• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of feelings?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think all feelings are inherently selfish.

And why do you think of them the way you do?

I just think all feelings are inherently made to prolong the survival of the individual in one way or another while thinking is responsible for finding solutions which benefit everyone.

It would then be easy to assume T types as less selfish but no, the opposite holds true cause apparently when a function is first or secondary, it becomes complex and not that suited for its inherent purpose which comes better off in tertiary feelers where pure selfishness can be visible. Same way tertiary thinkers thinking comes off as pure selflessness.

I dont love humanity because im a nice person, but because i do it makes me a nice person. But alas, even that is selfish, i love humanity cause this love benefits me in my emotional health and cause others are then more cooperative to my will.

So to be true to my self, i must accept the self serving nature of all feelings. I think?

Rocket

MBTI Type
XSFX
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
What is your self? It's arbitrary. With art I believe you can imagine differnet and better selfs, connect your current feelings with them and have them serve an ideal that was produced independent of the feelings. Cultural evolution has produced perversion to our lives, because it has started to go faster than the normal evolution and so there's a gap which creates this horrible human condition, being trapped between god and animal. We are trapped between them, but we are not their fusion. We do not live in energy, yet. Animals maybe live in energy, their world is cut to the perfect harmony with senses, god's world is one wholeness.
Popular culture is great because it's just this connection between identity and sound experience of rock n' roll or something like that.Well, maybe it champions wrong things, but it's a pretty powerful method of self-transformation. Of course, not consciously that's where it probably fails.
Feelings are animalistic, that is clear. If you want to consciously develop yourself, it's good to know that feelings are animalistic but you can do these things by accident too. Many people probably do.
what a rumination. possibly sorry for this.