User Tag List

First 678

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    I'd totally work 7-6 if I could have a 4 day work week. I can't seem to get my boss on board though.
    Oh, I'm not complaining! 3 days off every week kicks ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree that an aggregate personality is a meaningless concept. Do you think, though, that everyone has equal difficulty (or ease) fitting into our society?
    depends on how they deal with the expectations that are tossed at them- do they fight it? do they run from it? do they just sit back and let it wash over them?

there are countless expectations of everyone, ranging from gender stereotypes and racial stereotypes to religious laws and social niceties... there isn't a person alive who doesn't ruffle the feathers of someone or some group who won't put the effort in to make their lives more miserable, no matter how cookie cutter that person may appear to someone on this board

it's no easier for anyone than it is for anyone else- though the grass always looks greener on the other side
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

It's odd, though, that while the xSxJs are the ones that keeps the wheels of society turning (gotta give them some credit, however much they usually annoy me), it's all the other types that either enrich the world (xSxP), ensure its progress (xNTx), or make it a better place (xNFx). All the types are needed for society to work well, but here's a message to the Guardians out there: If the other types didn't exist, there would be precious little for you to preserve. Imagine the world with no art, no excitement and no ways to enjoy life that a healthy Artisan could teach us, no clever devices, no ground-breaking theories, no new ideas to pursue due to the lack of creative Rationals, no helping hands, no people to talk to about your troubles, and none of the Idealists' compassion - what world would that be? It's great that we have Guardians that make sure that we don't get lost in the big bad world, but honestly, we wouldn't have moved past the Australopithecus stadium (Australopithecus = first human-like ape) without the rest of us.

I get that they're not, like, chasing us or trying to force us into hiding or something equally terrible, but they should think twice before insisting on making us ISTJs like themselves. They're where they are because of us, and without us, they would stay there forever. Give that some thought, dear Guardians!

garbage

If there were no stability, there'd be no foundation to grow upon.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

That's true, so all of the types depend on one another. No type should be valued more than the rest.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy; Am I or the others crazy?
    ~Albert Einstein

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there.
    ~Owl City (Song: The Real World, album: All Things Bright and Beautiful)