First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I'd be interested in a socionics forum as long as it doesn't turn into 16types lite or PerC Jr.

16types does have some good info as far as the articles are concerned though, but the forums are terrible, people either sucking each other's dicks or biting each other's faces off, WTF.

Someone once told me that SLEs were supposed to be my dual but they were wrong.
    Agreed. As for me, I'm not really big on duality in general. ESIs are supposed to be my duals but, I'm not sure if that would work out well at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Beauty View Post
    Agreed. As for me, I'm not really big on duality in general. ESIs are supposed to be my duals but, I'm not sure if that would work out well at all.
    I think the initial unfamiliarity of one's dual makes things challenging at first, but I've seen it work. I won't write it off just yet. For me, it was illuminating to discover how well I could relate to some individuals despite the fact that I share almost no interests and hobbies or even personality traits with them, but that only happened after we'd bridged the "I have nothing to say to this person" gap.

I do believe that socionics focuses on duality to the exclusion of the other relationship descriptions, which is a great pity. Seems like it would be more useful to figure out how to get along with people you have communication problems with than to keep describing relationships where those tensions don't exist.

(Also, hey dual. Or potentially semi-dual.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

I think the initial unfamiliarity of one's dual makes things challenging at first, but I've seen it work. I won't write it off just yet. For me, it was illuminating to discover how well I could relate to some individuals despite the fact that I share almost no interests and hobbies or even personality traits with them, but that only happened after we'd bridged the "I have nothing to say to this person" gap.

I do believe that socionics focuses on duality to the exclusion of the other relationship descriptions, which is a great pity. Seems like it would be more useful to figure out how to get along with people you have communication problems with than to keep describing relationships where those tensions don't exist.

(Also, hey dual. Or potentially semi-dual.)
    I suppose. The way duality is described doesn't sound like a relationship that would produce a lot of growth, but makes you seem like something that's half and needs to be made whole with another half. But yes, talking to people who you have communication issues with sounds like something that would give you something to work on in a relationship rather than a seemingly "perfect" relationship, haha.

(Hello potential dual/semi-dual. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'd be interested in a socionics forum as long as it doesn't turn into 16types lite or PerC Jr.

16types does have some good info as far as the articles are concerned though, but the forums are terrible, people either sucking each other's dicks or biting each other's faces off, WTF.

Someone once told me that SLEs were supposed to be my dual but they were wrong.
    Yes. There's a lot that goes into duality.

From my dating experience, I love IEI's to death, so long as they're not Enneagram 1, 3, 7, or 9. Anything else I'm open to. I love 2 4 5 and 8. Haven't dated a 6 yet.

One of my close friends is an IEI or EIE, not sure. He dated an SLE 3 or 6 woman, and couldn't deal with the fact that she hates looking stupid in front of others. She would flip out and get irrational and he couldn't hand it.

But from personal experience, I need the Fe Ni of my dual. Very much. I'll make a blog on it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Can't say I've had much of what I believe is dual or even semi-dual experience. Despite being sx 5 romantically it's like I have lived under a rock these 25 years. With that said, I have started to note that I am specifically drawn to certain individuals with certain enneagram and JCF combinations. I know one LIE 8w7 on PersC I am quite interested in from a distance, and I used to be very close to an LIE who is potentially a 1 core. I think I know one LSE IRL but he's a 3 and I think we're too different enneagram-wise. We share nothing in common motivationally and I find that difficult.

The combinations that tend to tickle me fancy are either 4 + 8 or 4 + 5 or 5 + 8. 4s really turn me on for some reason, I am not sure why. But essentially almost all the men I like in fiction tend to be 4s or 4-fixed and Fi dominant, usually with 8 for gut. I think it's because my animus could be a 4 core IxFP type which doesn't make a lot of sense because Jung would posit my animus would be Te dominant I guess but I do identify more with my thinking than my feeling being a 5, so I guess it makes some weird sense anyway. So even if it's the same type I probably emphasize my shadow a lot? No clue. But 4s create this strong protector need in me. Really hard to explain why or how it works.

Also, I seem to be very sensitive to other sx/sp types, especially if they are some combination of either Te dominance or ENxP. I find it very attractive but I have never bothered trying to get past the whole "I admire you from afar" point with most of them.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!