User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

For me it's who is asking that makes the difference. If it's someone that I'm not friends with, nor care to be. Regardless of how awesome I am, my response in going to be "I'm okay." I'm a fairly private person and I don't want someone digging deeper into why I am awesome or why I am depressed. If it is family or friends and I say "I'm okay" it means something is bugging me, but its not bad enough for me to want to talk about it.

I answer this way all the time. I'm too lazy to go into detail or be emotive, I guess. It doesn't mean anything more than that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"I got no dream, man. I'm all dead inside."

Someone play with that and get back to us.

thinking of you

garbage

I'm overall doing "okay enough" that I can truthfully give it as a response when I don't want to bother spilling my guts.

MBTI
    ISTP

Who ever says "bad... I'm doing terrible, man". Nobody. And 99% of the time they know that when they ask and probably just want to seem like they care because they have their own internal feelings of obligation and insecurities to combat. I usually say whatever I gotta say to make them feel better and forget they asked, 'cause lets face it, if I hypothetically wasn't ok, what are they going to to do about it? Might as well help them out and save myself some breath. I already do more unnecessary explaining every day than I ought to.

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    save myself some breath. I already do more unnecessary explaining every day than I ought to.
    lol.. right on.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i really dont know how to answer the question(it just sounds so absurd and doesent make much sense to me), so ill usually just say that im okay or say something that makes as much sense to others than that question makes to me
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i really dont know how to answer the question(it just sounds so absurd and doesent make much sense to me), so ill usually just say that im okay or say something that makes as much sense to others than that question makes to me
    That question seems silly to me also, because usually people aren't interested in an accurate answer. As a result, I hardly ever ask people "how are you", and when I do, I really want to know.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That question seems silly to me also, because usually people aren't interested in an accurate answer. As a result, I hardly ever ask people "how are you", and when I do, I really want to know.
    for me its more about that how im doing is really dependent on the moment and even if i was annoyed about something and for example i see some friend who i havent seen in a while and am happy to see, then the how im doing changes because of that and the annoying thing goes to background, but thats not really what they are asking about, but they are asking some overall picture with all of the background processes combined. but its impossible for me to combine them all, because i view all of them as separate things and dont really possess this sort of overall feeling certain way thing, its just that if i concentrate on some annoying thing at the moment, then im annoyed or if im concentrating on some happy thing then im happy, but they go into background if i start thinking/analyzing something for example(in which case all feeling things are in the background) or situation changes(when i might not have been formed an opinion about it whether it is annoying situation or positive one or then its that current situation that is the answer to the question, but its not what people want to hear). also even if i were annoyed about for example just hitting my toe on something and feeling pain, then some old friend comes to me and asks how im doing, if i answered that "im feeling like shit because i just hit my toe to that curb 20 seconds ago, but now i dont feel like shit anymore because while answering the question, i got my mind off the pain and im feeling ok now", well that would just sound weird

ps. i just talked about this with my INTJ friend few days ago and he thought about it much like you do
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That question seems silly to me also, because usually people aren't interested in an accurate answer.
    Who cares if they aren't, I tell them anyway whatever I am feeling...and if they don't want to hear it, next time they won't ask
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp