User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 74

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Obey society's rules and don't stir up any trouble, don't express any weirld thoughts. The government want us to fix into nice little boxes.
    Why say ISTJ life? What does it add to this analysis?

    If you meet someone who acts like that, you'll assume ISTJ,

    If you meet someone who doesn't, you'll assume not ISTJ.

    Therefore it's just equating surface behavior which is self-evident anyway with type, circular reasoning.

    Like looking at the leaves moving in the wind, and assuming the wind blows because the leaves are moving.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    You spent years whining about ENTJs and now you're whining about ISTJs.
    Type isn't the problem, it's how you think that's holding you back.

  3. #13
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Why say ISTJ life? What does it add to this analysis?

    If you meet someone who acts like that, you'll assume ISTJ,

    If you meet someone who doesn't, you'll assume not ISTJ.

    Therefore it's just equating surface behavior which is self-evident anyway with type, circular reasoning.

    Like looking at the leaves moving in the wind, and assuming the wind blows because the leaves are moving.
    I think you got the message wrong. I am not generalizing everyone I don't like is an ISTJ, but based on my observations, I think that this type has the best chance to find a niche in society.

    Its not about type, its the condition which society forces us into and the best type that fits this role.
    I think you should come to asia to find out. Even people who are not ISTJs are forced to be ISTJs, unless there is more creative work out there. Of course there are NT companies, or P companies (such as google), but most small and medium size enterprises prize the ISTJ worker above all else. The academia (at least the college I am in) is more INTJ, but nevertheless the TJ mentality is still there.

    You know, for a sociopath that is planning to take over the country, and wrecking havoc, I sure feel like things could be better.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  4. #14
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You spent years whining about ENTJs and now you're whining about ISTJs.
    Type isn't the problem, it's how you think that's holding you back.
    Heh. I am sorry, you are confusing whinning with pure hate. But i don't give a damn about that type's stupidity these days/
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    You know, for a sociopath that is planning to take over the country, and wrecking havoc, I sure feel like things could be better.
    No offence mate but you aren't going to be taking over anywhere. Your best bet is to prostitute yourself to the highest bidder and then seize power via assassinating them or scrap your beliefs and adopt the TJ method you despise.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I think you got the message wrong. I am not generalizing everyone I don't like is an ISTJ, but based on my observations, I think that this type has the best chance to find a niche in society.

    Its not about type, its the condition which society forces us into and the best type that fits this role.
    I think you should come to asia to find out. Even people who are not ISTJs are forced to be ISTJs, unless there is more creative work out there. Of course there are NT companies, or P companies (such as google), but most small and medium size enterprises prize the ISTJ worker above all else. The academia (at least the college I am in) is more INTJ, but nevertheless the TJ mentality is still there.

    You know, for a sociopath that is planning to take over the country, and wrecking havoc, I sure feel like things could be better.
    Like I said, I think your argument would work better if you just didn't mention typology at all. It is only confusing your point with an irrelevant mis-applied theory.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    We shall burn an effigy to the SJ tyranny that in no way, shape or form is a system that ever grates on their nerves or makes them unhappy.

    Due to the lack of puppets, @Cimarron will be our sacrifice. Since he's an SJ, I'm sure he will gladly cooperate with our ritual.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  8. #18
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Or at least drive you guys to madness, and corral you all onto one forum...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #19
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Like I said, I think your argument would work better if you just didn't mention typology at all. It is only confusing your point with an irrelevant mis-applied theory.
    Misapplied? Not to mention typology?
    So what do you think society what us to be? Why don't you tell me and offer us your valuable alternative insights.

    (I think you are just opposing for the sake of opposing, while contributing nothing of value in return , like playing devil's advocate for the sake of trolling, )If not please give us what alternative model of how to meet society's expectations, play society's game and win.

    No offence mate but you aren't going to be taking over anywhere. Your best bet is to prostitute yourself to the highest bidder and then seize power via assassinating them or scrap your beliefs and adopt the TJ method you despise.]
    Meh. I prefer my own P way. Since I studied history and know what works or not.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    ISTJs are the most boundlessly creative people in the Universe! Who woudn't want to follow their great ways?

Similar Threads

  1. It seems that the nearest star to the Sun has a Earth like planet
    By Virtual ghost in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 08:17 AM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 03:35 PM
  3. What's necessary to live an interesting life?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO