User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm really more interested in people explaining other people's behavior, with sometimes perhaps less-than-accurate logic.
    We are the only inter-subjective animal. And our inter-subjectivity has made us the most powerful animal on the planet.

Yes, we are able to share the subjective thoughts and feelings of others.

However there is a dark side to inter-subjectivity. We are able to deceive one another. And as you know, the first casuality of war is truth.

And we are able to ascribe to others less than noble thoughts, as you so well point out.

So our inter-subjectivity can lead, on one hand to love, and on the other hand to deception, calumny, detraction, libel, slurs, slander, and obloquy.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Acting according to the society's implicit and explicit values often produces favorable assesments from everyone around, even though it might not have been the person's primary goal. I'm thinking that some people may come overly allergic to some forms of approval they don't consider being earned.

What I'm thinking, there's various levels of image-boosting activities. As someone said, people assess each other about whether or not their public image was earned or not.

Permabanned

I am who I am, come and get it while I'm available...
    Because, one day you won't be able...
    Sitting at the table, with my words loud...
    Scheming looking like why he so proud...
    Two types of humans...
    Mine and my own, that makes three..
    But if you want the truth, it's just me, myself, and mine.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking of what person A thinks of person B, and in doing so I'm painting a picture of person A's mental landscape.

I'm trying to find true statements, and I tried to avoid attributing envy to anyone, but .. I though I better say it anyway, as it crossed my mind.

There are lot of socially acceptable explanations to various behaviours, but I'm not sure if they are more than haphazard inventions which just have become accepted because they reinforce the current social dogma. Edit: but I'm getting off topic. I'm really more interested in people explaining other people's behavior, with sometimes perhaps less-than-accurate logic.
    I find this next to impossible to do with any degree of accuracy. The occasional exception is professional decisions which may have a hidden agenda (e.g. group A is only working with group B because they think it is a good way to get more funding). For the most part, I look at the observable behavior, and evaluate it on its own. I won't assume to know why someone is being disrespectful, or obstructionist, or is not pulling his weight. I will just address the behavior for what it is, highlighting the problems it is creating.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Accuracy can't be had here, but I see it as an equation of two variables - roughly, how does A have clue about B and how much, and what kind of general factors might make A to give that kind of assessments. I can hope to find a rough indicator of who's more trustworthy in this kind of situation. Don't worry, I won't put great trust in the accuracy of this kind of thinking, not even my own thinking. Still, I'm not giving up thinking because there's so little evidence to either direction.

Perhaps this saying describes my attitude the best: "after I've heard both sides of the story, I'll be sure there's more than two sides to it."

MBTI
    INFJ

There's not one answer. Not even one inaccurate answer.

I think the best you'll get is several inaccurate answers. I doubt you'll be any wiser for it in any case.

garbage

Some people are arrogant; some are jealous. Both groups are insecure.