• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Radio and IQ

Mole

Permabanned
ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Radio National, often enough engages in abstract discussion.

While ABC, Local Radio, engages in concrete discussion.

And commercial radio only deals in emotion.

And abstract discussion is a sign of higher IQ, while concrete discussion is a sign of lower IQ, and only emotion is a sign of an even lower IQ.

Emotion radio do reveal their emotions about Radio National. And emotion radio hates Radio National. So it is plain those with quite a low IQ hate those with a quite high IQ.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, N>S>F ?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I agree. You can't get dull people to a conversation about the big bang. They only understand things they can "touch". Abstract thinking needs higher intelligence.

Commercial radio sucks! You're right that they only deal with emotions. We've got a radio station in Austria called "Kronehit". I think the most popular topics were : "Watch your boyfriend! He could cheat on you." and some astrological sh*t (I mean, how could anyone believe this?). But we also got one, lemmie say radio for "higher educated". They mostly play classical music and often discuss scientific topics.

Very interesting thing, you came up with.
:)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wouldn't say that the Big Bang is particularly abstract, nor even novel...

Mole

Permabanned
I agree. You can't get dull people to a conversation about the big bang. They only understand things they can "touch". Abstract thinking needs higher intelligence.

Commercial radio sucks! You're right that they only deal with emotions. We've got a radio station in Austria called "Kronehit". I think the most popular topics were : "Watch your boyfriend! He could cheat on you." and some astrological sh*t (I mean, how could anyone believe this?). But we also got one, lemmie say radio for "higher educated". They mostly play classical music and often discuss scientific topics.

Very interesting thing, you came up with.
:)

Thanks.

Also the abstract includes the concrete and the emotions, while the concrete only includes the emotions, and the emotions exclude both the concrete and the abstract. So it as though the abstract and the emotional are reverse images of each other.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks.

Also the abstract includes the concrete and the emotions, while the concrete only includes the emotions, and the emotions exclude both the concrete and the abstract. So it as though the abstract and the emotional are reverse images of each other.

What category does mental fappery fall into?

Mole

Permabanned
I wouldn't say that the Big Bang is particularly abstract, nor even novel...

The Big Bang is an accelerating expansion of time and space, but when time and space are compressed at the centre of a Black Hole, a change of state occurs where instead of time and space expanding at an accelerating rate, the number of dimensions start expanding at an accelerating rate. This has the interesting effect that everything is connected to everything else, and cause and effect come to an end.

And just as in the centre of Black Hole everything is connected to everything else, so on the internet everyone is connected to everyone else.

And just as in the Steam Age, the steam train was the metaphor of choice, so in the Electronic Age the intenet is the metaphor of choice, even for the centre of a Black Hole.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
The Big Bang is an accelerating expansion of time and space, but when time and space are compressed at the centre of a Black Hole, a change of state occurs where instead of time and space expanding at an accelerating rate, dimensions start expanding at an accelerating rate. This has the interesting effect that everything is connected to everything else, and cause and effect come to an end.

And just as in the centre of Black Hole everything is connected to everything else, so on the internet everyone is connected to everyone else.

And just as in the Steam Age, the steam train was the metaphor of choice, so in the Electronic Age the intenet is the metaphor of choice, even for the centre of a Black Hole.

Yes, and the sky is blue. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, and the sky is blue. :shrug:

We have evidence that the sky is blue and reasons the sky is blue. But we have no evidence that the number of dimensions at the centre of a Black Hole is expanding and accelerating.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
We have evidence that the sky is blue and reasons the sky is blue. But we have no evidence that the number of dimensions at the centre of a Black Hole is expanding and accelerating.

Yes, and the sky is still blue.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, and the sky is still blue.

This is an emotional response which excludes both the abstract and the concrete, and is a mirror image of the abstract which includes both the concrete and the emotional.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
This is an emotional response which excludes both the abstract and the concrete, and is a mirror image of the abstract which includes both the concrete and the emotional.

Prove it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There might be some loose correlation, but I don't think such wide generalizations and extrapolations are merited.

It seems more common in my experience that intelligent people hate stupid people but not so much the other way around. Unintelligent people can always learn from and have their lives improved by intelligent people, but the smart people only have the benefit of someone else doing the dirty/boring/dangerous work and pretty people dancing on TV. And a lot of irrational uneducated people with whom to be frustrated.

And it's worth noting that Sensors can think abstractly and be very intelligent. My parents are both S's I'm pretty sure (I know my mom is), and they are both highly educated computer programmers. Two of my best friends test as S's and they have Mensa level IQ's.

Mole

Permabanned
Prove it.

Gosh, when I challenge your emotional response, you want to fight me.

I think this illustrates emotional radio hates abstract radio. Whereas abstract radio merely understands emotional radio.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Gosh, when I challenge your emotional response, you want to fight me.

I think this illustrates emotional radio hates abstract radio. Whereas abstract radio merely understands emotional radio.

In what universe do I want to fight you? Certainly not in this one. I feel that your claims about me are unfounded, but perhaps I am wrong about my own intentions. If so, prove it.

That's not combative, that is prudent.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
There might be some loose correlation, but I don't think such wide generalizations and extrapolations are merited.

It seems more common in my experience that intelligent people hate stupid people but not so much the other way around. Unintelligent people can always learn from and have their lives improved by intelligent people, but the smart people only have the benefit of someone else doing the dirty/boring/dangerous work and pretty people dancing on TV. And a lot of irrational uneducated people with whom to be frustrated.

And it's worth noting that Sensors can think abstractly and be very intelligent. My parents are both S's I'm pretty sure (I know my mom is), and they are both highly educated computer programmers. Two of my best friends test as S's and they have Mensa level IQ's.

Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? It's where incompetent people fail to realize how incompetent they are, but they also feel superior to everyone else.

To put it bluntly, stupid people are some times more likely to believe they are not only smart, but also smarter than you, while the inverse effect is that people who are actually smart tend to over estimate other's intelligence. Smart people think that if they are smart, then other people must be as well.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? It's where incompetent people fail to realize how incompetent they are, but they also feel superior to everyone else.

To put it bluntly, stupid people are some times more likely to believe they are not only smart, but also smarter than you, while the inverse effect is that people who are actually smart tend to over estimate other's intelligence. Smart people think that if they are smart, then other people must be as well.

That's interesting. No, I hadn't heard of that.

You're smart! ;)