• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Have An Amazing Memory

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah...this is actually some sort of psych concept, that when you "let something go" it will come to you; it has something to do with how the brain works. If you keep obsessing on it, your brain actually cannot retrieve the information.

I'd 100% believe that, because I know I never can remember something once I hit the obsessing point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I remember physical things or experiences or factoids because that's what matters to me?

That's just my assumption based on the idea that people prioritize certain things, or certain things register.

I've never really discussed it, so I don't know what people's experiences are.

For example, I recall nights when I would go out and see some amazing thing in the sky or watched the stars. The funny thing is that I cannot remember the specifics visually in my head of exactly what the stars looked like. it is like my brain is incapable of viewing the specific details of those stars and visualizing them in my head, even if I remember a distinct feature. It's like I remember the IDEA of the distinct feature, but it remains unspecific in my head.

Like I can remember a person has a wart on a particular part of their nose, but I can't visualize exactly what it looked liked. it's just been filed under "wart" and its location on the nose.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wonder if it's less that it's important to me, so much as it was rich enough in detail that it stuck with me. I've noticed that even silly things that I don't care much about I can recall in detail because they had some kind of strong sensory detail, be it sound, taste, touch, or visual attachment. Maybe that's why I can never remember my damn doctor's appointments until my calendar tells me. And maybe that's why I can remember the ones with my OB because he's so f'in hot... :blush:

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
my sister tests as ISFP and is just like the sensory memory you described. From WAY early on.

But her rote memory is not impressive, she is not a walking dictionary at all. l've always been more like that, l'm not sure that it's good memory on my part, my long term sensory memory is toast. lt may be that l'm simply interested in those things, which is not restricted to any type, though l see it described in both Si and Ne, with Ne (and IME) it's inconsistent.

Si manifesting in a very smart person might be able to tell you everything they read in one chapter of a textbook 15 years ago, l could tell you random facts from the same time period that would be accurate but the context is blurry and there's no structure(l'm ENFP or ENTP)

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not sure if its a type thing (and I don't know much about functions) but I tend to remember weird random stuff like what I was wearing when I found out what kind of ice cream would be served at my 5th Birthday Party, that my best friend in 3rd grade still owes me 25 cents I lent him to buy baseball cards after I won a spelling bee (I won $1) and other random stuff.....but I forget what I had for lunch today!