User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Living life in the public eye

I didn't know where else to put this thread so I put it here.

Occasionally, I have tried to imagine what it must be like to live life in the public eye. Maybe as a celebrity, but moreso, as a politician. The kind where you are always speaking to people, individually and in groups (sometimes very large) and pretty much everything you do or say is broadcasted everywhere. How comfortable these people must feel to be so... public. I bet they never feel shy or insecure or non-confident. I bet they never worry. Take for instance, President Obama. Every word he says is pretty much published somewhere and scrutinized, and he knows it. Speaking in public and to the world is as comfortable to him as breathing. This blows my mind. I guess the same is true for some performers too.

But, uhh, yeah, I guess there is no purpose to this thread except to get this off my chest, so if anyone wants to comment or add their thoughts, feel free.

(PS - would this be considered me having Ni or Ne thoughts?)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Or perhaps those people aren't more comfortable, but have simply learned to live with suffocating insecurity.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

WALMART

Yeah, it must really suck. I like Dave's perspective on the subject, though I'm not sure how relevant it is.

(Don't mind the Illuminati BS, that's the uploader's perspective of something very tangibly understandable)

As far as Ne or Ni... Hm. I've always chalked Ni up to a detached, multi-perspective type ordeal, while Ne is more flowy and natural. Probably Ni + Fe.

Giggly, cut the smoke and mirrors and just tell us which famous person you are.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    But, uhh, yeah, I guess there is no purpose to this thread except to get this off my chest, so if anyone wants to comment or add their thoughts, feel free.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Who do people say it must suck or is uncomfortable? I think it's the opposite for them!

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    As far as Ne or Ni... Hm. I've always chalked Ni up to a detached, multi-perspective type ordeal, while Ne is more flowy and natural. Probably Ni + Fe.
    So you think this thread is Ni+Fe?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I suppose some people must crave the attention.

I mean, there are plenty of people out there whose big dream is to be famous. In some cases, they must only really crave the wealth that goes with it, but I suspect there are those who actually want that. The fact that people scrutinize their words is probably something that is counteracted by the high status they have. They probably learn to not take every criticism at face value, or already do that naturally.

I'd say the topic involves intuition. You're essentially asking yourself, "How would I feel if I were exposed to the limelight like that? How would I react to that criticism?"

Ne can be multi-perspective too. But then, I'm very unclear about Ni, which is the second most bewildering function for me (the champion is Fi).
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I didn't know where else to put this thread so I put it here.

Occasionally, I have tried to imagine what it must be like to live life in the public eye. Maybe as a celebrity, but moreso, as a politician. The kind where you are always speaking to people, individually and in groups (sometimes very large) and pretty much everything you do or say is broadcasted everywhere. How comfortable these people must feel to be so... public. I bet they never feel shy or insecure or non-confident. I bet they never worry. Take for instance, President Obama. Every word he says is pretty much published somewhere and scrutinized, and he knows it. Speaking in public and to the world is as comfortable to him as breathing. This blows my mind. I guess the same is true for some performers too.

(PS - would this be considered me having Ni or Ne thoughts?)

I imagine these people have plenty of concerns &/or baggage, like any of us.. and probably take more measures to protect what little privacy they have than we'll ever know. Makes sense to put on a brave face when the whole world's watching you, though. I'd assume it's armor, to some degree.

Perhaps some of these people just have to avoid giving scrutiny too much thought, lest they drive themselves mad. So it's not necessarily comfort with the spotlight, but the ability to withstand the heat (because whatever they're doing is worth it).

I'm only making guesses, though. I'm sure there are people who do live the charmed life, and enjoy every minute of media time spent on them.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

The Delusion

Everyone posting on Central is in the public eye. Everything we write is public and can be read by anyone on the planet.

What is amazing is that we still think we are private. We imagine we are private on Central. This is just another delusion.

But why do we have this delusion, this group delusion?

MBTI
    ESTP

I guess because it's not a mainstream social network, so there's enough absence of suggestions for likes or games to have a real conversation, and having to deal with less idiots who make you want to say you worry about who you want to add to your page, I'll worry about who I want to add to mine, things like that make it feel more like a group.