User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Online forums where you talk to people anonymously seem to make people feel like they can be a lot meaner than they would be irl. I feel like telling people they're illogical is an insult just as much as any other, but it seems to happen all the time on here, not just a few times to me in the past. But I can't complain too much because I'm guilty of my share of veiled insults.
    That would depend on whether they really are being illogical - in which case, it is a simple statement of fact. It does help if you can explain the problem with their logic. Otherwise it might be just another unsubstantiated claim/accusation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That would depend on whether they really are being illogical - in which case, it is a simple statement of fact. It does help if you can explain the problem with their logic. Otherwise it might be just another unsubstantiated claim/accusation.
    I think the distinction here is telling someone they are being illogical, or that their recent arguments have been illogical, rather than making a blanket judgment about their personality and mental functioning. Do you know what I mean? I have accused others of making illogical arguments or having a pattern of illogical reasoning on a certain thread, but I don't go farther than that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think the distinction here is telling someone they are being illogical, or that their recent arguments have been illogical, rather than making a blanket judgment about their personality and mental functioning. Do you know what I mean? I have accused others of making illogical arguments or having a pattern of illogical reasoning on a certain thread, but I don't go farther than that.
    Are you making the distinction between the statements, "you are illogical" and "your comment is illogical"? If so, I can see what you mean. The distinction is probably lost on most people, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you making the distinction between the statements, "you are illogical" and "your comment is illogical"? If so, I can see what you mean. The distinction is probably lost on most people, though.
    Yes.

And I think that is a problem.