User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I don't know, but I'd doubt it. I'd have to evaluate you fully to find out.

As to the rest, not really sure what you are saying.

I am not sure what I am saying either ninety-nine percent of the time, so it's not a big deal. To be honest, I never check what I write before I submit it. I just write my thoughts as they are when they come to me, even if they make no sense. What I am basically trying to say; is I think I may have jealous tendencies in concerns to my friends and their relationships. Maybe it is because I've never had a real or successful relationship myself?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hecuba View Post
    I am not sure what I am saying either ninety-nine percent of the time, so it's not a big deal. To be honest, I never check what I write before I submit it. I just write my thoughts as they are when they come to me, even if they make no sense. What I am basically trying to say; is I think I may have jealous tendencies in concerns to my friends and their relationships. Maybe it is because I've never had a real or successful relationship myself?
    Jealousy may mean that you are lacking something you are seeing in others.

It's also just part of the human condition, especially regarding relationships.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

Jealousy may mean that you are lacking something you are seeing in others.

It's also just part of the human condition, especially regarding relationships.
    I am going to admit it, I have a lot of faults--- especially severe ones. I often feel like a failure and an idiot no matter what I say or do. I didn't want to admit I had jealous tendencies nearly three years ago when one friend who was counting on my support just got anger from my side. Such a friend I am, eh? Another thing is-- thanks in part to this obsessive thinking of mine I BEAT myself up. I rip myself apart more than anyone else. I am my worst enemy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I am going to admit it, I have a lot of faults--- especially severe ones. I often feel like a failure and an idiot no matter what I say or do. I didn't want to admit I had jealous tendencies nearly three years ago when one friend who was counting on my support just got anger from my side. Such a friend I am, eh? Another thing is-- thanks in part to this obsessive thinking of mine I BEAT myself up. I rip myself apart more than anyone else. I am my worst enemy.

I am sorry to hear that. Jealousy is a familiar fiend to me too.

But no one should hate themselves, nor beat themselves up. God commands us to love ourselves, as he loves us. Perhaps you have a trusted friend you can talk to? Or a therapist?

<3
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

I am sorry to hear that. Jealousy is a familiar fiend to me too.

But no one should hate themselves, nor beat themselves up. God commands us to love ourselves, as he loves us. Perhaps you have a trusted friend you can talk to? Or a therapist?

<3
    Thank you. I am sorry that we have that mutual friend there of jealousy. It's wonderful isn't it?

I think I may try to resolve this with the friend in particular here. Hatred is perhaps too strong a word, I never really hated myself per say as I never considered suicide or whatnot.

MBTI
    ISTP

I would recommend the following strategy - think the following thought now: "some patterns of thoughts are unhealthy and should be avoided." When you notice your thoughts falling into this category, remember this thought, agree with it strongly and either clear your mind (ala meditation) or focus your attention on some other more proximal goal - something right in front of you. With practice this will become more and more automatic ultimately getting rid of the unhealthy pattern.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I've been given a diagnosis of OCD could this be it?
    OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder. obsessive in this case means thoughts that are obsessive, compulsions means some rituals or what ever actions that these obsessive thoughts guide you towards(create compulsions to do something). so yes, it is likely that the obsessive thoughts have some relation to your OCD diagnosis.

edit. @mingularity ty for bumping this old thread and tricking me into posting it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

You ask if anyone goes through the same thing. I respond: every day. It's base level for me, honestly. Normal, even if it isn't the optimal way for a human to live.

To describe that kind of mind briefly: Everything is important. Things, people, words, actions, feelings and all of the other things that make up the universe are connected by the sticky threads of a great spiderweb. When one moves or is pulled, everything near it vibrates, and to a lesser degree sprawling outward, the whole web. If you obsess over the meanings of any one thing for an infinite amount of time, eventually you will have dealt with its vibratory connections to every other thing or exchange in the cosmos! It is tempting to follow every thread when you want to understand something, but remember that everything is linked: if you don't set a limit, there is no end. You will be ruminating for longer than any man or woman can live.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Is there anyone else here who gets obsessive thoughts? I am talking of invasive ones that I can't even shoo away. Example; I think of X and it becomes Y & Z and I am wondering why I even got to that conclusion in the first place. Yeah, I over-think things but when it comes to these thoughts trailing into, say accusations and assumptions about people I care about. I've been given a diagnosis of OCD could this be it? It really sucks when I share these thoughts with whom it may concern. I'm at the point where I think this is a curse and no matter what I do to distract myself the thoughts return. Another example, and maybe this gives a better idea; I read back on a conversation I had with someone and try to pick out words and end up coming up with something that they didn't mean in the first place. The words would become ingrained in my mind. I feel like I am a bad friend in many cases whereas I end up coming up with baseless accusations and fears. I am worried for my mental health at this point and these thoughts are even worse when I've had caffeine. I am not mentally-ill I swear but I do wish these thoughts did not need to present their ugly head in terms of my friendships. I care for my friends, a lot and maybe the problem is I am too obsessive and worried about them? If someone isn't online for a few days I would guess he or she died and I'd Google to see if I can find any articles about their death. Bad, I know. I also end up thinking of the worst case scenario when it comes to them and I guess I need to realize I should trust them and lay back a bit?
    I have these. I have been struggling with them for quite some time now. Yes, these are OCD related and there is a technical name for them as well. They are known as "intrusive thoughts". Check out this article on them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thoughts

Doing yoga, throwing yourself into distracting activities, and exercise helps as well. Also, make sure that you always get enough sleep. When you sleep the brain makes serotonin which helps you to calm down, so when you don't have enough sleep the problem becomes even worse. Also, stay away from both sugar and caffeine, that makes the problem worse as well.

If you have to take meds for them, try the herb called, "passion-flower" and "Valerian Root". The only pills that have ever helped me are Xanax.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have these. I have been struggling with them for quite some time now. Yes, these are OCD related and there is a technical name for them as well. They are known as "intrusive thoughts". Check out this article on them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thoughts

Doing yoga, throwing yourself into distracting activities, and exercise helps as well. Also, make sure that you always get enough sleep. When you sleep the brain makes serotonin which helps you to calm down, so when you don't have enough sleep the problem becomes even worse. Also, stay away from both sugar and caffeine, that makes the problem worse as well.

If you have to take meds for them, try the herb called, "passion-flower" and "Valerian Root". The only pills that have ever helped me are Xanax.
    I have worse problems with these when I'm forced to take ADHD meds.