User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Ah...this is actually some sort of psych concept, that when you "let something go" it will come to you; it has something to do with how the brain works. If you keep obsessing on it, your brain actually cannot retrieve the information.
    I'd 100% believe that, because I know I never can remember something once I hit the obsessing point.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    So I remember physical things or experiences or factoids because that's what matters to me?
    That's just my assumption based on the idea that people prioritize certain things, or certain things register.

I've never really discussed it, so I don't know what people's experiences are.

For example, I recall nights when I would go out and see some amazing thing in the sky or watched the stars. The funny thing is that I cannot remember the specifics visually in my head of exactly what the stars looked like. it is like my brain is incapable of viewing the specific details of those stars and visualizing them in my head, even if I remember a distinct feature. It's like I remember the IDEA of the distinct feature, but it remains unspecific in my head.

Like I can remember a person has a wart on a particular part of their nose, but I can't visualize exactly what it looked liked. it's just been filed under "wart" and its location on the nose.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I wonder if it's less that it's important to me, so much as it was rich enough in detail that it stuck with me. I've noticed that even silly things that I don't care much about I can recall in detail because they had some kind of strong sensory detail, be it sound, taste, touch, or visual attachment. Maybe that's why I can never remember my damn doctor's appointments until my calendar tells me. And maybe that's why I can remember the ones with my OB because he's so f'in hot...

MBTI
    ENTP

my sister tests as ISFP and is just like the sensory memory you described. From WAY early on.

But her rote memory is not impressive, she is not a walking dictionary at all. l've always been more like that, l'm not sure that it's good memory on my part, my long term sensory memory is toast. lt may be that l'm simply interested in those things, which is not restricted to any type, though l see it described in both Si and Ne, with Ne (and IME) it's inconsistent.

Si manifesting in a very smart person might be able to tell you everything they read in one chapter of a textbook 15 years ago, l could tell you random facts from the same time period that would be accurate but the context is blurry and there's no structure(l'm ENFP or ENTP)

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Not sure if its a type thing (and I don't know much about functions) but I tend to remember weird random stuff like what I was wearing when I found out what kind of ice cream would be served at my 5th Birthday Party, that my best friend in 3rd grade still owes me 25 cents I lent him to buy baseball cards after I won a spelling bee (I won $1) and other random stuff.....but I forget what I had for lunch today!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right