• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is most likely to be a collector of Dr. Who memorabilia

What type is most likely to have a Dr. Who Collection

• INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

• ISTP

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• INFP

• ENFJ

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What MBTI type is most likely to be a collector of Dr. Who stuff?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
IMO, NTPs predominate in the fandom of the original series, but NFPs abound in the fandom of the reboot.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And let's not forget that collecting is a largely SJ activity.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure which types would actually collect the memorabilia the most. As far as what type Doctor Who fans are, I agree with Ivy. And I think the memorabilia has become more kitschy as well. I can remember when I was younger it seemed like NT guys (my only exposure to any of this when I was young was Doctor Who enthusiasm of a couple friends' fathers) took this stuff very seriously: it was a mortal sin to touch the VHS (or Beta) collection or anything in the realm of 'collector's item'. It was all "going to be worth a lot of money some day." (At least that was the story, I kinda think there was some extra issue of identity or something wrapped up in the protective attitude they had towards it, it was almost clearly about *more* than money.) But these days it seems like the memorabilia is more stuff that actually gets used- like keychains or such. So there's a whole different character to collecting it too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INFJs that fall for The Doctor, fall for him hard. My INFJ ex was a collector.

S

Society

NTPs getting old into the Si era of their lives? i don't know, i suppose car keys shaped like a sonic screw driver would be cool, if i had intentions of buying a car... my probably-ENFJ son has declared a box we've painted blue to be the TARDIS, so there's that...

i like doctor who but i've never being much to fiction-related memorabilia tbh.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTPs getting old into the Si era of their lives? i don't know, i suppose car keys shaped like a sonic screw driver would be cool, if i had intentions of buying a car... my probably-ENFJ son has declared a box we've painted blue to be the TARDIS, so there's that...

i like doctor who but i've never being much to fiction-related memorabilia tbh.

The first thing that came into my mind is ENTP. The person I was wondering about has probably done this from his late 20s. I have watched it in the past and liked it but it's really a bit of a silly/stupid show. I would have a hard time seeing an INTJ being a hardcore fan vs. something like StarTrek which is actually good quality.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first thing that came into my mind is ENTP. The person I was wondering about has probably done this from his late 20s. I have watched it in the past and liked it but it's really a bit of a silly/stupid show. I would have a hard time seeing an INTJ being a hardcore fan vs. something like StarTrek which is actually good quality.

The attraction of the INFJ is to the ENTP/ENFP character of the latest doctors, and the friendly/almost-romantic relationship with their companions. I've seen it in multiple INFJ ladies.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Oh, but you miss the whole charm of the old series--that it was cheesy and had laughable special effects. The fact that it was silly/stupid was part of its appeal.

I don't know about collecting--I belonged to a Doctor Who fan club for several years back in the late 80s and early 90s--and I can't think of anyone who was a hardcore collector. All of us had some stuff, but no one I can think of off the top of my head was hardcore about collecting. I met my ENTP ex through the fan club. He didn't collect stuff at all--just had a t-shirt or two. It was a varied group of people that ranged from fairly normal to way out there. I would have to think back to see if anyone strikes me as having been an INTJ, but off the top of my head, I would have to say probably not.

The attraction of the INFJ is to the ENTP/ENFP character of the latest doctors, and the friendly/almost-romantic relationship with their companions. I've seen it in multiple INFJ ladies.

Not so much for this INFJ. I started watching with Tom Baker's Doctor, who really wasn't a very romantic character. I liked the stories and the cheese factor. And the old series didn't play up the romantic aspect of the relationship between the doctor and his companions like the new series does. In fact, it took me a long time to not cringe at the whole romantic thing that has been going on since the reboot.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This makes compete sense actually.

So why aren't people voting?

LeoManiacus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love Doctor Who, but mostly for the ideas it spawns in my mind. I'm not a big collector of anything except for knowledge that I deem useful. All movies or shows I watch mostly for the concepts, I forget almost all of it later except for the parts that really made me think. I have a good memory, never used to have to study for tests in school and still aced them. I think I see my mind as a hard drive and just throw out the useless bits or defrag them further back. I can never understand when some of my friends can recite movies we'd seen together several months before word for word, yet they struggled through school, until I started thinking of our minds as hard drives. They had all that useless crap cluttering up their heads.