Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Some thinkers say that if we are guided solely by our own liberating power of reasoning, then we can determine ourselves into action by our own free will rather than being pushed by external forces; in that sense, cause and effect may take on another dimension, a human one, and if it's a human dimension, then 'laws' such as ethics may in principle be applicable. This could also give room for some degree of contingency, as human free will would be the 'X-Factor'.

Also, I agree with you about some things just being dead wrong. It's kinda hard to explain why, but it really does feel like certain actions are 'not right'. Not everything is based on causal-reasoning I guess is the point, and that some degree of unexplained intuition may come into play.
    I don't understand why you think 'feelings' or 'values' are a low form of reasoning in determining the meaning of things. It's great to have some kind of guiding star by which we can direct our logic towards, a personal purpose or mission to fulfill. I find progress much easier to measure if we are taking steps to reach a destination we desire. It's good to be spurred into action by desires, and if we hold on to them tenaciously enough, then great things can happen. Although the intent may be subjective, it can be objectively treated with the right logic. My main point is that logic can be used implement and verify what we want inside, and what we want inside, the 'ethical or X-factor' is what drives us to make advancements.

That may have been kind of wordy, but basically I believe objectives and subjectives can work together in unison, since the objective is the construction, and the subjective is the foundation. The subjective is the reason for the existence and completion of the objective.
    I'm not treating this discussion that seriously, so the definitions are loose and open to your own personal interpretation. Good and evil is indeed very subjective, but just think about it this way: does God love you? If yes, then he is "good". If no, then he is "evil". Also, by God I mean the mind that created and controls this universe, kind of like what @Infinite Bubble described. I honestly have no freaking clue how to visualize God, but I believe him to be some kind willpower force. His greatest sin of all was, as @jontherobot said somewhere else, was creating the universe, because look at all of the bad junk in our world. This God is the spawn of evil! It is only logical then that he must be replaced, and to do so, we need to hack his creation, kind of like how a computer virus can destroy a computer (we are the viruses).

If it is not true it is very well invented.
    If "it" feels nothing then it's experience of creation will not be joyous. Surely the Force has an ultimate purpose to realize, even if it uses evil means to achieve those ends. A life with no joy and no purpose to me is no life at all.
    My new title below my username is "God's Willpower Unleashed"!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm bringing this badboy back to life, yeah!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm enjoying my finest hours of teenage youth left, soon to be completely eclipsed by the coming darkness of Halloween...

Destiny and Destroying the Universe

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by starsabrina85 View Post
    Dude, why are you telling everyone that you're a dupe?