First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Different people define it differently. There are those who judge this primarily by extraversion and charisma (usually extraverts). There are those who judge based on drive and intensity. There are those who look at it as type A or type B. There are those who judge based on the level of physical activity someone engages in, including running around all the time even if they arent doing much So maybe I dont have a good answer because I dont use the terminology really.
    Going by level of extraversion and charisma, I'm definitely low energy.

Going by drive and intensity, it's highly variable.

Going by level of physical activity, it's moderate to high.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm low energy. Sometimes it interferes with normal life. I used to let it put me in depression because there was so much I needed to do that I just couldn't. I beat myself up about it, which just made it worse. I have fewer responsibilities and more resources now, so it's easier now. I also do not beat myself up anymore. I do what I can. I rest when I'm tired. Very little is life or death, so it'll get done when it gets done.

What really bothers me is that my two daughters also appear to be very low energy. I worry about how it might limit what they can do in life. I have tried to share with them that it's okay to respect their bodies' limits instead of feeling like they should be doing more. I can't make them have more energy, but I can maybe help keep them from letting it put them into depression.

I don't know if there is a health thing or if we just have the misfortune to be on the low end of the energy bell curve. I'll probably try to talk to the doc about it next year when we have a new medical savings, if we have some leftover from the other stuff we need to do.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm low energy. Sometimes it interferes with normal life. I used to let it put me in depression because there was so much I needed to do that I just couldn't. I beat myself up about it, which just made it worse. I have fewer responsibilities and more resources now, so it's easier now. I also do not beat myself up anymore. I do what I can. I rest when I'm tired. Very little is life or death, so it'll get done when it gets done.

What really bothers me is that my two daughters also appear to be very low energy. I worry about how it might limit what they can do in life. I have tried to share with them that it's okay to respect their bodies' limits instead of feeling like they should be doing more. I can't make them have more energy, but I can maybe help keep them from letting it put them into depression.

I don't know if there is a health thing or if we just have the misfortune to be on the low end of the energy bell curve. I'll probably try to talk to the doc about it next year when we have a new medical savings, if we have some leftover from the other stuff we need to do.
    Being low energy has some definite advantages. For example, professions that require patience and attention to detail (in the broadest possible sense) are often much easier to handle for low-energy people (or even in the same profession, roles requiring these characteristics are better fulfilled by lower-energy people). High-energy people - and I'm one of them - find it generally harder to concentrate on such tasks.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

sure, hyper and hypo thyrhodism come to mind
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    I can't sit still to save my life and I'm a major introvert. Antsy (anxious?) all of the time. It takes discipline and effort to relax and I just don't do it very well. I sit up at night and read with my feet up for at least 2 hrs. but I can only do this at night. So I don't know about the introverted/extroverted thing.
    Judging types are go-getters, not laid back. Perceivers are more go-with-the-flow.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm very high energy in every way except for being loud, forceful, or extremely expressive. Also ADHD.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When my parents ask me ''How are you?'' I reply with ''normal''. Does that answer the question?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Judging types are go-getters, not laid back. Perceivers are more go-with-the-flow.
    What do you mean by "judging"?

Method 1:
    Dominant judgers - ESTJ, ENTJ, INFP, ISFP, INTP, ISTP, EFSJ, ENFJ. (Fi, Ti, Te, Fe)
    Dominant perceivers - ESTP, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ (Se, Ne, Ni, Si)

Method 2:
    Judgers = type ends in J
    Perceivers - type ends in P

Either way, I don't quite see the categorization because
    - STPs tend to be pretty action oriented - especially ESTPs
    - TJs are as well
    - FPs - not so much however ENFPs can be very much so
    - ENTPs can be very high energy
    - ISFXs would be less so

So, it's all over the map

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ

I call it vibrancy. Being full of life. Some people just have that aura, even just lazing about they have a really ALIVE feeling about them. Then again I'm sensitive to life energy in a way that I can't explain since I feel a difference between a tree and a piece of wood for example. I can tell that the tree is alive and even to some extent how alive it is.

I think my energy/vibe is fairly chill or laid back. But I start feeling bummed after lack of activity. Somewhere in the middle I suppose.