• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HARK. Socionics SLE's!

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By talking about it :)
Start a thread, general at first, at beginners level. Preferably with like a quiz, so people can compare and contrast. Then have some socionics gurus answer questions in that thread. There are some on this forum that have studied this system already in detail and they can be quite valuable taht way :)

Yes, me, FacelessBeauty and Flatlander (I don't know who else) are very familiar. I tend to default typing people in enneagram and socionics nowadays because I find that sociotype correlates better to Jungian type than MBTI does.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah I know all the socionics. So lets just call me king and be done with it.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By talking about it :)
Start a thread, general at first, at beginners level. Preferably with like a quiz, so people can compare and contrast. Then have some socionics gurus answer questions in that thread. There are some on this forum that have studied this system already in detail and they can be quite valuable taht way :)
There have been a few threads devoted to socionics discussion here, but without a centralized socionics subforum they get scattered and lost among the heavier and faster flowing MBTI and enneagram traffic. It's kind of hard to develop and sustain interest the way things are currently.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There have been a few threads devoted to socionics discussion here, but without a centralized socionics subforum they get scattered and lost among the heavier and faster flowing MBTI and enneagram traffic. It's kind of hard to develop and sustain interest the way things are currently.

Its how enneagram got started on this forum as well. If enough threads are created and if they catch enough interest, it will automatically result in being assimilated into the forum culture, and the forums will follow, as they did for enneagram :)

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, but the activity in there is terrible and you got a few people posting the same things over and over and one person who literarily thinks he kind of owns the forum so... Well, I can only hope TypoC would be better.
who is the person who thinks he own the forum? promethea?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lmao I just had to peek in and I see promethea's name hahaha is this a fuckin joke?

Now, I don't know the full context of the whole situation but I'm pretty sure Promethea doesn't own this forum nor does she have a say here. Leave her at PerC!

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
who is the person who thinks he own the forum? promethea?

LOL, I'll PM you if you must know. I may trash PersC a lot here but I still think it's rude leaving members out like that if you know what I mean?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL, I'll PM you if you must know. I may trash PersC a lot here but I still think it's rude leaving members out like that if you know what I mean?
sorry sometimes I'm not very ethically perceptive, I know what you mean I responded to your pm

I'd be interested in a socionics forum as long as it doesn't turn into 16types lite or PerC Jr.

16types does have some good info as far as the articles are concerned though, but the forums are terrible, people either sucking each other's dicks or biting each other's faces off, WTF.

Someone once told me that SLEs were supposed to be my dual but they were wrong.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
I'd be interested in a socionics forum as long as it doesn't turn into 16types lite or PerC Jr.

16types does have some good info as far as the articles are concerned though, but the forums are terrible, people either sucking each other's dicks or biting each other's faces off, WTF.

Agreed. As for me, I'm not really big on duality in general. ESIs are supposed to be my duals but, I'm not sure if that would work out well at all.

Agreed. As for me, I'm not really big on duality in general. ESIs are supposed to be my duals but, I'm not sure if that would work out well at all.

I think the initial unfamiliarity of one's dual makes things challenging at first, but I've seen it work. I won't write it off just yet. For me, it was illuminating to discover how well I could relate to some individuals despite the fact that I share almost no interests and hobbies or even personality traits with them, but that only happened after we'd bridged the "I have nothing to say to this person" gap.

I do believe that socionics focuses on duality to the exclusion of the other relationship descriptions, which is a great pity. Seems like it would be more useful to figure out how to get along with people you have communication problems with than to keep describing relationships where those tensions don't exist.

(Also, hey dual. Or potentially semi-dual.)

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
I think the initial unfamiliarity of one's dual makes things challenging at first, but I've seen it work. I won't write it off just yet. For me, it was illuminating to discover how well I could relate to some individuals despite the fact that I share almost no interests and hobbies or even personality traits with them, but that only happened after we'd bridged the "I have nothing to say to this person" gap.

I do believe that socionics focuses on duality to the exclusion of the other relationship descriptions, which is a great pity. Seems like it would be more useful to figure out how to get along with people you have communication problems with than to keep describing relationships where those tensions don't exist.

(Also, hey dual. Or potentially semi-dual.)

I suppose. The way duality is described doesn't sound like a relationship that would produce a lot of growth, but makes you seem like something that's half and needs to be made whole with another half. But yes, talking to people who you have communication issues with sounds like something that would give you something to work on in a relationship rather than a seemingly "perfect" relationship, haha.

(Hello potential dual/semi-dual. :hi:)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Yes. There's a lot that goes into duality.

From my dating experience, I love IEI's to death, so long as they're not Enneagram 1, 3, 7, or 9. Anything else I'm open to. I love 2 4 5 and 8. Haven't dated a 6 yet.

One of my close friends is an IEI or EIE, not sure. He dated an SLE 3 or 6 woman, and couldn't deal with the fact that she hates looking stupid in front of others. She would flip out and get irrational and he couldn't hand it.

But from personal experience, I need the Fe Ni of my dual. Very much. I'll make a blog on it.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't say I've had much of what I believe is dual or even semi-dual experience. Despite being sx 5 romantically it's like I have lived under a rock these 25 years. With that said, I have started to note that I am specifically drawn to certain individuals with certain enneagram and JCF combinations. I know one LIE 8w7 on PersC I am quite interested in from a distance, and I used to be very close to an LIE who is potentially a 1 core. I think I know one LSE IRL but he's a 3 and I think we're too different enneagram-wise. We share nothing in common motivationally and I find that difficult.

The combinations that tend to tickle me fancy are either 4 + 8 or 4 + 5 or 5 + 8. 4s really turn me on for some reason, I am not sure why. But essentially almost all the men I like in fiction tend to be 4s or 4-fixed and Fi dominant, usually with 8 for gut. I think it's because my animus could be a 4 core IxFP type which doesn't make a lot of sense because Jung would posit my animus would be Te dominant I guess but I do identify more with my thinking than my feeling being a 5, so I guess it makes some weird sense anyway. So even if it's the same type I probably emphasize my shadow a lot? No clue. But 4s create this strong protector need in me. Really hard to explain why or how it works.

Also, I seem to be very sensitive to other sx/sp types, especially if they are some combination of either Te dominance or ENxP. I find it very attractive but I have never bothered trying to get past the whole "I admire you from afar" point with most of them.