others even if it is more authentic. I seek more emotional calmness and predictability in my relations with others.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

At first I wasn't sure if you were my conflicter but the bolded part thinks maybe your are. I have a hard time dealing with annoying, impetuous displays of emotion in others even if it is more authentic. I seek more emotional calmness and predictability in my relations with others.

See I need to look into all the relations, but I do know with my ESFj friend for example, she and I related very much about our outward expressions of emotion, she was always saying that her boyfriend would say nasty things to her quietly, or do bad things behind closed doors (and she wasn't exaggerating, I found out at one point what he was doing was pretty much unacceptable) so she would emote on him, loudly, in front of other people. This for a time made her seem like the "bad guy" ...until it became glaringly apparent that she was exposing him for what he was doing, and it was funny because it reminded me of me, exposing people for their passive-aggressive or so-called "rational" cruelty ...it's not like something is worse just because it's public; in fact she and I agreed that the underhandedness of being quietly cruel or doing it with a rational front is the sickest thing of all.

That's our perception.

HOWEVER, where we differed, is that I noticed she would kind of plan and orchestrate scenes and try to get me to play along. She also got annoyed if someone got emotional or acted out on the "wrong occasion" (such as a holiday or party) ...and over all I found over time that a lot of her emotional displays were a lot more connived for effect, and she even admitted as much lol.

So I don't know if ESFj and ESFp are relations of illusion for that reason, for relating on the surface but then me basically becoming disgusted with her for being so conniving about it, or making scenes on purpose for effect ...and she becoming very annoyed when I wouldn't "play along" or if I had authentic feelings at what she deemed an inconvenient moment.

I've considered the possibility that in Socionics she may have even been an ENFj for this reason, but overall I think the Fe dom in Socionics has this kind of impressive theatrics, on purpose, and ESFj seems to fit her better.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

In fact have you considered Delta quadra for this reason? Aren't they the most mellow and understated of the Quadras?

However, I guess the planful nature of Fe in Alpha and Beta quadras would make emotional "merriment" more predictable. For example, even with my theatrical friend, you still probably would be shielded from theatrics on special group occasions like birthdays or planned outings.

Just woe to you if you lived with her every day. She made me look absolutely behind the scenes in comparison. There were times when I just wanted away from her sense of theater. I honestly found it rude after a while. It was like she couldn't live without some kind of plotting drama.

I think she was a Beta though, really reading into Socionics. She was a very hands on, practical person though. She was constantly cleaning and organizing, she found it soothing, for all intents and purposes she seemed very ESFj. But the theatrics for specific effect I think is a Beta trait.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In fact have you considered Delta quadra for this reason? Aren't they the most mellow and understated of the Quadras?

However, I guess the planful nature of Fe in Alpha and Beta quadras would make emotional "merriment" more predictable. For example, even with my theatrical friend, you still probably would be shielded from theatrics on special group occasions like birthdays or planned outings.

Just woe to you if you lived with her every day. She made me look absolutely behind the scenes in comparison. There were times when I just wanted away from her sense of theater. I honestly found it rude after a while. It was like she couldn't live without some kind of plotting drama.

I think she was a Beta though, really reading into Socionics. She was a very hands on, practical person though. She was constantly cleaning and organizing, she found it soothing, for all intents and purposes she seemed very ESFj. But the theatrics for specific effect I think is a Beta trait.

I've considered delta as well. But reading the descriptions LII (alpha type) seems to fit better than EII (a delta type).

If I typed myself correctly as LII, EIE is supposedly my semi-dual. From my understanding of relationships, the semi dual isn't too bad, they meet some of your needs but not the way a true dual can. EIE's theatrics can be too much and too pretentious for me. ESE can be quite emotional outward but they are less inclined towards trying to purposefully be theatric for effect. Thus my relationships with them are somewhat more natural and comfortable compared to EIE.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...interesting comparison of SEE vs EIE, thanks.

For some reason I really like both these two types.

The EIE version of emotionality sounds a bit better to me going by what's mentioned here, because it seems like something just enjoyable instead of something that has to be taken seriously and then suddenly not supposed to be taken seriously anymore, I mean the SEE sounds so whimsical. Not that this is a terribly big problem, I can be whimsical myself but I can imagine it being a real pain in the ass :) It's pretty good though if the whatever crap is truly forgotten later by SEE, which is exactly what I'm like :) It'd also annoy me when EIE would want to curb my own emotionality based on whatever stupid group standards as mentioned here.

No type is perfect, after all. :p

L

LadyLazarus

In my case; yes. One way or another I'll find something to whine about. It's a gift.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, but I've heard:

Jay-Z: ENTj
Will Smith: ESFp

I have no comment on Jay Z...