• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Doppelgänger

Mole

Permabanned
I was bothered by my strong response to you, partly because I didn't know why I was having such a strong emotional response to you, until I realised you were a seed within me and I could have ended up just like you.

For you are highly intelligent, good looking, well educated and still learning, with excellent social skills, and excellent media skills, with an artistic bent, and very hard working. In short, you are perfect, and yet ......

Of course you are a mirror of what I might have become. And seeing you was the shock of recognition. I first recognised you just below consciousness, and slowly and somewhat painfully my recognition has surfaced into my consciousness, just this morning.

Of course I would like to share this recognition with you, my doppelgänger, but what magic could bring the mirror alive?

Mole

Permabanned
I was bothered by my strong response to you, partly because I didn't know why I was having such a strong emotional response to you, until I realised you were a seed within me and I could have ended up just like you.

For you are highly intelligent, good looking, well educated and still learning, with excellent social skills, and excellent media skills, with an artistic bent, and very hard working. In short, you are perfect, and yet ......

Of course you are a mirror of what I might have become. And seeing you was the shock of recognition. I first recognised you just below consciousness, and slowly and somewhat painfully my recognition has surfaced into my consciousness, just this morning.

Of course I would like to share this recognition with you, my doppelgänger, but what magic could bring the mirror alive?

Well, magic is imaginary, and of course the Bible warns us of graven images, so we proceed soberly and serously, expecting the unexpected, like a good marriage, and our doppelgänger appears, shy and wet from the chrysalis.

G

garbage

Invoking motivation to bring out the best in oneself versus constantly struggling with living up to an ideal. Either way, we often view our ideal selves as a doppelganger, an 'evil twin,' an embodiment of the qualities opposite our own.

:cheers:

Mole

Permabanned
Invoking motivation to bring out the best in oneself versus constantly struggling with living up to an ideal. Either way, we often view our ideal selves as a doppelganger, an 'evil twin,' an embodiment of the qualities opposite our own.:cheers:

In my case I projected my ideal self onto a member of Typology Central. And even as I write this, I can hardly believe it.

But my emotion was so strong, or we might say the transference was so effective, even today I can't quite believe I was doing the projecting, and I am still hopelessly trying to understand and even change the other member.

It's as though I deeply hypnotised myself, or put myself into a deep trance, and even today I still find myself caught in the trance. Of course I realised I was getting into deep water beyond my control so I ended any contact with the member.

But it does illustrate how powerful the transference is, how powerful are our projections. I remember Scientific American finding that just the presence of another person affects our metablism more than heroin. And yet, here we are, surrounded by each other, more powerful than heroin.