User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    MBTI is apparently psychometrics for broke ass mother lovers and tight bastards.
    Rather mbti is for those who believe the propaganda of mbti. It's cheap, low and easy. Mbti puts us into a trance where we believe we are in control when in fact we are being controlled. But that is what we secretly wish - we secretly wish to be controlled.

We wish to loose our dignity and self respect, but most of all we want to do it with others so we won't notice our loss of dignity and self respect.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But that is what we secretly wish - we secretly wish to be controlled.
    It can be fun now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    It can be fun now and again.
    Fascism is fun.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Agreed, yenom! I'm an INxP with absolutely no ability or intention to confirm to the ISTJ lifestyle, and I paid for that, amongst other examples, in math classes in school. There are rules as to not only what the correct answer is, but also to HOW you're supposed to find the right answers. I was usually right about the answers themselves, but my way of solving the problems was different from standard procedures, and so I was told I was wrong. UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by 10blackroses View Post
    Agreed, yenom! I'm an INxP with absolutely no ability or intention to confirm to the ISTJ lifestyle, and I paid for that, amongst other examples, in math classes in school. There are rules as to not only what the correct answer is, but also to HOW you're supposed to find the right answers. I was usually right about the answers themselves, but my way of solving the problems was different from standard procedures, and so I was told I was wrong. UGH!
    They were teaching you how to fit into an authoritarian society.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    It seems that in this age, modern society just want us to live an ISTJ life. Obey society's rules and don't stir up any trouble, don't express any weirld thoughts. The government want us to fix into nice little boxes.
    We have been programmed that way since in school. If we don't go to school and do our homework, we get punished. The same is true when we reach adulthood, if we don't go to work and follow a routine schedule. we get fired. Anyone who tries to break out of the ISTJ lifestyle will suffer severe consequences. No wonder most Ps end up sleeping in the streets or get laid off. Most SPs went to sell drugs or join the Mafia. The middle class is full of ISTJs who is afraid to take risks and worry they will be out of money.
    When I first was learning about MBTI, I thought I might be an ISTJ. The conclusion I reached after a fair amount of consideration is that it was more socially acceptable to be an ISTJ than an INTJ and that society pressures the INTJ to act more ISTJ like. I felt that in some ways I was trying to be a person that I wasn't, beating myself up when I was unsuccessful. There are just a lot more sensors in the world and even among intuitives, Ni doms are rare. I essentially did not appreciate the different thought patterns I had - I thought they were flawed or at least less than optimally effective. Feeling like you know the answer and not being able to explain why or having the social finess to collaborate with others to work through it (and thus not being able to influence decisions) can be enormously frustrating. MBTI explained much such as why the people I went to grade school with seemed to be from a different planet. I thought most of them were clods - lacking in intelligence, maturity and judgment but apparently possessing much better social skills than I had.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    society isn't easy for ANYONE to fit in... and I really don't think that it's meant to be. When you combine the aggregate of what everyone is and everyone wants it becomes something that NOBODY is and it's not exactly what anyone wants. You say that society wants for you to be an ISTJ but ISTJs might find it to be the other way around.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

try 7:30 to 6!

of course I only work 4 days a week at that

whole premise of the thread is ridiculous
    I'd totally work 7-6 if I could have a 4 day work week. I can't seem to get my boss on board though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

society isn't easy for ANYONE to fit in... and I really don't think that it's meant to be. When you combine the aggregate of what everyone is and everyone wants it becomes something that NOBODY is and it's not exactly what anyone wants. You say that society wants for you to be an ISTJ but ISTJs might find it to be the other way around. (I've heard complaints that society keeps wanting one particular person to be less responsible! )
    I agree that an aggregate personality is a meaningless concept. Do you think, though, that everyone has equal difficulty (or ease) fitting into our society?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And anyway, your interpretation of Se and Si seems to be wrong even on a stereotypical level. Se is movement...it's kinesthetic (more being in tune with ones' surroundings), while Si is detailed, perfect for dealing with minutiae (i.e., perfect for academics, being a detective, being in control of ones' surroundings.)
    Mate, I know what the difference between Se and Si are. In either case, I might have been mistaken about Holmes.

Edit: Whilst I know what the differences are, I should add that I remembered Holmes being closer to the former rather than to the latter, but perhaps I should start reading Doyle's works again.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer