User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Alright, since Aesthete is taking this in a more honest direction,

Belonging means I respect someone enough to want to be with or apart of them. They should be good for me and I for them. I then insult when I've been harmed and the other person doesn't recognize it or doesn't care. And when that happens I don't need to belong, nor do I care. They don't deserve to belong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Funny. I don't find it surprising at all

Most reasonable people would use that disparity to reevaluate their perception.
    Most reasonable people also don't proclaim ignorance is excuse worthy.

Classy. She was rebutting me, so you bit her as well.

Are you catching on yet?
    Haha, she labeled me as insulting. That's insulting. You catching on yet?

Well this should be fun. I don't have to be anywhere. That's it Jennifer, let it all out. You got my attention today.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Greetings, Socrates.
    Yeah, I see you've got it all figured out. Yeah, I'm just shaking in my boots crying oceans of tears. You're such a pro crystal ball mind-reader, I bet you don't even need the crystal ball.
    Nice projection, Silky; not everyone is as weak as you to let a little periodic turmoil ruin a whole day. Nice try though. Come again.
    You're pretty irony-impaired, my friend. You also seem to know me remarkably well. Congrats!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well this should be fun. I don't have to be anywhere. That's it Jennifer, let it all out. You got my attention today.
    Uh... I did let it all out. That's what I think about what you've said.

You seem to use language for very different purposes than I'm using it.

----

And to tie this back into the thread topic... I suppose we are still trying to decide whether this thread blows Victor's idea out of the water (i.e., sometimes an insult is just an insult), or is this an attempt by one person to drag another down to the level they feel that they've been relegated to?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    You're pretty irony-impaired, my friend. You also seem to know me remarkably well. Congrats!
    Funny, there seems to be an echo to my post. Well, you know what they say, my friend, imitation is a form flattery. You're flattering.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Funny, there seems to be an echo to my post. Well, you know what they say, my friend, imitation is a form flattery. You're flattering.
    Weak.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh. Just saw this. I was on my cell earlier.

Most reasonable people also don't proclaim ignorance is excuse worthy.
    That's why I challenged your ignorance in the political thread. If you're going to come into a conversation with belligerent cynicism, then I'm going to push on you. I was hoping there would be something in there to support the comments you were making, but... no.

Apparently you didn't like that?

Haha, she labeled me as insulting. That's insulting. You catching on yet?
    I think calling someone publicly a cunt and a piece of shit in a conversation they weren't even part of to be pretty insulting, yes. That's not relational rocket science.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Uh... I did let it all out. That's what I think about what you've said.

You seem to use language for very different purposes than I'm using it.
    Nice move, an unexpected twist from pejorative to neutral. Well, alright then. Looks like I'm still forming my next move then.

----

And to tie this back into the thread topic... I suppose we are still trying to decide whether this thread blows Victor's idea out of the water (i.e., sometimes an insult is just an insult), or is this an attempt by one person to drag another down to the level they feel that they've been relegated to?
    You just gave me a great thread idea. Do people who think others are trying to drag them down actually have a certain kind of moral (or otherwise) superiority complex? Do they use it to invalid the thoughts and experiences of other people or is it really true? How can you know?

Alright, it's your move now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Nice move, an unexpected twist from pejorative to neutral. Well, alright then. Looks like I'm still forming my next move then.
    I don't think you get this.

Stop reading me as if I were you.

Neutral is my typical approach. At times I get pissed and can zing someone, but I typically go back to neutral. I'm not a "hose down the yard with a full clip" kind of person. So don't expect that from me. You're lucky I'm engaging you at all, my other standard strategy is just to ignore people who I feel I can't communicate with, because what's the point?

You just gave me a great thread idea. Do people who think others are trying to drag them down actually have a certain kind of moral superiority complex? Do they use it to invalid other people or is it really true? How can you know?

Alright, it's your move now.
    You're the only one who is playing a game here. I'm really serious, this is the Insult thread. I'm kind of irked we're both derailing it. I'm tying it back to the purpose of the thread -- I think it's a HUGE irony that we're having this argument here. What does Victor think about this? Does he still think this supports his idea or not? Sorry if your brain does not work this way, but MINE does.