User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Radio and IQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Big Bang is an accelerating expansion of time and space, but when time and space are compressed at the centre of a Black Hole, a change of state occurs where instead of time and space expanding at an accelerating rate, dimensions start expanding at an accelerating rate. This has the interesting effect that everything is connected to everything else, and cause and effect come to an end.

And just as in the centre of Black Hole everything is connected to everything else, so on the internet everyone is connected to everyone else.

And just as in the Steam Age, the steam train was the metaphor of choice, so in the Electronic Age the intenet is the metaphor of choice, even for the centre of a Black Hole.
    Yes, and the sky is blue.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yes, and the sky is blue.
    We have evidence that the sky is blue and reasons the sky is blue. But we have no evidence that the number of dimensions at the centre of a Black Hole is expanding and accelerating.

MBTI
    INFJ

We have evidence that the sky is blue and reasons the sky is blue. But we have no evidence that the number of dimensions at the centre of a Black Hole is expanding and accelerating.
    Yes, and the sky is still blue.

Yes, and the sky is still blue.
    This is an emotional response which excludes both the abstract and the concrete, and is a mirror image of the abstract which includes both the concrete and the emotional.

MBTI
    INFJ

This is an emotional response which excludes both the abstract and the concrete, and is a mirror image of the abstract which includes both the concrete and the emotional.
    Prove it.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

There might be some loose correlation, but I don't think such wide generalizations and extrapolations are merited.

It seems more common in my experience that intelligent people hate stupid people but not so much the other way around. Unintelligent people can always learn from and have their lives improved by intelligent people, but the smart people only have the benefit of someone else doing the dirty/boring/dangerous work and pretty people dancing on TV. And a lot of irrational uneducated people with whom to be frustrated.

And it's worth noting that Sensors can think abstractly and be very intelligent. My parents are both S's I'm pretty sure (I know my mom is), and they are both highly educated computer programmers. Two of my best friends test as S's and they have Mensa level IQ's.

Prove it.
    Gosh, when I challenge your emotional response, you want to fight me.

I think this illustrates emotional radio hates abstract radio. Whereas abstract radio merely understands emotional radio.

MBTI
    INFJ

Gosh, when I challenge your emotional response, you want to fight me.

I think this illustrates emotional radio hates abstract radio. Whereas abstract radio merely understands emotional radio.
    In what universe do I want to fight you? Certainly not in this one. I feel that your claims about me are unfounded, but perhaps I am wrong about my own intentions. If so, prove it.

That's not combative, that is prudent.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    There might be some loose correlation, but I don't think such wide generalizations and extrapolations are merited.

It seems more common in my experience that intelligent people hate stupid people but not so much the other way around. Unintelligent people can always learn from and have their lives improved by intelligent people, but the smart people only have the benefit of someone else doing the dirty/boring/dangerous work and pretty people dancing on TV. And a lot of irrational uneducated people with whom to be frustrated.

And it's worth noting that Sensors can think abstractly and be very intelligent. My parents are both S's I'm pretty sure (I know my mom is), and they are both highly educated computer programmers. Two of my best friends test as S's and they have Mensa level IQ's.
    Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? It's where incompetent people fail to realize how incompetent they are, but they also feel superior to everyone else.

To put it bluntly, stupid people are some times more likely to believe they are not only smart, but also smarter than you, while the inverse effect is that people who are actually smart tend to over estimate other's intelligence. Smart people think that if they are smart, then other people must be as well.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? It's where incompetent people fail to realize how incompetent they are, but they also feel superior to everyone else.

To put it bluntly, stupid people are some times more likely to believe they are not only smart, but also smarter than you, while the inverse effect is that people who are actually smart tend to over estimate other's intelligence. Smart people think that if they are smart, then other people must be as well.
    That's interesting. No, I hadn't heard of that.

You're smart!