User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 285

  1. #131
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Much like people who go on and on about tolerance I find people who go on and on about logic to be the least logical. They tend to throw the term around and use it for things they dislike rather than actually making a logical argument.
    I've tried logic with him but he doesn't want to reason.

    There is not evidence that mixed race people are diseased or sterile and I'm a living example that it isn't so. If he had evidence it would be a different story but why would be tolerate things that are ver obviously false and intentionally degrading to other people.

    I wouldn't tolerate someone claiming that Christians eat there young because it is obviously false and only meant as an attack.

    I agree that many people claiming tolerance are intolerant but I don't think that means we accept people who claim that the earth is flat or that people get freckles by commuting sins. At certain point we can say look "what your saying isn't based in anything but xenophobia"

  2. #132
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I've tried logic with him but he doesn't want to reason.

    There is not evidence that mixed race people are diseased or sterile and I'm a living example that it isn't so. If he had evidence it would be a different story but why would be tolerate things that are ver obviously false and intentionally degrading to other people.

    I wouldn't tolerate someone claiming that Christians eat there young because it is obviously false and only meant as an attack.
    That statement wasn't an extension of my defense of Valiant, but merely an attack against Randomnity for her penchant for throwing around the term logical without actually making a logical argument.

    I agree that many people claiming tolerance are intolerant but I don't think that means we accept people who claim that the earth is flat or that people get freckles by commuting sins. At certain point we can say look "what your saying isn't based in anything but xenophobia"
    What do you mean by not accepting people?

    As Coriolas noted I do have limits to my own tolerance, indeed I've even stated I think local communities should have the right to ban the Westboro people. I'm just a little disturbed by the vague references to the rejection of people and not just their ideas in this forum. It seems to me that in this context if someone isn't capable of being reasoned with they should just be ignored. If they're trolling that's a different issue.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  3. #133
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I've tried logic with him but he doesn't want to reason.

    There is not evidence that mixed race people are diseased or sterile and I'm a living example that it isn't so. If he had evidence it would be a different story but why would be tolerate things that are ver obviously false and intentionally degrading to other people.

    I wouldn't tolerate someone claiming that Christians eat there young because it is obviously false and only meant as an attack.

    I agree that many people claiming tolerance are intolerant but I don't think that means we accept people who claim that the earth is flat or that people get freckles by commuting sins. At certain point we can say look "what your saying isn't based in anything but xenophobia"
    Can you provide me with a logical reason not to be an "evil racist heretic"?
    Can you give me proof that we are all the same, just different cosmetics?
    So far you have not shared even the smallest fragment of proof, just your emotionally critical ramblings.
    I, on the other hand, have referenced to you material which explains my views both by telling what you can read to understand as well as easily digested video material.
    Like the video of Dr. Francizek Piper admitting to specific changes made to air raid shelters etc in order to make air raid shelters into gas chambers. After the war by the red army.
    Now, that's one of the people that you guys base your world-view upon. The original source.
    Yet you have him on film, admitting to this. Something he would only do to a jewish person.
    Now tell me, what does that tell you?

    You claim to be all logical, but you are just caught in this paradigm and unable to get your mind through the veil of emotion that kills your rationale in this case.
    Or perhaps you have something to lose by admitting you're wrong.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  4. #134
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    That statement wasn't an extension of my defense of Valiant, but merely an attack against Randomnity for her penchant for throwing around the term logical without actually making a logical argument.



    What do you mean by not accepting people?

    As Coriolas noted I do have limits to my own tolerance, indeed I've even stated I think local communities should have the right to ban the Westboro people. I'm just a little disturbed by the vague references to the rejection of people and not just their ideas in this forum. It seems to me that in this context if someone isn't capable of being reasoned with they should just be ignored. If they're trolling that's a different issue.
    I guess in terms of the forum at what point does unsupported attacks on groups become hate speech and how long do we tolerate it before some kind of action taken.

    I agree that we should just ignore it if it can't be reasoned with but in terms of "acceptance" what I meant was that I don't feel the need to treat those views with any measure of respect (person begrudgingly yes). That is to say, "no, one is entitled to that opinion" and that it is a "wrong thought" rather than a differing opinion.

    As an example I accept Hinduism even though I think it is inaccurate. I can't disprove it. I don't accept the belief that women have less teeth than men. I can disprove that.

  5. #135

    Default

    Hmm, I dont think that ethnicity is important to me, I'm opposed to racism and most of the times I've been made aware of the race/ethnic dimension of my identity its because someone was prepared to discriminate or hate on me because of what they felt about it, not because of what I felt about it.

    I dont think that gender is particularly important, I'm not self conscious of it I mean, I'm a man and there's a lot of good things about being a man and I like a lot of the comic manliness publishing or films.

  6. #136
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Like the video of Dr. Francizek Piper admitting to specific changes made to air raid shelters etc in order to re-make air raid shelters into gas chambers. After the war by the red army.
    There.

  7. #137
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There.
    Allied aerial surveillance photos proves that there never were any holes in the ceiling during the time specified, though.
    Or ever, for that matter. The holes were put in afterwards.
    It's all in the video.

    Good try.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  8. #138
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Allied aerial surveillance photos proves that there never were any holes in the ceiling during the time specified, though.
    Or ever, for that matter. The holes were put in afterwards.
    It's all in the video.

    Good try.
    What about the other gas chambers? Also invented?

  9. #139
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What about the other gas chambers? Also invented?
    Yes. Like the one called Crematorium 3. It used to be just that, a crematorium and a morgue.
    I never said people didn't die. Over 60 000 people died in Auschwitz-Birkenau during the time the camp was active.
    That is indeed horrible, but the thought was never to keep them there for that long, and logistics were made impossible due to allied bombings...
    Lack of food and medicine led to sickness and death of many.
    Then we have people trying to escape, riots and other things, all of which was handles less than delicately. Even inhumane. That I definitely admit.
    It could have been done better, that's for sure. But focus wasn't on the prison camps, they were fighting a war on all fronts, and it simply wasn't all that important.
    But naturally, jews need attention. "Wants to be the bride at every party", as someone put it once.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  10. #140
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Can you provide me with a logical reason not to be an "evil racist heretic"?
    Can you give me proof that we are all the same, just different cosmetics?
    So far you have not shared even the smallest fragment of proof, just your emotionally critical ramblings.
    I, on the other hand, have referenced to you material which explains my views both by telling what you can read to understand as well as easily digested video material.
    Like the video of Dr. Francizek Piper admitting to specific changes made to air raid shelters etc in order to make air raid shelters into gas chambers. After the war by the red army.
    Now, that's one of the people that you guys base your world-view upon. The original source.
    Yet you have him on film, admitting to this. Something he would only do to a jewish person.
    Now tell me, what does that tell you?

    You claim to be all logical, but you are just caught in this paradigm and unable to get your mind through the veil of emotion that kills your rationale in this case.
    Or perhaps you have something to lose by admitting you're wrong.

    I offered you evidence of myself and other mixed race people who are not diseased or sterile. There are numerous mixed race people capable of reproducing.

    I have also offered you examples of numerous inventions by non-whites, and several black men who are extremely accomplished and non-violent. These men are intelligent and not bent on the destruction of white society.


    I've mentioned how there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.

    Also, I questioned you on how you would define subspecies of humans which you didn't answer.

Similar Threads

  1. Race, Culture and MBTI
    By animenagai in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
  2. Violence and Identity
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
  3. believe and identity
    By The Machine Stops in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
  4. [E9] Type 9 and Identity
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 10:49 AM
  5. [NT] Intelligence, growth, and identity
    By Argus in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO