User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Socionics: Are gammas always unhappy?

So, do gammas hate happiness? (MBTI: INTJ, ENTJ, ESFP, ISFP)

No.ILIs seem to react allergically to outward manifestations of enthousiam,(esp. someone else's), but internally they too seek happiness.

Also there is no correlation between MBTI and socionics types, it seem you should know this by now as you are not a stranger to either system.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I legitimately only get along with Fe folks. I love ESI's intensity but I'm not swishing enough brandy or enough of a threat to their well being for them to be interested in me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    No.ILIs seem to react allergically to outward manifestations of enthousiam,(esp. someone else's), but internally they too seek happiness.
    Partly agree/disagree. It's true that ILIs tend to be skeptical sorts and I can see them being skeptical of enthusiasm, especially overdone enthusiasm.

SEEs on the other hand often seem to be quite enthusiastic, at least outwardly so. Yet they are not Fe valuing but they do have a strong, but unvalued Fe function.

I'd have to say this gamma = unhappy thing is one of those silly stereotypes that clouds understanding of quadras.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Also there is no correlation between MBTI and socionics types, it seem you should know this by now as you are not a stranger to either system.
    I think some socionics types are more probable for certain MBTI types. For example, MBTI INTP is often socionics LII or ILI but I've seen other socionics types as well. It would be very unlikely they would be socionics ESE or SEE for instance.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a Gamma and I think my ex was a Beta, and he sometimes made nasty comments about my seriousness, or the expression on my face. But like @Such Irony just said, SEE's (which I most definitely am) show more enthusiasm than the rest of the Gammas, so much so that they can in some cases be confused with ENFj.

It's just that ENFj does exactly what they're doing for effect, and they know it, and SEE is actually an oblivious self-aggrandizing jack-ass who genuinely gets pissed or happy with whims, and then forgets about it three hours later. Sound like me? Why yes it does.

ESFp "goes toward" people just as much as they "move away" (like the rest of the Gammas mostly "move away.")

I've seen people stereotype Gammas as harsh or materialistic, but never as unhappy. WTF.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm an ILI INTP, gamma.

The annoying thing about happiness is that happy people tend to feel like other people should be also feeling happy, and I usually don't feel like adapting my mood to match theirs.

So they get like
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm a Gamma and I think my ex was a Beta, and he sometimes made nasty comments about my seriousness, or the expression on my face. But like @Such Irony just said, SEE's (which I most definitely am) show more enthusiasm than the rest of the Gammas, so much so that they can in some cases be confused with ENFj.

It's just that ENFj does exactly what they're doing for effect, and they know it, and SEE is actually an oblivious self-aggrandizing jack-ass who genuinely gets pissed or happy with whims, and then forgets about it three hours later. Sound like me? Why yes it does.

ESFp "goes toward" people just as much as they "move away" (like the rest of the Gammas mostly "move away.")

I've seen people stereotype Gammas as harsh or materialistic, but never as unhappy. WTF.
    in other words
    EIE: intentional drama queen
    SEE: unintentional drama queen
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

"Technically" in socionics negativist types are more "unhappy", everything else being equal. Each quadra has an equal number of negativist and positivist types.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in other words
    EIE: intentional drama queen
    SEE: unintentional drama queen
    Sort of.

ENFj is very theatrical, but it's done to inspire camaraderie and done with a finesse of smoothing things over and taking the lead that I just can't carry off. ENFj builds the new social structure from the ground up, often exhausting themselves doing so. Can't see me doing that.

I even acknowledged that interestingly when I went to college I thought ENFj goals were the ideal, and eventually ran screaming away, realizing I had no interest (and not gifts) re-building the social structure, nor did I want any part in it.

I've known a lot of Socionics ENFjs though I think, because they often share my politics. They're just more die-hard. ENFjs (or Betas, I guess) hold on to their politics with a regimented ferocity I could never imagine. They would never ever consider European nationalism as a possibility, had they embraced the dogma of Marxism. The ENFj will die achieving their goal of political utopia, if need be.

I think they make excellent and dedicated school teachers, for that reason, because god knows no sane person would want to work in that system anymore.

ESFp can change their politics, though their ethics are rigid, their vision is not. So they will adjust to ethics, not to maintaining the vision.

Both are very political, charismatic, even manipulative types, prone to annoying displays of emotion.

It's just that the ESFps annoying displays of emotion can be even in their own detriment (which is often the case with me!!) because they're more impetuous and authentic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm not sure why I asked this question. It was kinda stupid.