• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ultimate Divine Light Power!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What we say I believe is a reflection of what we desire to do. If you have some New-Ager preaching about the glory of self-mastery on the quest to becoming God, that's great; I do the same thing - but if someone actually thinks this will be achieved in one lifetime for us all to see, then they are indeed deluded. Indeed, the illusion of knowledge is worse than ignorance. It's great to dream of achieving this, but it is a loss of touch with reality to believe it will give immediate results. The immaterial I believe to be the seed of the tangible, since after all, all of creation has its origins springing from within the mind. The mind is the forge, and the concept is the sword. Ascension will not only be found in religion, but also in cosmology, science, philosophy, esotericism, and perhaps other paths as well that branch from this tree.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting thoughts, Raptor Wizard. Very insightful. I, for one, am thrilled to see that other people actually think about these things.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The following quotes were taken from the The Different Names of "God" thread:

I don't know if this is entirely related to the topic at hand, but I wanted to sort of express my own views towards what I think "God" is and why there are so many different names for what is clearly supernatural.

I think God is a grand designer of sorts, a mind that programs existence on its many levels, but I think god (lower-case g) is a much higher level of development we can all apsire towards on our journeys of expansion into the infinite. The quest knows no ends.

If I ever did believe in a "God" anymore, then it would most likely be tilted slightly towards Deism - however, given recent even further advancements in science, even Deism seems almost out-dated to me.

Quantum theory implies the existence of an all-omnipresent living mind, as there needs to be something that sees the creation for it to take shape. Something needs to gaze upon the image for it to have its own absolute reality.

That said, I will admit that I personally suffer from a "desire to have faith in a personal god" versus "faith itself is the path towards belief in the supernatural and therefore closing up of the mind to the natural and the physical" conflict.

Perhaps with sufficent faith, if we really chase the paths ahead, then we will come to a super-natural point from where we can move mountains. Anything is possible!

I have often wondered what sort of minds would develop if they were never introduced to ideas like the supernatural whatsoever. In essence, are we inherently pre-disposed to having faith in some sort of supernatural being, ideas, or philosophies as ways of explaining phenomena? Or do we end up resorting to things like "spirituality" and "supernatural explanations" because we currently lack the knowledge to explain something.

If it is not true it is very well invented - that is one of my favorite quotes (Giordano Bruno). The world is a big place. We may find one day that all ideas have an immanence within reality on some level of manifestation. To create something that it cannot contain may be an incredulous invention. The box of barriers shall be broken asunder!

One question: Is "God" the term for our lack of knowledge about the natural and physical?

For the mundane aspects of existence, God may describe what can't currently be explained, but when it comes to dream development, going beyond the limits of our perceptions may bring to pass what naturalism would deem impossible. The annihilation of all limits draws nigh!

Yes, often, but I think it also goes deeper into God being a term to shortcut to our lack of understanding of the nature of our existence and the deep need to create a reason and a purpose for our lives. Trying to place oneself in a greater context is a means of reconciling that... even if we were raised in a society with no emphasis on the supernatural, I think that deep wondering would still exist, because it's really the ultimate open-ended question.

A broadened horizon makes for a much better and more meaningful voyage, and along the way, many treasures are yet to be discovered. Many new lands and explorations await us across the ocean.

I tend to think that humans share some deep level of yearning and satisfaction that often manifests itself as spirituality, or deep love, or zeal for some cause, or passionate expressiveness, or losing oneself in sensation, or daring physical pursuit, or intense learning, or any other number of forms of expression of breaking beyond the self to engage in something that feels like "more". Where it comes from, or why it exists, I have no idea, but I feel like there's a good likelihood it means that there is something more than what we know right now. On a practical level, I know that it refreshes us, renews us, gathers us, and energizes us. Even if ultimately there is no "beyond", I think there's something important or at the very least positive about tapping into that sort of feeling, and that sort of consciousness. It opens us up and invites acceptance of the potential existence of things we don't understand, respect for the great mysteries of life, the questions that bind us.

Human experiences are limited by our sense perceptions, but if we tap into the deep recesses of the mind, the world will open and unfold before our eyes. A good sense of wonder is a fountain that springs forth worlds of all kinds, and as we merge with the source of it all, our minds will take flight. Our ascension is immanent!

I don't think you get what religion is. Most people with their Western pseudo-scientific reasoning (and yes, I think that evangelical atheists ...as opposed to open-minded agnostics...aren't even real scientists, they presume too much based on lack of evidence and have monstrously transformed lack of belief into a belief system, somehow) don't see to understand that the entire point is aligning your consciousness, via faith, to the divine.

Proper evidence used with false reasoning can lead to fables, though good fables can prove to be valuable metaphors in conceptualizing new designs. Even things that aren't present on our plane can give us their gifts.

It's a conscious choice, and a state of mind. And it can be proven over and over again what incredible mind-body alignment people can have via prayer and meditation.

I like the paradox of centering ourselves with the acentric vastness of this endless and infinite existence, but our own individual universe may have such a core from where we can derive strength and inspiration (Nikola Tesla's ideas were not all his own; many may have sprung from this source). We have yet to penetrate the secrets of this core.

It's like you don't get it, because you're not even looking in the right place, for the right thing. You're looking for evidence of a giant old man in sandals, and not seeing that the Tao or God or All That Is...is everywhere, all around you, in every living thing, permeating existence.

Perhaps there could be a fusion of two concepts, the existence of a divine being living in an omniversal creation melted into one, because after all, life must exist under all conditions and phases of development. Evolution I believe can realize all ends of the spectrum, from humans and gods to God. All things conceivable could manifest.

That's why I don't want to debate it. It's pointless to use the methodology of Western debate and divisiveness to perceive the whole.

Without taking up the sword of challenge, we will experience no triumphs in our cosmic arena; arguments are a forge for refining our ideas and developing their directions. If we are simply content with the current state of things, they will remain in their static state, incapable for change. Transformation is the way forward into the future.

I think the Bible (or Jewish Torah) offers a unique name. Much of society has been groomed to view it as a legalistic tradition, but it has much to offer on a metaphysical level too. When Moses asked the "Burning Bush" what the name of the god was that he should tell people that sent him, a voice replied.. "I am that I am. Tell them that 'I am' sent you." The compounded form is Yahweh, coming from the verb meaning "to be". I don't know how it happened, but somehow this mysterious figure became a mere "old man in the clouds", when the underlying thought is more abstract. The Yahwist Jews viewed this god as "being" itself. "Self-contained being" rather. Or the source of being. Eastern philosophy is full of these concepts too, but once you make a comparison, many Christians raised in the West find it distasteful to compare with other Asian traditions. They like their old man in the clouds version.

The old man in the clouds perhaps has reached his most full and complete state of I am that I am, that is, he has attained self-mastery and found his own true self inside, taking his personal growth to the max. We each seek this light shining with all promise on our paths leading to the divine. Our ultimate destiny has yet to be realized, and it may be long in coming, but we draw ever closer.

Transcendental Will flows through us all and changes the world!

KDude

The old man in the clouds perhaps has reached his most full and complete state of I am that I am, that is, he has attained self-mastery and found his own true self inside, taking his personal growth to the max. We each seek this light shining with all promise on our paths leading to the divine.

That's what Mormons believe actually.

It's crap.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what Mormons believe actually.

It's crap.

Mormons believe it will be done in one lifetime. I know it will require eons for its accomplishemnt. Mormons also follow god with complete obediance. I think we should liberate ourselves from all restrictions. That includes not subjecting ourselves to the will of a being above us.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The following quotes were taken from the The Different Names of "God" thread:

I think God is a grand designer of sorts, a mind that programs existence on its many levels, but I think god (lower-case g) is a much higher level of development we can all apsire towards on our journeys of expansion into the infinite. The quest knows no ends.

Not the "designer" argument again.

1. If the universe needed a designer, then a being as complex as that would require to be designed itself
2. If it's so easy to believe that an omnipotent being game into existence from nothing, or has always existed, then this same argument can be made for the universe that it has always existed and didn't come from nothing

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will not rest; I will not sleep, relax, relent, or be satisfied until my goals have been met, the challenge answered and all my doubters silenced. I will not give in to my foes; I wont let down my teammates. I wont stop inspiring those who look up to me or stop giving motivation to those who motivate me. I will not back off until I’m back on top, back in the place where they said I could never be again. Mountains dont scare me. The lack of mountains scare me. The climb up, the struggle for every inch of ground and every level of ascension is what feeds me. I welcome that challenge. I welcome that chance to be fed because no matter what - no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined. ― Kobe Bryant
"The will is a world architect and composer, the will is a world power and mover. The world is shaped in the image of our wills and by the power of our wills. Will has essentially the nature of a force. Like all forces, will has a magnitude and a direction, and just like things move in the direction of the strongest force, things move in the direction of the strongest will. Whenever you loose something, you faced a greater will and were overpowered by it. If you want something to happen strongly enough, if the world wants something to happen strongly enough, then it is going to happen. The will is a creator. Will is a living organism, it grows and develops along with the individual. Weak individuals are characterized by a weak will or lack of will. Ill people are known by an ill will or a destructive will. Hence the presence and development of will is absolutely essential for personal and spiritual ascension. The key to the higher and diviner life is a strong and healthy will, a will to improve, a will to exceed, a will to life, but most importantly a will to ascend. The seed transforms into a flower by a will to ascend in the instrument. The will to ascend is an elevator to the higher levels of being, a key to unlock the higher potentials of life and a power to manifest them. I do want to climb a high mountain today!" ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Explore the Edge of Endlessness - Ascend the Mountain of Transformation - Omnipotence
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity. If thou but settest foot on this path, thou shalt see it everywhere." ― Hermes

If it is not true it is very well invented. What we each seek is the direction of our dreams. Though these concepts we create may not have a real immanence in existence, they should nonetheless serve us as guiding stars we can gaze to from across the horizon, ideals we can all aspire towards and follow. If we push our chase to the edge, places un-previously imagined in our time may shine with all promise as they progress from possibilities to present paths we will walk. The particular map I present in this program is a projection that can work for all people, as it allows for individuality and being your own true self.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Battle 1: Words Of Wisdom - Kreia VS Yoda

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Distant Omniverse: Eternal Sacredness of the Cosmos (HD)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some thinkers say that if we are guided solely by our own liberating power of reasoning, then we can determine ourselves into action by our own free will rather than being pushed by external forces; in that sense, cause and effect may take on another dimension, a human one, and if it's a human dimension, then 'laws' such as ethics may in principle be applicable. This could also give room for some degree of contingency, as human free will would be the 'X-Factor'.

Also, I agree with you about some things just being dead wrong. It's kinda hard to explain why, but it really does feel like certain actions are 'not right'. Not everything is based on causal-reasoning I guess is the point, and that some degree of unexplained intuition may come into play.

I don't understand why you think 'feelings' or 'values' are a low form of reasoning in determining the meaning of things. It's great to have some kind of guiding star by which we can direct our logic towards, a personal purpose or mission to fulfill. I find progress much easier to measure if we are taking steps to reach a destination we desire. It's good to be spurred into action by desires, and if we hold on to them tenaciously enough, then great things can happen. Although the intent may be subjective, it can be objectively treated with the right logic. My main point is that logic can be used implement and verify what we want inside, and what we want inside, the 'ethical or X-factor' is what drives us to make advancements.

That may have been kind of wordy, but basically I believe objectives and subjectives can work together in unison, since the objective is the construction, and the subjective is the foundation. The subjective is the reason for the existence and completion of the objective.

I'm not treating this discussion that seriously, so the definitions are loose and open to your own personal interpretation. Good and evil is indeed very subjective, but just think about it this way: does God love you? If yes, then he is "good". If no, then he is "evil". Also, by God I mean the mind that created and controls this universe, kind of like what [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] described. I honestly have no freaking clue how to visualize God, but I believe him to be some kind willpower force. His greatest sin of all was, as [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] said somewhere else, was creating the universe, because look at all of the bad junk in our world. This God is the spawn of evil! It is only logical then that he must be replaced, and to do so, we need to hack his creation, kind of like how a computer virus can destroy a computer (we are the viruses).

If it is not true it is very well invented.

If "it" feels nothing then it's experience of creation will not be joyous. Surely the Force has an ultimate purpose to realize, even if it uses evil means to achieve those ends. A life with no joy and no purpose to me is no life at all.

My new title below my username is "God's Willpower Unleashed"!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm bringing this badboy back to life, yeah!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm enjoying my finest hours of teenage youth left, soon to be completely eclipsed by the coming darkness of Halloween...

Destiny and Destroying the Universe